PDA

View Full Version : PSPeech - Talk with your PSP !

wraggster
September 8th, 2007, 13:46
http://aycu15.webshots.com/image/27294/2005800314280590791_rs.jpg

Noob2PSP (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73417) posted this news:

Hi !

Something awesome for the PC : speech recognition. I develop it for the PSP !
I made Talking with your PSP possible !
I'm working on beta but i start with the Proof Of Concept !
You can use the Talkman Microphone, Soccom Headset, selfmade Headset or the Chotto Shot cam.
All comments are welcome, good or bad, post everything you want to make it better !

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

gelon
September 8th, 2007, 15:14
Waiting for an usefull version, nice app

Anonymous D
September 8th, 2007, 15:17
selfmade headset? how does one of those work?

tdog222
September 8th, 2007, 15:31
probly you have to make a usb head set

cal360
September 8th, 2007, 15:33
Shame I don't have any of these as it would be useful to me.

Mr. Shizzy
September 8th, 2007, 16:07
See, now this is the creative kind of homebrew that I like to see :)

Great job noob2PSP :D

kubi_g
September 8th, 2007, 17:03
cool all it needs is for us 2 speak bak

Ramza042
September 8th, 2007, 17:25
selfmade headset? how does one of those work?

Check this site out...

http://community.hackingpsp.com/forums/1701/ShowPost.aspx

Nice tutorial on making your own headset adapter.

Oh yea, forgot to mention, you need the PSP remote... if you've never seen them, check out toys r us or wal-mart, they usually have them.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PSP-Headphones-Remote-Control/dp/B0007V46IY

kjetil1991
September 8th, 2007, 18:48
hm finaly a homebrew i was wating for in years =) thanks !!!!!

pt9087
September 8th, 2007, 19:23
I tryed this with my socom headset! what exactly can i do with it, all it does is say some words and tells me to exit!

luis_05
September 8th, 2007, 20:15
wow!!! who said homebrew wasnt good?!?! i know its in beta version but i hope it only gets better!! nice job dude! can we digg this? lol

zx-81
September 8th, 2007, 21:35
Sorry, but it seems to be a fake ... It plays the mp3 and that's all. I could be wrong, but having a quick look on the eboot, it seems there is no call to any audio recording stuff.

And btw i don't see what we should expect from pspeech ? What is the main purpose of this homebrew ?

To record sentences and translate them to text ? (it takes a lot of cpu and it is very memory consuming, so PSP is not suitable for this application.

To record words or sentences and to recognize keywords to do some actions ? it's the same, very cpu / memory consuming ...

A text to speech app ? (so no need to record anything).

Something for lonely people ? instead of speaking to their pets, they can speak to their psp ?

califrag
September 8th, 2007, 21:49
This Is A Complete Fake Dcemu Needs To Remove/edit Their News Post.

This Program is Lesson 06 Of The C Programming Tutorials On How To Play An Mp3 File.

It Plays An Mp3 Of Some Pre-recorded Microsoft Text-to-speech And Thats It.

This Is Fake.

DarthPaul
September 9th, 2007, 00:45
Not bad,not bad at all. ;)

Edit: Fake,uh? So it isn't as good as it sounds after all. :p

sonofsamus
September 9th, 2007, 01:57
I may be wrong, but I think a proof of concept usually has to, well, prove something. And this doesn't.

Codaz
September 9th, 2007, 03:09
Give the guy a chance guys. If it REALLY works with the MIC i'm shure everyone is at his feet kissing him.

Vangar
September 9th, 2007, 07:58
I gave him a chance. Then i took a look at the program. That was the chance to prove it works. It plays the MP3, thats it.

Sorry, but its a fake, or such an early release that he hasn't started coding anything yet.

Put it into perspective. It took a long time for a group of programmers at Microsoft to work out the Text to Speech for Vista, and some guy that has poorly written sentences on a post expects to make a text to speech program by himself, using psp hardware?

The program has to have a load of sounds and dictionaries in order to listen to your voice and work out the words. One man just cant do that.

JPJunkie
September 9th, 2007, 11:04
What a shame! I think at text to speech application would be good and funny for the psp

ayhoung
September 9th, 2007, 15:58
if something like speech recognition ever occurs though, then maybe that will put an end to the psp typing.

GamerBot420
September 9th, 2007, 17:10
nice cant wait for full :thumbup:

cal360
September 9th, 2007, 17:12
If you release something actually make it do what it's supposed to do.

Broadus
September 9th, 2007, 20:14
Yeah this is kind of pointless. They should call it a placeholder, not a proof of concept.
I remember that PSP Starcraft RTS thing that never got anywhere, and two mods were made for it (Age of Empries and Counter-Strike) and they were all supposed to be like proofs of concept but nothing ever happened with them.

IndianCheese
September 9th, 2007, 21:00
I could really see use for this if he can develop it into a plugin that would work as a substitute OSK for the XMB.