PDA

View Full Version : NDSMail 0.60 - SSL is back - Mail App for Nintendo DS

wraggster
September 9th, 2007, 09:23
News/release from Bronto (http://blog.bronto-online.de/)

SSL is working again, so this means GMail is finally supported.

Changelog
-SSL working again
-SMTP fixes
-Feed URL corruption fixed
-many, many more

GMail settings:
POP3: pop.googlemail.com (port 995)
SMTP: smtp.googlemail.com (port 465 (not 587!))

And don't forget the SSL checkbox!

Thanks to the testers :)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

TeenDev
September 9th, 2007, 18:06
about time bronto...

Dagangstah
September 9th, 2007, 18:37
So this has it's own Internet Mail service or can u choose from others?

witeds
September 29th, 2007, 18:52
i like it for 2 reasons
1 the wifi search
2 it is an email clint
bronto can you pleas make it so you can regester the wifi points

Eric
October 5th, 2007, 04:24
can this work with Hotmail to?

Sigma83
October 5th, 2007, 05:15
I don't think hotmail provides access to their accounts. I think you can pay and signup on certain sites that give you the ability to access hotmail.

Eric
October 5th, 2007, 05:50
That is bull i now hate microsoft. I would even pay to buy Opera for the DS if it supports hotmail.

dave auto
October 5th, 2007, 14:51
You can access your Hotmail account just fine with the Opera browser...albeit painfully slowly. It's a little better if you access it thru MS's Hotmail for Mobile page.

All in all, I think I like DSOrganise's web browser better than Opera's, but for some reason the Hotmail login page just hangs forever and won't load (I think it's a redirect issue).

Apparently you can only use your Hotmail account with your e-mail client of choice if you have a paid Hotmail subscription...which kinda sucks, yeah. I have read that there are some 3rd-party hacks that will let you view your mail thru a client, but you can't send anything.

I've never really tried, tho, so someone else might know better than I :)

CoinCollector
October 6th, 2007, 04:27
I don't think hotmail provides access to their accounts. I think you can pay and signup on certain sites that give you the ability to access hotmail.

Darn, I use Hotmail too. Oh well, maybe I can make another account at Gmail or somewhere to use on this.

Eric
October 8th, 2007, 04:05
well i did find out that people who have the premium package from hotmail can use pop. They also included it will be available to everyone but it needs some work.

kj8912
November 2nd, 2007, 19:20
every time i try this it says could not intiliz fat lib.

Tech Dude
November 14th, 2007, 04:04
Does this work with yahoo mail?
I looked up all the required information that needed to be put in the account settings in NDSMail and filled it all out. It still won't send or receive e-mail and on the main page. I am using the latest version.

Shooshi
December 18th, 2007, 05:51
Can someone who has ndsmail .60 working with gmail please.... put their ENTIRE setting up. you can replace the email with fake stuff and password isn't important either. I can connect and everything but it goes
Connecting to mail server>Establishing SSL>checking mail status> getting message id> closing connection. I'm not too sure on "getting message id" but it goes by way too fast so i could only see a glimpse of it. ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. Thanks!!

Some jerk
January 9th, 2008, 06:10
Can anyone actually recieve e-mails?
I've set mine up (Gmail), but whenever I e-mail using my hotmail account (on pc), I don't receive it, only on Pc.

rendezo
January 23rd, 2008, 14:44
Hi

When I try to connet to my AP. I can't. beacuse the WEP connection button is not active! What is the problem?

I have an workin Net connection under Opera

Thanks,
rendezo

m-p{3}
January 28th, 2008, 06:36
Is there IMAP support ?

Jeric
February 3rd, 2008, 17:49
Ok does anyone else have problems with their mail settings not saving after the ds powers off?

soloster
April 12th, 2008, 17:54
is the server still up for this? anyone know i cant seem to connect to anything...

User Name
January 26th, 2009, 23:52
It works just fine for me. :rofl: :thumbup:

Jeric
February 12th, 2009, 00:43
Necrobump because I want to see SOMEBODY make a mail client for the DS that actually, you know, doens't suck

My email to Bronto last year, which enver got answered.

July 14, 2008, 06:19:02 PM »

First, thank you for putting the kind of work needed to make this app what it is. I blog, and given I'm often unable to use an actual computer having a way to add messages to my blog makes things easier on me. However there are a few glitches.

1: the cursor is invisable and you can't reposition it on the screen to edit mistakes out, thus you have to either let mistakes stay, or delete till you return to where you errored.

2. The 'write' portion of the screen does not scroll which makes`composing a message difficult. I will post the last visable character as a * for conveniance in seein what I mean * . And now I can't see what I'm typing. Combine with the inability to edit and things get squerrly.

There are other issues such as the address book, but I believe you're making that a priority for the next release. However the big issue I find is that it seems that the arrow keys, function keys, page up/down keys, home, escape, and the x key above home seem useless. If they are not nind providing documentation on how they are used?

I am using a datel GnM card (I know....I know....) so my profile occasionally getting deleted is probably my card's fualt, but I am letting you know of that error so you can double check.

Thank you, again, for this app. If it is to be abandoned I hope you make the scource and rescource graphics, acalible so potentially others pick up development.

End original email to Bronto

Patched: Yes
SSL Working? My account uses gmail as its base (trioptimum.com), and I can access it so I'd say yes.
Added Note: Messages from Yahoo mail do NOT display, unknown reason, however messages from msn, gmail, and a few others have displayed correctly so far.

I waited this long because i had hoped somebody else out there, one that knows how to code, could actually come up with something better.

lolomomo5
May 3rd, 2009, 20:42
can i have an unzipped version. my unziping programs dont uspport this but it unzipz other nds files

Jeric
May 4th, 2009, 03:28
Get 7zip. Supports everything you'll want, cross platform, free, and damned handy.

http://www.7-zip.org/