PDA

View Full Version : Extended Pandora Bootmenu v0.6

wraggster
September 9th, 2007, 08:34
News/release from Hellcat:

http://files.area-42.net/epbmv06.gif

Hi folks!

For some time now I am working on my very first "real" thing for the PSP
It's an extended bootmenu for use on a magic Pandora memorystick.

There's still much to be done, but the first functions are already working, so I thought it can't hurt to release something beta-like.

Key features:
Choose to boot firmware from memory stick, internal flash or the original Pandora mainmenu
Fix flash1:/ (the one holding the settings and config) by formatting it and creating all directories
Launch an additional application (PSPFiler or such) with working access to the real flash0:/
[not yet finished] Launch custom firmware installer (OE / M33) with working flash0:/ access, so it can install the CFW straight from a Pandora boot without the need to downgrade to 1.50 first, no matter of the current state (and version) of the internal flash.
[not yet finished] Access flash0:/, flash1:/ or memory stick via USB (straight from the menu)

Download and Give feedback Via Comments
via hellcat (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1780964&postcount=1)

ExcruciationX
September 9th, 2007, 08:45
Cool.

jungletek
September 9th, 2007, 09:55
Awesome man, hope to see this progress!

nielsss
September 9th, 2007, 12:22
Nice im downloading this, hopefully its easy to install.

EDIT: OK its a little hard to install so i didnt bother.

cal360
September 9th, 2007, 12:51
Is there any side effects with directly installing a custom fimware with this without downloading?

alexvander
September 9th, 2007, 14:28
if i ever need to unbrike my psp ill be sure to use this cuz i like the idea of having the option of putting a full firmware on

Buddy4point0
September 9th, 2007, 14:57
this looks nice, i still have to make my pandora, and theres been so many programs for it when i get around to it its gonna take me like 5 hours just to figure out which programs to use but anyuway, it still looks cool expecially that you can completely run the firmware off of it.

cal360
September 9th, 2007, 15:35
It's a good idea to run the firmware on it witout any flashing, like dvehook.

DarthPaul
September 9th, 2007, 16:27
This is a great idea.

Pandora Battery was great,with this,now it's perfect!

Zin0099
September 9th, 2007, 19:19
so with this i can run any firmware i want from the memory stick pro duo
-can it run a combined firmware without flash if not why not make one, cause cfw can't always run your umds you want right? so having a way of doing sony firmware and cfw would be nice

Cloudhunter
September 9th, 2007, 19:52
You can already run 1.50 from the memory stick using pandora :p

Either way though, these functions look good :)

Cloudy

xg917
September 9th, 2007, 20:13
yea kool indeed. big props to creators

sroon
September 9th, 2007, 20:28
I THINK I MIGHT KNOW HOW TO HACK THE PSP LITE!!!
OK THE FIRST THING I DID WAS PUT MY LITE BATTERY INTO MY PSPfat system so i could turn it into a pandora one..
but it seemes that the psp fat battery has differant "codecs" or sumething than the slim one.. so now my slim battery dont work at all.. but anyways im thinkin that if we knew the specs of the slim battery we could make the pandora battery to work with the slim battery.. so you would need a psp fat because the slim battery works in there.. well kinda you have to put the ac adapter in with it n it reads the battery but u cant have the slim battery in there alone.. hope this might help because i really wana get my battery fixt n im sure that if we can get the specs of the slim battery it would be no problem..
(O )( O)

Godinho
September 10th, 2007, 09:04
Very Cool!

Godinho
September 10th, 2007, 09:05
Very cool!

ExcruciationX
September 10th, 2007, 11:42
I THINK I MIGHT KNOW HOW TO HACK THE PSP LITE!!!
OK THE FIRST THING I DID WAS PUT MY LITE BATTERY INTO MY PSPfat system so i could turn it into a pandora one..
but it seemes that the psp fat battery has differant "codecs" or sumething than the slim one.. so now my slim battery dont work at all.. but anyways im thinkin that if we knew the specs of the slim battery we could make the pandora battery to work with the slim battery.. so you would need a psp fat because the slim battery works in there.. well kinda you have to put the ac adapter in with it n it reads the battery but u cant have the slim battery in there alone.. hope this might help because i really wana get my battery fixt n im sure that if we can get the specs of the slim battery it would be no problem..
(O )( O)
Sroon! I haven't heard from you in a while.

You may not know of me (I used to have the username "Faith").

So, has anybody tried this thing out yet? How good does it work?