PDA

View Full Version : Music prx and Map this ?

Russoxley187
September 9th, 2007, 02:35
I can not get this to work for the life of me.
I have enabled the plugin, but how do you start it>
Enable it?

waichai
September 9th, 2007, 02:47
i think u have to use irshell and get it work

Russoxley187
September 9th, 2007, 22:26
thats if I could get IR shell to work..
ha ha ha

Codaz
September 9th, 2007, 22:44
The new 0.55 music plugin is working.

Get it here and enable in recovery.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=495815

JoQ
September 10th, 2007, 22:10
Got it working, but anyone got a good config for buttons, that aint used in Map This?
Can i browse music too?

Thanks!

Art
September 11th, 2007, 01:32
For iRShell I set up a repeating playlist first,
then start other apps, it supports the headphone
remote so if you have the PSP290 GPS that might work.

Codaz
September 12th, 2007, 13:13
There are several reasons not to use iRshell as an simple mp3 player for Mapthis.

-Irshell requires a LOT of memory which is already needed to operate Mapthis.

-Irshell uses a software mp3 player which eats batterylife.

-The mp3 player plugin uses the Media Engine processor chip which is located on the PSP's motherboard, so native mp3 is supported with more bitrates.

-The media engine processor can deal with lowered psp cpu clock, iRshell gives stuttering music then (under 100 mhz). I drove with the mp3 plugin on 40 mhz running music and Mapthis! fine.

Bonz
May 19th, 2008, 20:44
i know this is a dead thread but *bump* for help i have 3.90 m33-3 psp-290 gps unit running the newest mapthis 0.55 and am using the files linked above for my music prx's and they work in everything cept mapthis they don't even load in mapthis i can't get display nothing... fast ish help would be awesome... oh if it makes a difference i have a slim

Art
May 20th, 2008, 01:00
There are several reasons not to use iRshell as an simple mp3 player for Mapthis.

-Irshell requires a LOT of memory which is already needed to operate Mapthis.

-Irshell uses a software mp3 player which eats batterylife.

-The mp3 player plugin uses the Media Engine processor chip which is located on the PSP's motherboard, so native mp3 is supported with more bitrates.

-The media engine processor can deal with lowered psp cpu clock, iRshell gives stuttering music then (under 100 mhz). I drove with the mp3 plugin on 40 mhz running music and Mapthis! fine.

MapThis! uses a libmad (software) based mp3 player to play it's
in program sounds, and so does irshell.
The real reason it's slowing down is because the PSP is trying to run
two libmad mp3 players at once.

The real way to do it would be to remove one mp3 player from it's source and replace it with
irshell's mp3 player for the sounds as well as music.

deniska
May 23rd, 2008, 06:22
The only reason ME code was not incorporated is because it did not work consistently well across different boards and fiemwares

hawkdanop
June 20th, 2008, 21:09
i know this is a dead thread but *bump* for help i have 3.90 m33-3 psp-290 gps unit running the newest mapthis 0.55 and am using the files linked above for my music prx's and they work in everything cept mapthis they don't even load in mapthis i can't get display nothing... fast ish help would be awesome... oh if it makes a difference i have a slim

Ditto, has anyone solved this problem?