PDA

View Full Version : GBA Game Emulator

ButterBeer121
September 7th, 2007, 22:59
I have a SLOT-1 device (R4) and I was wondering if there were any GBA emulators for DS since you can't load GBA games through SLOT-1.

cal360
September 7th, 2007, 23:00
Sorry but I don't think there is at this point in time.

ButterBeer121
September 7th, 2007, 23:01
Dang. Would it be possible to port a GBA emulator from PSP?

cal360
September 7th, 2007, 23:23
Dang. Would it be possible to port a GBA emulator from PSP?

There already is i'll get a link for you but you require a Bios (google it).

Edit: Here it is http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46046

ButterBeer121
September 7th, 2007, 23:31
I'm a little confused about the Bios thing. Is it a hardware requirement? If it is, then my iPod must have Bios because I've played a ported version of gpsp for my nano and I doubt that an iPod would have something that a DS wouldn't.

Also, I have little programming experience, so would it be possible for me to even port this?

cal360
September 7th, 2007, 23:34
I'm a little confused about the Bios thing. Is it a hardware requirement? If it is, then my iPod must have Bios because I've played a ported version of gpsp for my nano and I doubt that an iPod would have something that a DS wouldn't.

The bios is something you need give the emulator all its required software data that allows it to run games. It doesn't include it as it's illegal to distribute and to obtain it legally you have to own a GBA.

ButterBeer121
September 7th, 2007, 23:38
Oh yeah, I remember something like that,

TeenDev
September 8th, 2007, 02:00
This has been said many times... GBA Emulation is not possible on the DS. The GBA can only run from high-speed internal flash memory and RAM. If you have a Slot-2 cart with RAM and GBA support you might as well use that for GBA.