PDA

View Full Version : easy map maker for quake, quake 2, quake 3, hexen II, ect, game modders

dark heart
September 7th, 2007, 04:31
hi! i thought you should all know that theres a simpler solution to all those maps that take so long to make.
a program that comes with all tools for making all kinds of shapes in a map, a model maker (i think), many other kinds of map things like lighting, physics, entities and what ever else there is and an easy compiler tool.
plus more.:thumbup:

QuArK!

http://quark.planetquake.gamespy.com/

beta 3 has just come out!

what can't it do? it can't edit already-compiled-bsps, but who needs that?

get it you won't be disappointed.

now everyone can start making some quake mods, if i can make and compile maps I'm sure most people can.

sourced
September 7th, 2007, 15:34
useful to a certain extent. thanks for the link :D

dark heart
September 11th, 2007, 08:12
this should be stickied, and where are my hoards of thankful modders? :)

fenrir911
October 1st, 2007, 22:52
lol sweet, quark owns most of the quake utilities, and i used ti code in quakec, im trying to make a hexen 2 mod, more classes, and three more weapons for each class, so every class has 7 weapons, and their will be 6 classes, i think it might be sweet but i guess well see... should i make a whole new world for hexen like... elder scrolls like, where monster's respawn and theirs dungeons and you get sent on quests by other people... if you liek my idea please respond.

dark heart
October 11th, 2007, 08:41
i encourage you to make a 3d mod of any kind, but elders scrolls is going to be a little hard to do.
there would be coding obstacles, and the quake engine can only render so much at a time.
but if your feeling brave enough to code this, go ahead! it would be a great mod.

fenrir911
October 11th, 2007, 22:20
i believe hexen can support up to 68 maps so i was planning on doing it something like the last couple of maps are all shops, and the beginning's are worlds, or something like that, like 16 villages, 13 dungeons, 27 village connector type things, and the rest will go to shops and houses, about 12 npc low poly models... and like 15 different enemies... and a high selection of weapons :)

dark heart
October 12th, 2007, 10:07
well it sounds good, just make sure you remember to keep the polys low on the terrain, it takes painfuly long to compile, believe me i found that out the hard way.
apart from that, good luck. :D
if you need some good utilities, just ask.