PDA

View Full Version : Good news futurama fans.

shadowprophet
September 9th, 2007, 22:15
feb 08, Comedy central,
It's offical Futurama Is uncancelled, Check Ice's post for the vid
Thanks ICE :thumbup:
I wont be missing it.

Comedy central Bumper,
TrbmSWcgymc

ICE
September 9th, 2007, 22:16
hEtZHOj4vHo

Shadowblind
September 9th, 2007, 22:27
Really, they ought to be thanking Adult Swim for the return, seeing as it got 85% of its popularity back from there.

shadowprophet
September 9th, 2007, 22:32
Really, they ought to be thanking Adult Swim for the return, seeing as it got 85% of its popularity back from there.
The same corporation owns cartoon network and comedy central anyway.
;) It's all good

SnesR0X
September 9th, 2007, 22:40
I've known of it's return (rumors at first of course) for almost two years now, and let me tell you, IT IS GOING TO ROCK THE F***ING HOUSE!

shadowprophet
September 9th, 2007, 22:44
I've known of it's return (rumors at first of course) for almost two years now, and let me tell you, IT IS GOING TO ROCK THE F***ING HOUSE!
And most futurama fans :p

Still I had never seen this clip before, Its the proof I needed :thumbup:

SnesR0X
September 9th, 2007, 23:11
Yeah, it was shown at comic-con, and seriously there couldn't have been a better place to reveal it :D

shadowprophet
September 9th, 2007, 23:41
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/8367/bendersbigscorecoverdz6.jpg
Due out by christmas

Some info on the other movies,
Movie 2
Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs

Release Date: in 2008 (exact date not set)

Guest Stars:
Singer and actress Brittany Murphy
Comedian David Cross
Quantum gravity guru Prof. Stephen Hawking (himself)
No further information yet.

Movie 3
Futurama: Bender's Game

Guest Stars:
George 'Sulu' Takei
Rich Little

Movie 4
Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder

Guest Stars:
Penn Jillette
Phil Hendrie

Shadowblind
September 9th, 2007, 23:44
W00T! New episodes AND Movies? The only way this could get better is if there was an episode leak to youtube!! :D

ICE
September 9th, 2007, 23:45
this is sweet. i watch that all the time on adult swim.

shadowprophet
September 9th, 2007, 23:47
W00T! New episodes AND Movies? The only way this could get better is if there was an episode leak to youtube!! :D
The four movies are being cut into 22 minute episodes, And those movie "will be" the new eps that air on comedy central :rolleyes:
Still If all goes well matt groening already stated that there is a srtong possibility of new seasons being made after this:cool:

gdf
September 10th, 2007, 00:12
The four movies are being cut into 22 minute episodes, And those movie "will be" the new eps that air on comedy central :rolleyes:
Still If all goes well matt groening already stated that there is a srtong possibility of new seasons being made after this:cool:

Never heard about that before. If so, mother****ing yes yes yes. Good news especially now the Simpsons is getting tired.

Mother****ing yes yes yes.

I hope the DVDs come out here at the same time. If not, it will be time to get some torrents on the go.

Futurama=Much lulz, big win.

shadowprophet
September 10th, 2007, 00:59
Part One
cCCjrVsP18I

part Two
RKSLfNfrH3Q

part Three
s3sB4h4lBgE

part Four
QPYx_48Skvs

part Five
l0k3CxPwKiE

part Six
eAX8c4fTgcU

Lol I dont expect you to watch em all, But they are here for those that would
:cool:

VampDude
September 10th, 2007, 01:05

That sucks (they should be longer if classed as movies), but Futurama rules thou! :)

shadowprophet
September 10th, 2007, 01:10
That sucks (they should be longer if classed as movies), but Futurama rules thou! :)
It wont be so bad. Each movie will be cut into like five episodes with added content, kind of like they did with the stewie griffon movie for family guy :p

VampDude
September 10th, 2007, 01:37
It wont be so bad. Each movie will be cut into like five episodes with added content, kind of like they did with the stewie griffon movie for family guy :p

They should have them as one whole episode each thou (a proper movie length like the Simpson's movie), because 5 episodes is almost a series...

...Anyway, Comedy Central will be airing them as 16 individual episodes (all four direct to DVD movies) which Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Futurama_episodes#Season_5:_2008) is calling Series 5. So technically they're a new series and not 4 movies (?), but direct to DVD before T.V. it makes no sense ???

shadowprophet
September 10th, 2007, 01:41
They should have them as one whole episode each thou (a proper movie length like the Simpson's movie), because 5 episodes is almost a series...

...Anyway, Comedy Central will be airing them as 16 individual episodes (all four direct to DVD movies) which Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Futurama_episodes#Season_5:_2008) is calling Series 5. So technically they're a new series and not 4 movies (?), but direct to DVD before T.V. it makes no sense ???
The point is, Futurama Is coming back :p
Come on,, I know you want to say it!
Give me a Hell Yeah!! :p

wolfpack
September 10th, 2007, 01:56
Hell Yea!!

The Return of Bender :D

VampDude
September 10th, 2007, 01:57
The point is, Futurama Is coming back :p
Come on,, I know you want to say it!

It's good that Futurama is coming back, but they should be cashing in on a real series instead've 4 straight to DVD movies which then are shown on Comedy Central a few months later as series 5.

Where did the creators go so wrong? I mean The Simpson's aren't straight to DVD, usually if a movie goes straight to DVD it's not going to be a success - but a T.V. series?

Hopefully the new Futurama series/movie will spark some new interest and spawn more "regular type" series like the first 4.

Oh, and...

...Hell Yeah! lol :p

shadowprophet
September 10th, 2007, 02:04
Tv died for me when futurama was canceled. For the first time in a long time, My Tv be turned on and not playing a video game or anything! I cant wait :rofl:

The King
September 10th, 2007, 02:05
Bender:
Kiss my shiny metal ass.
Fry:
it don't look so shiny to me.
Bender:
shinier than yours meat bag.

lol that is one of my favorate phrases in its in the first episode lol

shadowprophet
September 10th, 2007, 02:09
Bender:
Kiss my shiny metal ass.
Fry:
it don't look so shiny to me.
Bender:
shinier than yours meat bag.

lol that is one of my favorate phrases in its in the first episode lol
I couldnt be happier about all this :cool:

You've watched it.
You can't unwatch it.
Stay tuned for moooore,
TALES. OF. INTEREST!

FFs i'm about to shit myself.

Haha:cool: , How can I reply to a post before its been made, I found a way, Cause im that damned cool :cool:

parkermauney
September 10th, 2007, 02:09
You've watched it.
You can't unwatch it.
Stay tuned for moooore,
TALES. OF. INTEREST!

FFs i'm about to shit myself.

VampDude
September 10th, 2007, 02:41
Tv died for me when futurama was canceled. For the first time in a long time, My Tv be turned on and not playing a video game or anything! I cant wait :rofl:

I thought your T.V. was on for Summerslam? (a night you would like to forget)

---

I will be watching the (Region 1) DVD releases of the series (thanks to multi-regional DVD players), as I don't feel that any T.V. station should get the viewer ratings.

shadowprophet
September 10th, 2007, 02:45
I thought your T.V. was on for Summerslam? (a night you would like to forget)

---

I will be watching the (Region 1) DVD releases of the series (thanks to multi-regional DVD players), as I don't feel that any T.V. station should get the viewer ratings.
It was on at that time, But I wasnt watching summerslam :( If i had been maybe that day wouldnt have been so bad :rolleyes:

Malksta
September 10th, 2007, 02:45
Hopefully it will be decent episodes(not crap with Leela)

shadowprophet
September 10th, 2007, 02:47
Hopefully it will be decent episodes(not crap with Leela)

But two of the movies seem to focus around bender :cool:

VampDude
September 10th, 2007, 02:54
It was on at that time, But I wasnt watching summerslam :( If i had been maybe that day wouldnt have been so bad :rolleyes:

lol, your evening would've been a lot worse for watching that un-entertaining WWE garbage :p

But two of the movies seem to focus around bender :cool:

Bender is the 2nd main character in Futurama, or main since Fry (the real main character) kinda sucks compared to Bender :D

shadowprophet
September 10th, 2007, 02:58
lol, your evening would've been a lot worse for watching that un-entertaining WWE garbage :p

Bender is the 2nd main character in Futurama, or main since Fry (the real main character) kinda sucks compared to Bender :D

Lol Maybe, But summer slam was a safer alternative then the factual reality of what happened :o

Yeah, I always liked fry, But bender was the bomb, He was cool enough to have his own series in my opinion. :thumbup:

The King
September 10th, 2007, 03:10
oh bender is great, bender is great

VampDude
September 10th, 2007, 03:11
Lol Maybe, But summer slam was a safer alternative then the factual reality of what happened :o

Safer, but mind-dulling.

Yeah, I always liked fry, But bender was the bomb, He was cool enough to have his own series in my opinion. :thumbup:

Bender is probably the character who which many people can relate to, Fry is funny but he's not an as comical character as Bender.

---

In theory:

I think Philip J. Fry is a comedic name ripoff of BTTF's Marty McFly, turning McFly into Fry (and taking the J from the BTTF actors name - Michael J. Fox) - I could be wrong, but it could be somewhat debatable?

shadowprophet
September 10th, 2007, 03:21
Retro junk wants to ban me for mentioning dcemu. They asked me to remove my thread and I told them I would mention Dcemu Anywhere I damned well pleased, :rolleyes:

I'll be pulling in members here till the day I die.

ICE
September 10th, 2007, 03:27
hey im watching futurama now!
lol

shadowprophet
September 10th, 2007, 03:28
hey im watching futurama now!
lol

Its hard to beat futurama :cool:

ICE
September 10th, 2007, 03:29
nothing better than zoidberg bathing in egg nog ;)

shadowprophet
September 10th, 2007, 03:33
nothing better than zoidberg bathing in egg nog ;)

lol This is my favorite Ziodberg moment
yQCHD4D7lWs:rofl:

Shadowblind
September 10th, 2007, 03:33
Yeahhhh Bender, hes the greatest! (Direct quote) :D

I love to watch them mess with Zoidberg. Ya gotta feel bad for him. Ok, well, maybe you dont. DONT JUDGE ME!!! :D

shadowprophet
September 10th, 2007, 03:35
Yeahhhh Bender, hes the greatest! (Direct quote) :D

I love to watch them mess with Zoidberg. Ya gotta feel bad for him. Ok, well, maybe you dont. DONT JUDGE ME!!! :D
:rofl:

ICE
September 10th, 2007, 03:41
clack..

shadowprophet
September 10th, 2007, 03:44
clack..
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

*Well its been fun guys, Its time for sp to hit the hay, Night peeps :)

Shadowblind
September 10th, 2007, 03:45
Ya know what i dont get? On the Futurama episode airing right now on [as], Fry goes underground and finds the ruins of New York. But in every other episode when he goes underground he finds...GASP!

OHMYF**KINGSH**! SEWER MUTANTS!!!!

So yeah I don't understand that.

shadowprophet
September 10th, 2007, 03:48
Ya know what i dont get? On the Futurama episode airing right now on [as], Fry goes underground and finds the ruins of New York. But in every other episode when he goes underground he finds...GASP!

OHMYF**KINGSH**! SEWER MUTANTS!!!!

So yeah I don't understand that.
That was an early episode, In the early eps leela was presumed an alien, Its one of those plot holes that just beggs to be overlooked. As in later episodes If im not mistaken, The ruins Of old new york are above ground, :confused: I think :confused:

Sp is really gone this time, Off to bed, Poof like magic im gone :)

VampDude
September 10th, 2007, 04:30
That was an early episode, In the early eps leela was presumed an alien, Its one of those plot holes that just beggs to be overlooked. As in later episodes If im not mistaken, The ruins Of old new york are above ground, :confused: I think :confused:

Sp is really gone this time, Off to bed, Poof like magic im gone :)

The old New York was underground in the early episodes, I think it was in the sewers...

...But the episodes where Leela visits her parents, they live in the sewers but not in the old New York?

bah
September 10th, 2007, 07:21
Excellent, I heard about this a while back but its nice to hear a date. Cheers shadow.

Ive loved futurama since I used to leave school early to get home to a ~30mb rm of the show from IRC over dialup, still have those crappy encodes :)

The stupid thing is how poorly it was treated by the TV stations in Aus back then. They showed a couple of eps, a year or so after the US, late at night with a changing timeslot then axed it.
Only recently has another channel picked it up and aired all the episodes.

lmtlmt
September 10th, 2007, 09:30
bah that is wrong it was allways on at 7:00 or 7:30 on ten, and it is on 7:00 on ten right now, and its on about 3 times a day on FOX8