PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE] PSP EARTH 0.5 - Webcam Portal For PSP! Download Now!

mat_dizzy
September 8th, 2007, 21:30
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b289/mat_dizzy/0.5-1.png

Well, it's been a long wait, but i did actually confirm this to be released on the 16th of august, but due to reasons there was a delay, and for that, Cybo Studios are sorry :(

Anyway! Lets not talk in bad news, as the good news is finally here! The longly anticipated (i think...:p ) 0.5 build of PSP Earth has hit the scene, and with support from so many people, its you guys who make it what it is! :D

The GUI has been changed and improoved on since SHR - which in time i realised SHR's GUI was a horrible mistake!

The webcam stream is now like on 0.2, which means a bigger stream display with a seperate information page!

The Bad News is there are less streams on this release, only by a few, but i didnt add any as i wanted to get this on the web as quick as possible! But the webcams which we're taken off the software we're taken off for a reason, which was as firstly Covent Gardens webcam has seemed to be down for a couple of months now, so thats just a waste for the time being, and some others which we're too slow to be ran on the psp!

Remember - The source is there for you to look at and mod, but dont blatantly steal it and make your own! :thumbup:

~ Readme txt Contents ~

PSP Earth SHR - Build 0.5

Hello There! May i first say sorry for the massive delay of this release!

There's not too much to this update, but this release shows off the new and current GUI

which was built on the SHR GUI, which in time i realised looked horrible! =p

There is infact an intresting new feature to this release which is the weather feature,

Which displays images of different times from around europe displaying weather information!

*Installing Instructions*

1.) Download 'PSP Earth 0.5.zip'
2.) Extract it using either WinRar or Windows xp self extractor tool, or any other

software.
3.) Read the readme file, wait, i guess your already here, unless you can mind read? :P
4.) Copy the folder 'PSP Earth 0.5' (you may have renamed it) to the ROOT of your psp

memory stick
5.) Quit USB transfer
6.) Click Internet Browser from the XMB (xross media bar)
7.) Type the URL (file:/PSP Earth 0.5/index.html) *without brackets*
8.) Enjoy and use resonsibly!

*Using Instructions*

1.) From the first screen, click on webcams at the top or the main navigation!
2.) Once on webcams, click on a continent.
3.) Once on continents, click on a country
4.) Once on a country, click on an area
5.) Once on an area, you can either acsess the webcam, information or weather (Only Some

Regions)
6.) It is normal for the webcam to maybe (freeze, delay, crash, buffer) etc...

*Required*

1.) PSP SYstem
2.) Firmware with internet support and java support (2.00 - 3.52) (3.03oea - 3.40oea)

(3.51m33 - 3.52m33) Or If Not Built In Browser Then Homebrew Browser.
3.) Wireless Internet Connection
4.) Memory Stick DUO *or host the files on your own server*
5.) USB Transfer Cable / Memory Stick DUO Card Reader
6.) Fast Internet Connection (1MB+) Preferable

*Terms And Conditions*

PSP Earth is copyrighted to Cybo Studios. PSP Earth was created and first programmed in

2006 under the original code name PSP Cam, We then changed due to the camera accessory

which may have confused things. You may not use content PSP Earth without asking for

permission before hand. If you would like to put this on your website then we will have no

objections! Please also feel free to add more webcams but do not host a new version of the

software with your added cams without asking first.

*Privacy Policy*

Everyone has a right too choose whether or not to be on face to the public, which is why if

you feel a webcam is discriminating you, then we will take the webcam off the software!
These webcams are not controlled by Cybo Studios and we are not responsible for any content

that might be showed on a camera. If you are offended by anything that gets shown on the

camera then please contact us and we will try and identify the problem.

*Health And Safety*

Cybo Studios advise you to spend sessions of 1 hour gaming then a 15-30 minute break. Not

following this advice could lead to headaches, sicknesses and seizures!

Thank you for downloading PSP Earth and we hope you enjoy it! Please note this software is

still in beta devlopment stages!

Www.cybostudios.com
pspearth.blogspot.com
www.dcemu.co.uk

If someone could post a few screenshots of the weather and webcams in action i will be gratefull! :)

xXx Do Not Click Here xXx - Well... If You Dare :p
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b289/mat_dizzy/dsearth.png
Coming Soon!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b289/mat_dizzy/ps3earth.png
Coming Soon!

Please Leave Feedback And Download! :)

DarthPaul
September 8th, 2007, 22:17
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!
Finally! This is the best day of my life! I'm gonna be a paparazzi,I swear! I love to watch people through here. I spent like 2 hours with the last one trying to see if someone falls to the ground but nothing.. Oh well.. Thanks!

cal360
September 8th, 2007, 22:25
YESSSSSS I finally get to see the new version :).

tiosolid
September 9th, 2007, 00:54
I spent like 2 hours with the last one trying to see if someone falls to the ground but nothing.. Oh well.. Thanks!

LOl³ :rofl:
Anyway, nice release

titch.ryan
September 9th, 2007, 10:36
glad theres a new gui.

good work.

-Xandu-
September 13th, 2007, 16:28
Here's some info on the "EBOOT" form.

Screenshots:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0066.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0065.jpg
This is not the final layout.

Currently being coded and will be released soon ;).

parkermauney
September 13th, 2007, 23:10
o.o
It looks too sexy for words.

bladekuku
November 3rd, 2007, 01:53
I cant get it to work. I have it in ms0:PSP Earth 5.0... and when I go to the internet browser and type in file:/pspearth5.0/index.html it says it can't be loaded..? I have 3.52 M33 and irshell?

Safari Al
November 3rd, 2007, 03:01
make sure the folder itself is named pspearth5.0

canadianscroller
August 5th, 2008, 03:10
Alas I updated to the latest versionof PSP and the camera feeds dont work I just get ab x in the corner.... it looked so promising :(

ashamanmiller
August 5th, 2008, 17:07
woot... looks very promising... o and canadianscroller wat version of the psp do u have, nyway? 4.01 m33-2?