PDA

View Full Version : ComicBookDS V3.0

wraggster
September 9th, 2007, 09:27
Comic Book DS (http://cbds.free.fr/) is now updated to v3.0, heres whats new:

3.0 (09/09/2007):
New: WIFI mode created. The books from http://cbds.free.fr/ can be consulted directly on the DS thanks to the WIFI connexion.
(The next big images are downloaded in background while viewing the current ones).
New: New look of the different screens (many thanks to FA for this nice design)
New: Theme support: Sounds, Colors, Backgrounds, Icons and Sprites can be changed. All the theme content is placed in the "/cbds/Theme" folder.
New: Quicker file scan (new restriction : all .cbds, .ini and theme files must be placed in the "cbds" root folder. Sub-folders are still handled).
New: Improved change page trigger (using the one key navigation feature) : instead of an exact page side match, an average is used (1/3 of the visible area by default), to trigger or not a page change.
New: Display of a notification icon before a page change. A second key press is then now necessary (this feature can be deactivated in .ini file).
New: More configuration available in ini file (avoid blinking, initial brightness, scrollincrementX,scrollincrementY,start key configurable ...).
New: Slightly better reactivity , preempting and error handling. Small bug fixes and improvements.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

zauberer
September 9th, 2007, 10:01
This is awesome!
I thought this won't have any improvement, since this was already good.

stevo11185
September 9th, 2007, 10:30
i agree, the new feature has made me try the app out.

wiggy fuzz
September 9th, 2007, 11:38
my favourite homebrew app next to ds organize

naruto777
September 9th, 2007, 14:53
I hope it'll work on my mac, though. I can never open the .sh program.

Sonny_Jim
September 9th, 2007, 21:55
I have to admit this is the first time I've tried this homebrew and it's excellent! Although I am wondering if it's totally legal to redistribute some of these comics without the owners consent.

iofthestorm
September 10th, 2007, 04:38
Like some of the other people here, this new WiFi feature is what made me try it out and it's awesome! I was wondering if you could make it support webcomics via RSS or something. That would be amazing. Maybe I'll try my hand at coding something, too.

wiggy fuzz
September 10th, 2007, 18:27
I have to admit this is the first time I've tried this homebrew and it's excellent! Although I am wondering if it's totally legal to redistribute some of these comics without the owners consent.

pfftt... i scan my own comics - i paid good money for them and i don't want them bent when i'm out or something... besides, comics don't glow in the dark

Sonny_Jim
September 10th, 2007, 21:43
wiggy fuzz: I was referring to the Wifi content, which includes some Garfield cartoons. It seems it's being shutdown now anyway according to the main site.

DanTheManMS
September 11th, 2007, 03:35
Crap, that sucks. Wonder why it's getting shut down. I've downloaded the latest versions of CBDS and PicToDS as an archive at least.

AkageNoKeri
September 20th, 2007, 17:12
Ehm.. I don't want the cbds folder in the root. I have a 4. Comics (1. Games 2. apps etc..).. Same crap with the Snesemu, I want my own folders.

DanTheManMS
September 21st, 2007, 03:12
You could use an older version that lets the .cbds files sit anywhere on your card. It's only this latest version that requires the cbds folder.

For SNEmulDS, put snemul.cfg on the root of your card and edit it with Wordpad to change the location of your SNES games.

macha88
September 28th, 2007, 03:39
where do i getting pictods?

Bigfella
October 5th, 2007, 12:27
Thanks mate, the whole reason why i signed up

Time to put all those Spidey comics to use :D

Dr._Zoidberg
October 8th, 2007, 21:35
I'll have to check this one out, read a bit of Futurama on the DS. :)

MikanPachi
October 23rd, 2007, 22:24
How do I get this to work? I have Max Media Dock, and when I go into the folder on my DS, it doesn't show anything, yet shows the files on my laptop.

crookedmouth
October 24th, 2007, 04:07
How do I get this to work? I have Max Media Dock, and when I go into the folder on my DS, it doesn't show anything, yet shows the files on my laptop.

Do you see any files at all in your MMD browser? Or just not in the ComicBook folder?

Try reformatting your MMD CF , and switch to Fat32 or Fat file type, depending on which failed you already. The MMD is notorious for needing to be re-formatted.

Try a forum that is MMD specific, if you need a lot of help, because it is a fickle homebrew device..

puslar_t
November 16th, 2007, 22:55
So does the fact the author removed the link to CDS on his homepage indicate the project is dead? I wonder why no other coders have stepped up to release similar apps?

And is there ANYONE on this planet who knows how to configure CDS/PictoDS to support pictures larger than 700px in height? Smaller text looks fuzzy at this max resolution, and fiddling with the various ini's is useless.

karimm
November 23rd, 2007, 14:50
where can i download comic files for this app? can i convert cbr file for this?

Echo1
November 23rd, 2007, 15:45
You can get some comics from: http://moonbooks.net/moonbooks/news.php

Pictods will convert CDisplay files so you can use them on ComicBookDS - if that helps.

I have all the Heroes, Firefly, Buffy (season 8) comics on mine.

Aaron78
May 2nd, 2008, 15:56
hey im new to cbds and was wondering what file types it read?

wiggy fuzz
May 2nd, 2008, 16:48
.cbds

pictoDS converts images and packages them into a .cbds file that comicbook DS can read. as far as i know it can read image files including .gif, .png (for the win) and .jpeg, and haven't had any issues yet...

though images smaller than the view finder do scramble in zoom mode...