PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Anual Drunkencoders Chirstmas Compo

wraggster
September 7th, 2007, 21:01
News from Dovoto of a new Coding Competition for the DS, heres the details:

Theme
Create a Nintendo DS or GBA game with a holiday theme. Be it Wack-a-Santa or nuclear snowball fights with diminutive elves we want to see your wintery creations.

Contact

Any questions or suggestions mail to Dovoto
Submit your games at any point to Dovoto Please specify if you need your game reviewed before the compo deadline for any reason.

Rules

Original content (Satire will be considered fair use).
All entries must run on hardware, the hardware being one of:
Nintendo DS
Nintendo Gameboy Advance
Multiple entries are encouraged but only one prize will be awarded to any individual / group.
You are of course welcome to work in teams and split your prize how you see fit.
No emulators, media players, or straight ports of old games please (e.g. porting quake to DS will not get you many points but porting quake, designing your own winter level and letting me walk around as Santa Claus and blast reindeer would be cool).
Judging will be at the biased discretion of the participating judges but originality and entertainment will be the main focus (and technical splendor of course). Make me laugh and I will forgive your coder "art".
Submissions can be made at anytime and should be mailed to [email protected].

Prizes
Cash: $130 + whatever chipin says above (as of 9/7)
Hardware prizes will be awarded by giving first place first choice, second place second choice, etc. As for the cash prizes will be as follows
1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 20%

Prize Donations
Feel free to donate any amount (or anything for that matter) All money will be used to fund the game development competition. All hardware prizes MUST be recieved prior to 1/1/2008 else the will go into the prize pool for the next compo.

Deadline

January 2nd 2008 (which ever time zone you prefer, as long as it is still January 2nd somewhere in the world).
Entries disqualified for any reason will be given a chance to resubmit a corrected version at the discretion of the judges if time permits.
Games will be made available for download to the public no later than January 4th.
Results will be announced within a week.

http://www.drunkencoders.com/compo/compo.htm

TeenDev
September 8th, 2007, 01:47
you'll be seeing Halo 2D DS for sure!

::Xraxa, plz:.
September 9th, 2007, 01:55
you'll be seeing Halo 2D DS for sure!

Cool, I like the idea.