PDA

View Full Version : 3.60 M33 for PSP Slim , Coming Soon!

mikebeaver
September 9th, 2007, 21:09
Those lovely people over at http://m-33.narod.ru/ have just released news that we can expect a PSP Slim and Lite version of thier firmware 3.60 m33.

So far there are no details as to how they have managed it or what features to expect, but keep watching Dc emu to keep up to date on this great news.

Mike..

DIGG THIS AWESOME NEWS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/3_60_M33_for_PSP_Slim_Coming_Soon)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/3_60_M33_for_PSP_Slim_Coming_Soon

Makaveli777
September 9th, 2007, 21:33
I gotta pick up a slim now. That is if this features homebrew support. I can just imagine the possibilities with that extra memory the slim has. :D

xg917
September 9th, 2007, 21:33
it is awsome news. i knew there would be a break through for the slim but i didnt think it was going to be straight up custom firmware. i though it was going to go little by little.

Sonicboy 101
September 9th, 2007, 21:35
Heh, this is awesome!

mavsman4457
September 9th, 2007, 21:35
I am going to seriously have to consider getting one of these if I can sell my old PSP for a decent price. It will definitely help that it has homebrew on it but it sucks that the new on doesn't have an IR port for IRShell. I think I will get one of these if it can definitely be downgraded and updated to an M33 firmware.

cal360
September 9th, 2007, 21:40
Wow already and it hasn't even been released by me yet.

Buddy4point0
September 9th, 2007, 21:40
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAA

thanks sooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!
i will def go buy a slim now

Wow already and it hasn't even been released by me yet.

it hasnt been released anywhere yet, they ripped it from the psp slim, as it comes with 3.60

PSP-1412
September 9th, 2007, 21:41
man what happens to us old psp owners will we be phased out

flyer
September 9th, 2007, 21:42
I cant even believe this yet it cant be true i think im going to cry jajajajaja i hope i can sell my old psp for a decent price

BrooksyX
September 9th, 2007, 21:44
I just might have to buy a psp slim after all. I really want the extra ram.

V3N0M
September 9th, 2007, 21:45
So will this be for the PSP Phat correct? Hopefully they get the PSP Lite hacked soon enough..

Cokemusic
September 9th, 2007, 21:47
But wouldn't you have to downgrade the PSP to enable it to run custom firmware ?

Or am I missing something ?

cal360
September 9th, 2007, 21:48
How much will it be for the PSP slim and how much do you think I will get for trading my PSP in (pounds).

splodger15
September 9th, 2007, 21:51
Sell it on Ebay Cal360 forget the trade in you will lose money

cal360
September 9th, 2007, 21:53
Sell it on Ebay Cal360 forget the trade in you will lose money

Good point i'll do that the only problem is i'll have to buy it online as well as i've lost my my debit card :rolleyes:, but i'll do that.

Napalm-Death
September 9th, 2007, 21:54
Oh. My. ****ing. God. I wish this bastard on eBay would send me my memory stick already! Oh, oh, and I can't wait to hear the requirements.

xg917
September 9th, 2007, 21:54
i dont think this will be for the psp phat. on the site it says: 3.60 M33 for PSP Slim , Coming Soon!

cal360
September 9th, 2007, 21:56
How much should I sell my PSP for and how much is the PSP slim. (500th post yey)

Napalm-Death
September 9th, 2007, 22:01
I got my slim for $230 including shipping, so it'll be around $200.

ICE
September 9th, 2007, 22:03
hehe my slim baby will be waiting ;)

Sterist
September 9th, 2007, 22:03
it prolly happens via extension of pandora

PSP SLIM OWNERS:

have you tried making the slim's battery the 'tool'?

all videos show a battery shaped for the original model. granted they still work in older models, but maybe the slim batteries use a different type of cerial ID?

possibilies....

carlitx
September 9th, 2007, 22:05
man what happens to us old psp owners will we be phased out

yah i mean wtf? im certinly not! getting a psp slim anytime in any future. so what do we do will this be compatable with the regualr psps?

xg917
September 9th, 2007, 22:06
im selling my old psp for 100-130 USD

i guess thats a reasonable price.

Napalm-Death
September 9th, 2007, 22:06
it prolly happens via extension of pandora

PSP SLIM OWNERS:

have you tried making the slim's battery the 'tool'?

I read on Max Console that it destroys the battery.

Sonicboy 101
September 9th, 2007, 22:07
Well, I guess if the regular PSP does get phased out it'll be useful for being a light. :rolleyes:

mikebeaver
September 9th, 2007, 22:08
think you will still get a reasonably good price for it from ebay or amazon looking around £65-£75 with cfw installed and in good condition. but be quick, these things are gonna go through the floor once the slim has cfw 3.60 and everyone has the same idea.
Mine is going on ebay the minuite I get my Slim and Lite

Chameleon
September 9th, 2007, 22:08
yah i mean wtf? im certinly not! getting a psp slim anytime in any future. so what do we do will this be compatable with the regualr psps?

Its called the lite version for a reason, alot of the features for psp slim dont work with psp1... thus theyll take alot of stuff out and put it on the psp 1

sroon
September 9th, 2007, 22:15
HOLY GOSH DARN MOTHER FERGIN GIRLFRIENDS MOTHERS HUGE NATURAL ROUND FIRM TITS!!!
THIS BETTER BE "FORRR" THE PSP SLIM!!!!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!
CHICKIN TITTIES FOR DINNER!!! (Chicken breast's)
(o )( 0)

scarph
September 9th, 2007, 22:15
theres gonna be a lot more features on the lite silly willy. it has more ram, other than that it has the same specs.

goliath182
September 9th, 2007, 22:21
Well after this news i think the PSP slim and lite sales just went up

xg917
September 9th, 2007, 22:27
and with no one buying slims in my area and no firmware updates by sony, every one should take the opportunity, APROVECHATE!!

Prasoc
September 9th, 2007, 22:38
ipod touch or slim for xmas ??? >_<

DarthPaul
September 9th, 2007, 22:40
I
Am
Going
To
Buy
A
Slim
Psp

Napalm-Death
September 9th, 2007, 22:43
It's
About
Time
Darth
Paul

carlitx
September 9th, 2007, 22:48
Its called the lite version for a reason, alot of the features for psp slim dont work with psp1... thus theyll take alot of stuff out and put it on the psp 1

uuuggghhh???what?

DarthPaul
September 9th, 2007, 22:50
HOLY GOSH DARN MOTHER FERGIN GIRLFRIENDS MOTHERS HUGE NATURAL ROUND FIRM TITS!!!
THIS BETTER BE "FORRR" THE PSP SLIM!!!!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!
CHICKIN TITTIES FOR DINNER!!! (Chicken breast's)
(o )( 0)

Aahahahahaha!!
I see an infraction coming...nah...maybe not.

xg917
September 9th, 2007, 22:54
Oh
My
F*****G
G0D
ROTFLMMFAOLTUCI

^^
i was bored.. but yea chameleon wat the hell are u talking about?

Nikolaos
September 9th, 2007, 23:01
My psp slim ceramic white will be here this week :) to match my 4 GB sony mem stick duo!

sonikku88
September 9th, 2007, 23:30
Wow, I started a thread before asking if this would happen. I'm very excited to hear that a custom firmware will be available on the PSP Slim soon. I can't wait to get rid of my old PSP.

Kramer
September 10th, 2007, 00:12
Unbelievable how quickly it's all happening:)

xg917
September 10th, 2007, 00:15
yea i didnt really expect it to be so fast but m33 team never phails :)

V3N0M
September 10th, 2007, 00:28
So then is this confirmation that the PSP Slim has been hacked? What I got out of this was they decrypted 3.60 and are making a 3.60M33 for regular PSP Phat users. I guess I'm a bit confused at what’s going here..

ICE
September 10th, 2007, 00:37
yes i assume that it is indeed hacked.

Emeriastone
September 10th, 2007, 00:38
I got my slim already at walmart. They were on the shelves. Go see if they have them in stock at your walmart.

felonyr301
September 10th, 2007, 00:41
I hope this is true would love to get the psp slim with the same homebrew capabilities as my psp1... having it a lil less bulkier is a plus when i have it in my pocket...

But the biggest reason for it would be for that extra ram... i really hope people start using that extra ram, could help out the n64 emulator and other stuff alot...

Squidman
September 10th, 2007, 01:12
as asked multiple times before....what's gonna happen to us original PSPer's?

seriously, this would be taking the "newgrounds #1 effect". being, people who know of newgrounds would see and enjoy the #1 flash-film, while a year later some n00b finds it and tells you about it and how it's "new"...happened to me with the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny [heard my sophomore year in high school and someone told me about it in my junior year].
Key difference being it's a 5 - 10 year old just finding out about the PSP and in the "Slim-era" of PSP telling you about cfw like it's a new phenomena [of course gives you the ability to turn around and viciously yell "BITCH I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE 1.50"]

Basil Zero
September 10th, 2007, 01:17
wonderful now i'll have to get myself a PSP slim -____-

kando
September 10th, 2007, 01:38
28 themes....drool...

Mortext
September 10th, 2007, 01:40
I went out and bought a slim today 210$ for the silver daxter pack, was there word of when the ceramic white starwars ones are gonna be released? Im not to impressed with the colour of the silver one...

Napalm-Death
September 10th, 2007, 01:49
Vader PSP comes out next month.

mavsman4457
September 10th, 2007, 02:08
This must mean that there is a way to downgrade the slim. I think I'm going to fight myself into getting this.

ICE
September 10th, 2007, 02:12
This must mean that there is a way to downgrade the slim. I think I'm going to fight myself into getting this.

might just go straight to m33 somehow.

mavsman4457
September 10th, 2007, 02:18
might just go straight to m33 somehow.

That would be sweet. Good news, I just found out that I can get a good chunk of money for my Zire 72 so I am going to get a Slim. If anyone wants to save some money on a Zire 72 and make me a bid then go for it. If it will save me the trouble of going through ebay then I'd love to do it.

pt9087
September 10th, 2007, 02:47
I_Will_Get_One_Two

O.o

Sony will make a few BOB from this! whoop!

But wait... Slim hasnt been hacked yet? has it?

pimp12
September 10th, 2007, 02:54
I cant wait till I get this on my slim psp its going to be awesome! I thiink it has to do something with the Pandora battery....

cashboxz02
September 10th, 2007, 03:08
now ill b able to play ps1 games and n64 games on my slim :)

VampDude
September 10th, 2007, 03:30
Hopefully there will soon be a way to downgrade a slim PSP in order to use this firmware, cause that would be cool to have a downgrader to start the new PSP's legacy off with! :p

tuta
September 10th, 2007, 03:36
Great News

This definitely has sumtin to do with what alex and mathlieuth posted back then about dumpin 3.60 files from slim

So with that they even said its an easy process juz they wouldnt make it public
acting as a motivation to tell devs that its possible

m33 might be making a special pandora(I think we still have to keep our old homebrew-capable psp for this) utilizing psp's battery to access a menu and maybe not downgrading but adding 1.50 and 3.60 subset into it
So if this is true we will get an ultimate firmware because flash size is much bigger than usual so devs can implement many things into the psp's flash
Thus maybe creating better cfw

I will keep my fingers crossed on this
It looks promising but hardware might be a problem aswell(new mobo)

Next would be how homebrews work?New code must be made for hombrews to use all of the ram
Does it require devs to remodify code or will it run straight as usual(although psp1 and 2 are similiar in specs accept for ram we really need a confirmation)

So I am getting my slim after this is released and confirmed working
Coz in my country there arent many psp lovers and by 1-2 mths launch it usually has a huge price drop

Squidman
September 10th, 2007, 03:52
But wait... Slim hasnt been hacked yet? has it?

well, sort-of.

DAX and Mathlieuth were able to dump the Slim's NAND, there was no public release of ANY software modifications, hardware modifications, or 3rd party software running on the new unit. This though, could be the first to do 2 of the 3 things I just listed.

still hoping that this could come to the PSPhat in the future...i'd love to run 3.60 M33 on my original 1.50 original

xxhiroshi21xx
September 10th, 2007, 04:59
Cool, so if the PSP Phat gets phased out, it'll be the last Sony product I'll ever buy. **** you, Sony. :)

Johnny Rash
September 10th, 2007, 07:56
Cool, so if the PSP Phat gets phased out, it'll be the last Sony product I'll ever buy. **** you, Sony. :)

Agreed with completely.
However, with this news, it does seem that I'll have to go out and purchase the new PSP. I knew all along that it wouldn't take long to hack the new PSP. But hacked before the US release was beyond my expectations.

F*** you Sony.

happy_mak
September 10th, 2007, 08:43
i am maybe just a noob with this one,
but i feel 3.60 M33 is nothing to get excited about since i believe this to be a custom firmware attempt which will be deployable once a kernel exploit is found in SLIM version. But what do i know.. maybe the team M33 has also found an exploit/way to install it to the Slim.... though the chances are slim!

Johnny Rash
September 10th, 2007, 09:30
i am maybe just a noob with this one,
but i feel 3.60 M33 is nothing to get excited about since i believe this to be a custom firmware attempt which will be deployable once a kernel exploit is found in SLIM version. But what do i know.. maybe the team M33 has also found an exploit/way to install it to the Slim.... though the chances are slim!

Nah, Sony left a hole somewhere. They always do. Along with new features are holes. And now we know more about where to look. After all, if Sony never left that hole in 1.0 and 1.5...homebrew for the PSP might have been but a dream.

mnuhaily22
September 10th, 2007, 10:06
Hell YA!!! I'm gonna sell my PSP phat and get myself a slim...

Cloudhunter
September 10th, 2007, 10:18
I think "soon" is just hype. I doubt we'll see it within a week. A hell of a lot of work has to be done in order for it to work - especially the fact that the 1.50 ipl won't work on the slim and they'd either have to find a way of loading unsigned modules on 3.60, or writing a custom 3.60 based ipl.

So, I doubt we'll seen it within a week, however I'd like to be proven wrong.

Cloudy

tuta
September 10th, 2007, 11:00
What with all this sony haters LOL

If sony isnt here psp wouldnt exist really wish all u sony haters wud stfu

I still believe u need ur old homebrew capable psp to work out a trick
So I will be keeping mine no intention of sellin my old 1

lamentofking
September 10th, 2007, 11:19
I think some of you are confused. This cfw is for psp slim not the original psp. At least thats what its saying in the title. So original psp owners shouldnt get so excited just yet.

Its good that M33 has mde the cfw and not just the downgrader cause if the psp slim gets downgraded alone then we cant use the new features which would defeat the purpose of havin a psp slim.

Airdevil
September 10th, 2007, 13:46
I also doubt the original psp will be phased out. This is because a lot of you are forgetting that the extra ram is only used to cache files from UMDS for quicker loading times.

Its not just bonus ram thats been increased onto the original RAM. It is completely seperate. If this extra ram is hacked and made usable for homebrew software, then yes... some homebrews would run better.

However i doubt some of the devs who make programs with the likes of IRShell and Daedalus, wont just abandon all their loyal fans on the original just so it makes their jobs a tiny bit better. So, as far as im concerned the slim will be a waste of money when it comes to homebrew because it will be exactly the same as the original if the ram isnt hacked. If it does get hacked then you will only expect a tiny amount of programs being made, due to loyalty and/or actually NEEDING it.

Come to think of it, even if the small amount of slim programs do get made, the M33 or Noobz teams will most likely create a way to emulate the new ram from a psp memory stick on the original.

Maybe im getting ahead of myself..... Just my 2 cents lol.

kjetil1991
September 10th, 2007, 14:04
what about the old psp?

pt9087
September 10th, 2007, 14:18
There is a way to downgrade PSP Slim!

I am 100% sure on this! knowone knows as of yet!

If they can make a CF, then they need to test it!... e.g Downgrade a PSP Slim

hacksparrow
September 10th, 2007, 14:58
Nah, Sony left a hole somewhere. They always do. Along with new features are holes. And now we know more about where to look. After all, if Sony never left that hole in 1.0 and 1.5...homebrew for the PSP might have been but a dream.
there is no hole in 1.0, because it is not locked

Uberman
September 10th, 2007, 16:18
I'm gonna lmao when all these people rush out to buy a Slim only to find that this whole announcement was just that M33 got ahold of the 3.60fw and are customizing it for the PSP-1000 (ahead of it's release by Sony).

:rofl:

mike_jmg
September 10th, 2007, 16:33
HELL YEAH!!!!

Just got here from the Sonata Arctica concert in Guadalajara and then I see this, I'm definitely getting the slim, once i got the money LOL

DarthPaul
September 10th, 2007, 16:43
HELL YEAH!!!!

Just got here from the Sonata Arctica concert in Guadalajara and then I see this, I'm definitely getting the slim, once i got the money LOL

Sonata Artica!!!

How was it how was it how was it??

blackrave
September 10th, 2007, 17:22
Awesome news.

Not sure if I'll get a slim one, though, since I already own the original. Nevertheless, great work. Let's see how it turns out, and let's hope Sony doesn't delay the release of the Slim in other parts of the world to fix this exploit (firmware 3.61?).

ZeakStarwind
September 10th, 2007, 18:55
This is fantastic news. I will consider getting the PSP Slim later, but... I got other things I planned on. I will sell my CFW PSP on eBay for the fact that I really want a Nintendo Wii... I've waited long enough and I want to play Metroid Prime Corruption + Zelda TP. Heh sorry about the off topic.

Anyways this is because I know the PSP Slim will be cracked and I can afford the new slim later for homebrew. Getting abit bored with my psp as I am satisfied from having it for a year. Good work M33 team. Keep it up and will be seeing the PSP Slim soon.

lamentofking
September 11th, 2007, 23:32
I'm gonna lmao when all these people rush out to buy a Slim only to find that this whole announcement was just that M33 got ahold of the 3.60fw and are customizing it for the PSP-1000 (ahead of it's release by Sony).

:rofl:so the cfw is not for the slim then? that banner that M33 released can be misguiding i swear......

Johnny Rash
September 13th, 2007, 03:50
there is no hole in 1.0, because it is not locked

Well...I stand corrected...
Well, it it'd been locked from the beginning...I guess...nevermind.

[HP]
September 14th, 2007, 18:24

:rofl:

Are you listening to yourself? That is not true man...

... you gotta love this fat PSP fanboys! :rolleyes: