PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday american Sega Dreamcast!

JKKDARK
September 9th, 2007, 16:59
Yes, 8 years ago (9/9/99) the Sega Dreamcast was launched on America. It's time to remember all your good times with this console. :)

Luckily the homebrew scene remains :)

DIGG THIS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/8th_Birthday_of_USA_Dreamcast_Launch)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/8th_Birthday_of_USA_Dreamcast_Launch

Insert by Wraggster

The first console that exploded homebrew to the masses and created many thousands of fans all around the world, the Dreamcast was way ahead of its time with innovations that would fit nicely into todays gaming world. The fishing Controller was one such as was the Visual Memory Unit which doubled as a Memory card and even a mini games console. Sadly we lost out because of a lack of Sega Money, Piracy and the upcoming PS2. But thanks to Sites like us the Homebrew Scene lives on still now :)

cal360
September 9th, 2007, 17:15
The dreamcast to me was one of the greatest machines released. It's a shame it never took off.

Sonicboy 101
September 9th, 2007, 17:16
Happy birthday Dreamcast! :)

Iceman^2
September 9th, 2007, 17:24
I had some good times with my Dreamcast. Dreamcast and I used to have tons of fun playing PSO together. We still play offline. Crazy Taxi was also good for a few laughs. So many games, so little time.....

mikebeaver
September 9th, 2007, 17:46
Crazy taxi was great, same to with Soul Calibur and many others.
To this day the Dreamcast still manages to look pretty good in the graphics department, it has aged very well, shame it never got the consumer support it deserved.
Happy birthday Dreamcast, may you see many more :)

Mike..

royvedas
September 9th, 2007, 18:02
Happy Birthday dear Dreamcast.

You were bound to die early - it was written in the stars.

Bad multiconsole conversions, less-than-stellar first party games/exclusives, gamepads with no inbuilt rumble, too few buttons, too short a cord, only one analogue stick made you die too early. Too bad - cause I would have liked Sega to go on... but the circle of life and so on.

I know I put myself in the positions for verbal attacks, but let's face it - Sega just couldn't hack it anymore.

Let's all rejoice for the consoles alive today!

OV3RFiEND
September 9th, 2007, 18:52
Happy Birthday dear Dreamcast!

Luckily the homebrew scene remains :)

Indeed!!! Hopefully it never die!

But it was Sega own fault, poorly marketing and you're going down...

V3N0M
September 9th, 2007, 19:05
I entered the Dreamcast Homebrew Scene much later than many of you. But honestly I'm amazed at what was done with the Dreamcast, the history behind it all, and how it turned out in the end.. I'm glad to see its still thriving! ;) Happy Birthday Dreamcast! :)

cal360
September 9th, 2007, 19:05
If it were'nt for the Dreamcast this site wouldn't be as it is today.

SmashinGit
September 9th, 2007, 20:08
Can't believe it was 8 years ago, how time flies? I still belive to this day that if the Dreamcast had had the backing of Electronic Arts it would of been a major success in North America and Europe.

quzar
September 10th, 2007, 04:21
If it were'nt for the Dreamcast this site wouldn't be as it is today.

This site wouldn't exist at all ;).

Happy Birthday Dreamcast!

Rick_Son
September 10th, 2007, 04:47
Seems only like yesterday I was watching this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftKtLnEyJ4Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftKtLnEyJ4Y

Dull Blade
September 10th, 2007, 05:33
Seems only like yesterday I was watching this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftKtLnEyJ4Y

LoL I too remember said commercial. Happy B-day DC, still my fav system and will still be for the next 8 years and even longer.

mh777
September 10th, 2007, 06:15
I celebrated by playing some Genesis Plus on the ol' DC today.

Rick_Son
September 10th, 2007, 21:45
Sonic Adventure and Metal Slug 2 (Neo4All) was My celebration :thumbup:

Dreamcast 4 Life!

Cast128dreams
September 10th, 2007, 23:35
8 years have passed and Dreamcast still plays in our minds...The first game i bought was Sonic adventure.It was A SMASH and one of the biggest DREAMCAST game thesedays.I was left speechless playing SONIC in full 3D adventure.IT WAS CO COOL.

Happy Birthday DREAMCAST.
We here your fans.

VampDude
September 11th, 2007, 00:19
Dreamcast was the best console SEGA ever made :D

Elven6
September 11th, 2007, 00:38
A bit late to the party but nevertheless happy Birthday Dreamcast! The Dreamcast was truley one of the greatest consoles made, it had so much potential that could not be tapped, hopefully homebrew could one day create great looking 3D games!

WHurricane16
September 28th, 2007, 15:04
Best. Console. Ever.

quirkykid
October 30th, 2007, 23:46
:thumbup: Toy Commander was one of my favorites that I played with my brothers (4 player) for hours. :p

SSaxdude
October 31st, 2007, 00:04
Jet Grind Radio is still my favorite video game of all time. Games like Crazy Taxi and Soul Caliber kept me coming back for more. The homebrew scene was icing on an already tasty cake :)

I don't look at the fact that the Dreamcast sold less than the competition. DC owners are the enlightened ones; it's your loss if you don't own one.

Turbo D
November 1st, 2007, 16:17
Happy b-day dreamcast

acn010
November 1st, 2007, 16:21
mine is collecting dust... why?!?!? it doesnt read disks anymore LMAO!!!