PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 Epsilon cheaters banned until 9999 AD

SnoopKatt
September 8th, 2007, 04:35
From Gamespot:

Halo 3 Epsilon cheaters banned until 9999 AD

Microsoft is apparently making strong examples of anyone trying to sneak into the Halo 3 Epsilon test. The crackdown came to light when a 17-year-old Minnesotan who goes by the handle "Scar" posted a tale of woe on the forums of the Halo-focused modding site Se7ensins.com. His post was accompanied by a photo of his ban notice from Xbox Live, which expires on December 31, 9999 AD--some 7,447 years after the events in Halo are supposed to take place.

How did the eternal banhammer fall on Scar? "A friend said he got the Epsilon from a friend and offered me to glitch it onto my account with what you call the two-controller exploit," he told GameSpot. "I downloaded it from Marketplace and played it for maybe six hours or so all alone, in custom games and campaign. [Then] it would kick me offline every time i tried to play Epsilon. It wasn't until the next day when i signed on that I found out i got banned."

Despite being a self-described "achievement whore" with a GamerScore of over 61,000, Scar--who doesn't want his real name made public--has no plans to appeal his ban. "Other people i know that had this happen to them at the same time as me called support and had no luck," he rued. "I know of at least 10 others that downloaded it and got banned till 9999."

When asked for comment, reps for Microsoft said the company was not officially commenting on the 7,992 year bans. However, a source close to Bungie said the ban screen "looked legit," wryly adding, "Sorry, great, great, great, great, grandkids."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25905855&om_act=convert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1

All I can say is HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Broonale
September 8th, 2007, 04:59
At least the ban wasn't permanent!

SnesR0X
September 8th, 2007, 06:41
At least the ban wasn't permanent!

yes, but the 360's will probably be degraded by then :p

morninghead
September 8th, 2007, 06:47
Can't this kid just make himself a new account?

SnoopKatt
September 8th, 2007, 07:13
I think they ban the XBox itself, not just the account. That's why EEPROM flashing is such a big deal for XBox1.

mcdougall57
September 8th, 2007, 13:32
if i was him id definitely appeal

cal360
September 8th, 2007, 13:38
Well if he was trying to exploit it then he shold've known something would happen.

mikebeaver
September 9th, 2007, 14:39
Damn, he was only playing a BETA, not like it got leaked or anything, its bit of a harsh deal for a first offence, maybe a month ban or something, so that he missed release week but a ban until 9,999 that is taking the piss somewhat.

Mike..

cal360
September 9th, 2007, 14:44
Damn, he was only playing a BETA, not like it got leaked or anything, its bit of a harsh deal for a first offence, maybe a month ban or something, so that he missed release week but a ban until 9,999 that is taking the piss somewhat.

Mike..

Good point he was abusing it though.

alexvander
September 9th, 2007, 14:54
but its still sort of stealing since he wasnt givin it or bought it but an easy fix would be selling ur 360 and buying a new one since they ban the xbox not the ip

Basil Zero
September 10th, 2007, 01:18
ROFL

well, it seems like sony's not the only company who's missing a bit few screws :p

The King
September 10th, 2007, 01:56
wow now that is sad

wolfpack
September 10th, 2007, 02:08
this is why you dont use exploits online folks :D

DarthPaul
September 10th, 2007, 16:51
Lol,I would like to say: NOOB!!!

s1k0
September 11th, 2007, 20:54
i give props that guy would be awsome not to get banend i doubt its permenant