PDA

View Full Version : Future projects of fit & unannounced scenedemo port

wraggster
June 29th, 2005, 22:57
Some nice news from Dreamcast Scene:

Marq, one of the most important members of the Finnish demogroup fit? thanks to his work as a coder and graphician, have had a few minutes for us to talk about his future projects on the Dreamcast.

"Many Fit members have a DC and really regard it as one of the best consoles. I had thought of porting stuff some years back but never took the time to install the necessary software."

He told us that he ported the crossplattform demos Chrysler?, Jenny Thinks and Hex Pistols? to the Dreamcast using KallistiOS and SDL. That's also the reason why he was able to do the ports so fast (three ports in two evenings).

"There will very likely be more DC ports, but possibly only the multiplatform 2D prods will be ported. I'm trying to find time to look into 3D programming but it's not as straightforward as basic SDL stuff."

"I admit stuff like this doesn't push DC at all. With careful hacking of SH-4, the sound processor and PVR it would be possible to do so much more. At the moment it's, however, hard to find time to focus so deeply on just one platform."

Marq also gave us a little surprice for all Dreamcast fans: In June 2005 he also ported the demo One Day Miracle to the Dreamcast, but never announced it officially or advertised it because he "is not very satisfied with the port".

Check it all out here --> http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/News200506#fitfutureprojects

Christuserloeser
June 29th, 2005, 23:30
Very good news :) I love Chrysler and Jenny Thinks !

Mekanaizer
July 1st, 2005, 03:16
:)