PDA

View Full Version : Modo - ultra simple mod player (release 6 - Sep 10)

wbb
September 10th, 2007, 09:32
Hello all

I have updated "Modo", a mod player (and more) for the PSP.
This is the version from September 10 (release 6).

The list of changes are:

Remote control support
The menu browser is a bit faster (uses cache)
Limited playlist option added (use Triangle button to select multiple directories / files).
Choose a different directory after first start. Create modo.cfg and put into the first line the directory, eg: ms0:/PSP/Music
Vorbis/Ogg support added (via libTremor)

Please see Readme.txt for details.

Download updated Modo - 10 September (http://illogical.de/bin/modo_Sep10.zip)

DarthPaul
September 10th, 2007, 16:45
Remote control support!?

Sounds neat,could you explain that better?

-Xandu-
September 10th, 2007, 16:48
Remote control support!?

Sounds neat,could you explain that better?
It's the PSP Headphone Remote. The one that comes with the PSP Value Pack, etc..

jaws365
September 11th, 2007, 13:28
I love this player! It plays everything I´ve tried so far flawlessly. Even skips sid-subsongs :) Would be cool to have .nsf support with subsong-skipping as well. Yes, and adjustable mono-mode for tracker formats.

Hehe, I can be a real bitch when it comes to musicplayers. Anyway, thanks for a great application :)

JLsoft
September 11th, 2007, 14:17
When I originally saw the previous version of this, I was going to email and beg for Atari SAP support...then noticed it already had it. :D

Pender666
September 12th, 2007, 01:07
Great job!!! The cache feature works flawless, browsing folders are much better now.
But i'm having lags with remote control, when i play VGZ files, sometimes i get much lag changing music files.
SOMETIMES i press NEXT, and nothing happens, or the music fast fowards, and i need press several times to go to the next music.

wbb
September 12th, 2007, 13:59
If it lags it means the player is on its limit, even in 222Mhz mode. I look into it, but there is not much you can do

Jupp3
September 25th, 2007, 09:35
It would be cool if you would make the program 3.x compatible, currently (at least previous version, haven't tried the newest yet) it seems to work only on 1.5 kernel.

1.5 doesn't support memory cards bigger than 4GB (so it takes some effort to install new 1.5 software on full 8GB memory card, as you need to back up everything and after reformat, copy the 1.5 software to empty memory card to make sure it's "under 4GB limit")

Oh, I guess that 3.x compatible version would also run on PSP Slim too :-) (never tried though)