PDA

View Full Version : PSP MAME4ALL v4.7 Released - Arcade Emulator for the PSP

migsgiz
September 7th, 2007, 10:45
TTY (http://ttyman.free.fr/?p=9) has released a new version of MAME4All for the PSP which is a MAME Variant which our very Chui released first for the GP2X.

Heres what TTY posted:

Source code for previous PSP MAME4ALL v4.7 & 4.6 Hires releases can be downloaded from:

mame_gp2x_4.6_sources_psp.zip (md5)
mame_gp2x_4.7_sources_psp.zip (md5)

after psptoolchain with sdl correctly installed, unzip prefered archive and execute:

$ make -f Makefile.psp

after that a EBOOT.PBP will be created. On your memory stick make a mame4all folder and into it create “hi”, “cfg” and “roms” folder, and copy on latest one your legally owner roms.

TTY

Luckily the source has been compiled and is ready below.

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Listings Via Comments

migsgiz
September 7th, 2007, 10:46
now i got this from qj.net
dose any body know how to compile this

Baboon
September 7th, 2007, 11:26
I hope someone kind soul can compile this for us?

If a new mame comes out for psp i'll be a very happy bunny. :)

yaustar
September 7th, 2007, 11:48
These instructions sound VERY odd. There is a makefile for the PSP included which has nothing to do with the DevkitGP2x or DevkitArm SDKs.

Read: http://ttyman.free.fr/

Baboon
September 7th, 2007, 15:38
Someone on maxconsole has compiled it! :)

Go here for the eboot etc: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=78027

Im in work now but cant wait to test this when i get home.

wraggster
September 7th, 2007, 15:56
everything is in the first post now

Baboon
September 7th, 2007, 16:10
Yes, yes!!! Happy days. :)

I've been waiting for a new release for many moons.

I hope bubble bobble and tmnt now work? ...plus a full screen mode that looks nice would be fantastic. :)

DarthPaul
September 7th, 2007, 16:29
Nice release! Gonna test this.

kharaboudjan
September 7th, 2007, 17:09
cool, is it any better than the already existing mamepsp emu?

Baboon
September 7th, 2007, 17:25
The compatibility seems to be slightly imporved from what ive tried, but this new one has some awful smurf like sound as all the samples seem high pitched.

I got very excited just now though cause tmnt booted up, it got past the rom check and the intro started to play... but then it froze and i had to restart my psp. :(

Still testing others now.

edit: fookin ell... i turned the sound off and tmht (2player uk version) fookin works sweet! :) ...i cant believe turtles works on the psp at last!

Star wars now works with sound and doesnt seem to crash, starforce now has sound...

edit2: Bubble bobble now works!!!! ...although theres no music just the sound effects! :) ...Dynamite Ducks now works with sound and no longer has the main characters sprite crapping out! :)

Dunpeal1978
September 7th, 2007, 17:30
Im kinda of new to this. So what does compile mean?Can I replace my older version of MAME with this eboot and start playing with no problem?

devdj
September 7th, 2007, 17:59
so what about dragon ball z mame games do they work on this version i hope so.

cal360
September 7th, 2007, 18:01
I've always loved liked the MAME emulator, this emulator should be good.

tomes
September 7th, 2007, 18:07
Awesome that you could compile it, though I cannot get it to work!

I have a version of Mame4all for PSP where the .pbp file is from 6/22/06. I tried to replace it with the new one, but PSP says it could not start the game. (i.e. now it doesn't load Mame4all at all).

I'm guessing the compile is for another way to have the psp set up? I run 1.50 firmware.

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Baboon
September 7th, 2007, 18:07
All the games from the previous mame4all seem to work fine. :) - although my gauntlet 1 seems to freeze now.

I hope this gets an update at some point to tweek the sound and this will then be a killer emu! ...If only tutrtles worked with sound... musnt grumble though as i still cant believe that it works on the psp now - so happy days. :)

The graphics seem a lot crisper in this version, but the screen mode 'hw scaled' no longer seems to stretch the screen right out like on the previous build.

For those that cant get this to work just create a new folder and place the eboot in it, then create a roms folder and place your games in there... i also created a folder called 'hi' and one called 'cfg' as instructed.

...oh green beret is another game thats working now with sound. :)

titch71
September 7th, 2007, 18:19
What romeset did you use for bubble bobble m8 - the game loads but i just get a black screen ?

Baboon
September 7th, 2007, 18:22
What romeset did you use for bubble bobble m8 - the game loads but i just get a black screen ?

Ill get back to you in a mo... i just dumped a few version on there so i aint sure what version is the right one.

titch71
September 7th, 2007, 18:37
Cheers - i rebuilt the bubble bobble romset from the latest mame and a mame rollback collection using the dat supplied with the latest GP2X 4.7 dat. The game initialises past the loading romset but just stops with a black screen.

joesnose
September 7th, 2007, 19:09
anyone tell me how to run this, evreytime i run it it just says "error no availiable games found" where should i put the games?

drock82
September 7th, 2007, 19:12
superman crashes no matter whats enable or how much you boost the settings:(

and street fighter the first arcade game the one you only pick ryu and ken dont boot up

tomes
September 7th, 2007, 19:43
For those that cant get this to work just create a new folder and place the eboot in it, then create a roms folder and place your games in there... i also created a folder called 'hi' and one called 'cfg' as instructed.

...oh green beret is another game thats working now with sound. :)

Thanks, but I have the correct folder structure. The problem seems to have something with the fact that for the PSP 1.50 firmware revision, the build has to be done differently or something. I have two folders under PSP/GAME:
MAME4ALLPSP
MAME4ALLPSP%

MAME4ALLPSP contains the "main" EBOOT.PBP and all related folders, etc.

MAME4ALLPSP% contains a smaller EBOOT.PBP (134KB) only. I'm guessing this has to do with some exploit that is necessary on that firmware version?

So to conclude, I think someone needs to generate the second smaller EBOOT.PBP file somehow for 1.50 firmware version???

Mr.Denny
September 7th, 2007, 19:45
What's the speed like for an average game?.

Baboon
September 7th, 2007, 20:05
Cheers - i rebuilt the bubble bobble romset from the latest mame and a mame rollback collection using the dat supplied with the latest GP2X 4.7 dat. The game initialises past the loading romset but just stops with a black screen.

I merged bublbobl.zip with boblbobl.zip and now the boblbobl.zip (on its own) boots up fine everytime.

Thanks, but I have the correct folder structure. The problem seems to have something with the fact that for the PSP 1.50 firmware revision, the build has to be done differently or something. I have two folders under PSP/GAME:
MAME4ALLPSP
MAME4ALLPSP%

MAME4ALLPSP contains the "main" EBOOT.PBP and all related folders, etc.

MAME4ALLPSP% contains a smaller EBOOT.PBP (134KB) only. I'm guessing this has to do with some exploit that is necessary on that firmware version?

So to conclude, I think someone needs to generate the second smaller EBOOT.PBP file somehow for 1.50 firmware version???

Im on custome firmware 352 and i only have one folder with an eboot and not two. If your on 1.50 firmware you will need to kxpoit the eboot to make it work (like what you just mentioned).

tomes
September 7th, 2007, 20:27
Im on custome firmware 352 and i only have one folder with an eboot and not two. If your on 1.50 firmware you will need to kxpoit the eboot to make it work (like what you just mentioned).

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I was not aware that it was a relatively trivial task! :)

PS: I used this tutorial, though it seems there are even easier tools out there to accomplish it.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=421901

titch71
September 7th, 2007, 20:53
I merged bublbobl.zip with boblbobl.zip and now the boblbobl.zip (on its own) boots up fine everytime.

Cheers m8 - nice 1 got it working now thanks :thumbup:

Tyr
September 7th, 2007, 20:58
There is a ateist god!

fucht017
September 7th, 2007, 21:23
At last an update for this fine emulator....I play a few games like Galaga and Golden axe,and i think it improved a bit(a bit smoother)...Stil waiting for outrun...maybe someday...Thanks a lot for this.:thumbup:

Update...OUTRUN doesn't work yet,but it starts up..it's a beginning...i'm happy.

drock82
September 7th, 2007, 21:52
this emulator is very unstable sometimes the f-ing games work and sometimes they dont-but when i put more than one rom which is the same the shit boots up

Baboon
September 7th, 2007, 22:06
this emulator is very unstable sometimes the f-ing games work and sometimes they dont-but when i put more than one rom which is the same the shit boots up

I guess you probably need the parent rom as well as the clones to get some games working... try merging them into one.

drock82
September 7th, 2007, 22:18
:confused: how do i merge them

SmashinGit
September 7th, 2007, 22:20
:confused: how do i merge them

Unzip both roms, place them into one file and re-zip.

Zombo
September 7th, 2007, 23:01
GP2X Mame 4.7...So techinally does this support the games that the GP2X Port supports!?

Please say yes! >_>

And is there anyway to slow these games down? :\

yaustar
September 7th, 2007, 23:30
The GP2X has double the RAM so it may not support all the games.

fucht017
September 7th, 2007, 23:32
Experiment with "video clock" and "PSP Clock"...I use these settings to run games slower..
Frameskip 0
Video clock 100
Video sync on
sound on
audio clock 50
psp 200 MHZ...Experiment with it.:thumbup:

repuken2
September 7th, 2007, 23:40
games i found that weren't working and now work:

- Alien Storm Bootleg
- bobble bobble (bubble bobble doesn't, notice the 'o' instead of the 'u')
- Psychic 5
- TMNT (4 players)
- The New Zeland Story
- The New Zeland Story 2
- Tiger Road
- Trojan (us)

Games tha work better :
- Rygar : doesn't hang passing 1st level.
- Dynamite Dux : Graphics ok, not garbled/corrupted anymore

- Some games like Psychic 5 runs way too fast, i fixed it turning 'sound emulated but turned off' and it plays ok.

- There's no 'pause' option anymore (L + R shoulders) or HW scaled fullscreen mode.

- Sound plays too high pitched.

*** this last two where improvements/changes Chui made over Gp2x source. **

from now on i'll use this emu only for the games that didn't work in previous version. Good Job TTYman!!! i hope you can fix sound, pause and fullscreen issues, maybe using Chui's fixes?.

Great emu indeed!! we needed this so bad!

Panini
September 8th, 2007, 00:02
games i found that weren't working and now work:

- Alien Storm Bootleg
- bobble bobble (bubble bobble doesn't, notice the 'o' instead of the 'u')
- Psychic 5
- TMNT (4 players)
- The New Zeland Story
- The New Zeland Story 2
- Tiger Road
- Trojan (us)

Games tha work better :
- Rygar : doesn't hang passing 1st level.
- Dynamite Dux : Graphics ok, not garbled/corrupted anymore

- Some games like Psychic 5 runs way too fast, i fixed it turning 'sound emulated but turned off' and it plays ok.

Does your tmnt work with sound?

I didnt try newzeland story yet but will do now. :thumbup:

I also managed to get eswat and shadow dancer to work which i couldnt previously.

repuken2
September 8th, 2007, 02:07
tmnt: no sound!! laso don' try to use hw scaled video, it crashes your psp.

argor
September 8th, 2007, 02:24
The GP2X has double the RAM so it may not support all the games.

also the games that use the cyclone core
won´t run on the psp:cool:

repuken2
September 8th, 2007, 02:36
int theory TMNT should use cyclone cause it runs on a motorola 68k, but it DOES run.

sgamemu22
September 8th, 2007, 03:16
Yes tmnt works!! Ive been waiting for this for a long time. This will be forever on my psp... until an update of course.

Apoklepz
September 8th, 2007, 04:12
Nice to hear this has been updated.

Anyone tried X-men or The Simpsons yet?

sgamemu22
September 8th, 2007, 04:40
Tried simpsons and got nothing. It wasn't listed.

Zombo
September 8th, 2007, 06:26
Hey guys there's a new update over at his blog!

See it's stuff like this that should've happened a looong time ago!

Greg_Alexander
September 9th, 2007, 20:12
Can anyone see if they can get OutRun to work. One dude at that blog says he got it working, but I'm having no luck. :(

stika
September 12th, 2007, 22:35
I´v tried playing golden axe version 1 (its on the list that came with the emulator in qj.net) but i get a message saying unable to open rom, error reading roms, unable to initialize machine emulation, what do i need to do?
i already downloaded the neo-geo bios, could that be it? if i need it where do i put it?

x313x
September 13th, 2007, 22:17
This is my first time trying to use MAME and I need a little help. I think I'm doing something wrong...

I made a folder called mame4all in GAME150 and made “hi”, “cfg” and “roms” folders inside of it. And I put either 8 or 10 roms into the rom folder.

MAME loads up fine, but then then screen turns black and it says: ERROR: NO AVAILABLE GAMES FOUND

Did I do something wrong :confused: