PDA

View Full Version : GCOS FINAL v4

wraggster
September 7th, 2007, 16:37
Emu_kidid (http://psx-scene.com/forums/gamecube-wii-homebrew/59217-gcos-dvd9-multigame-version-released.html) has released a new version of GCOS for the Gamecube and Nintendo Wii this release includes DVD9 support.

Whatsnew:
** FINAL v4 Release **
- DVD9 support added
- Gamecube Supported (Softmod and XenoGC)
- Straight to disc listing, no waiting
- Auto menu video mode setting
- If a game requires audio, it will ask to be setup (bit of a problem on GC)
- Game listing re-coded
- Improved the .iso generation speed ALOT

*DVD9 authentication is dependent on GOOD media and the modchip, not GCOS at all.. It simply parses them once they can be read.
*Do not use Shrunk Audio streaming games (they may crash!)
*Memcards may have an issue.. i.e. save a game from a dvd9 disc and then it won't work on the game if played by itself.. (?)

Source for the PC .exe is included and soon enough I'll add the rest as I'm not home right now.
To compile it, you must compile the 0x80D00000 build of GCOS, throw it inside the 0x80003100 loader, then throw the .gcm file into the .exe source and compile that. As you can see it's a very annoying build process, hence why I was always reluctant to continue work on it after v3.

As for multi-disc on multi-game disc support, e.g. MGS2, It's entirely possible, I've just not got the time these days to work it out. What is needed is:
on dvd_reset, set_drive_lba, read_id, then fake the status of the drive to make it look like a reset occured, or just hack the functions some more to ignore the status.

Anyhow, I'll end my rant..
I have reached and exceeded the original goals I had for GCOS, and I will consider this a final build. I've now moved on to other projects and real life work takes up most of my time now.

Enjoy!

DCEmu is only interested in this app for its Homebrew capabilities and not warez, please remember that.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

amergoku
May 23rd, 2009, 05:57
Can i run dragonball z budokai using this emulator fully

My system configurations:

intel dual core 1.8 ghz
intel g33/31 chipset
intel gma3100 graphics
2 gb ram
384mb vram