PDA

View Full Version : 3.60 M33 For PSP Slim Released!

BelmontSlayer
September 10th, 2007, 21:53
Team M33 (http://pspx.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=513246) have released a new firmware that opens up the PSP Slim (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_PSP_SONY_CONSOLE_SLIM____LITE_PIANO_BLACK __ASIAN_.html?aff_id=24) to the world of homebrew :), heres the full english details.

We are proud to present the first custom firmware for the PSP Slim, and the first custom firmware
that runs using a 3.XX IPL (3.60)

3.60 M33 for PSP Slim has all the features of 3.52 M33, except the 1.50 kernel support, as
that kernel doesn't work properly on psp slim (hardware problems, screen problems).
3.60 M33 will load homebrew from GAME, GAME150 and GAME360 directories, but all will be executed
with 3.60 kernel.

This mean that some homebrews done specifically for the 1.50 kernel cannot work on 3.60 M33.
However, the adaptation of code to 2.XX+ kernels is not difficult, and homebrew developers can
port their applications to work in these firmwares.

Included with the release is the M33 sdk for programmers.

Installation:

The installation is done using pandora battery and requires a fat psp with 1.50 or
custom firmware with 1.50 support to run a installer.
However once the memory stick installation is done, you can use it in whatever psp slim without
repeating the process again.

We want to thank C+D Team for having created Pandora and having opened the path to custom ipl's,
without which this cfw wouldn't exist.

Steps:

- Create a pandora battery and a pandora memory stick using the C+D team tools.
- Run the fat psp with the pandora memory stick inserted, but with a normal battery.
Copy the directories pandora_slim and pandora_slim% to PSP/GAME or PSP/GAME150.

- Download official sony firmwares 3.40 and 3.50, and put them in pandora_slim directory
with names 340.PBP and 350.PBP.

To avoid confusion: These firmwares are used ONLY to extend the memory stick pandora kernel.
NOTHING FROM THOSE FIRMWARES WILL EVER BE FLASHED ON THE SLIM.

- Run the program. It will quickly extract some prx's overwriting some of the pandora memory stick.

- Insert the pandora battery and the memory stick in the psp slim. It will boot. You won't see
anything on the screen, because that kernel doesn't support the slim screen, but it is OK, you
don't need a screen for the installation of 3.60 M33.

From here, you have 3 options:

- Press X to install M33. The process will last just few seconds, since the installer only
needs to install the M33 custom prx's and IPL. After the process is finished, the installer
will shutdown the psp automatically.

- Press L+R+triangle to uninstall M33 and go back to original 3.60. Note: this can't unbrick a
psp slim, it will just remove M33 ipl. There is currently no unbricker for the psp slim, but
we plan on doing one in the future.
After uninstallation, psp will be shutdown automatically.

- Press square to dump the PSP Slim nand. Watch out: you need 66 MB of free space in the
memory stick for this, otherwise your memory stick may end corrupted.

This option uses the team C+D nand dumper. When the memory stick orange led stops blinking,
the process will have finished, and you can either shutdown the psp, or use one of the two
previous options.

F.A.Q

Q: My homebrew doesn't work.
A: As stated above, not all homebrews work due to 1.50 kernel missing.
Wait for the programmer of that homebrew to port it to new kernels.

Q: How can i unbrick the PSP Slim?
A: If you have a semi-brick, you can restore it using recovery and flashing the corrupted files
with usb flash. There is no real unbricker for PSP Slim yet, but we plan of doing one in the
future using C+D Pandora Battery.

Q: Is M33 gonna make a 3.60 cfw for the fat psp's?
A: The firmware as it is flashed in the slim psp's is only for psp slims. Whenever sony releases
an updater, we'll support both, fat and slim psp's, but we are not gonna make a custom firmware
using 3.60 slim dump, because it is not done for the fat psp. Stop listening stupid rumors of kids:
we are 103% sure that Sony will continue releasing firmware updates for all psp's.

Moreover, the 3.60 firmware was done before 3.52: the pops, for example, is a clone of the one of 3.50/3.51
So it has nothing new for fat psp's.

Q: I liked the FW, what can I do to help M33?
A: You can contribute some money for all our members to get PSP Slims. Our paypal address is [email protected]

Download And Give Feedback Via Comments

wraggster
September 10th, 2007, 21:56
you beat me :)

Sonicboy 101
September 10th, 2007, 21:57
This is absolutely fantastic!!!! :)

cashboxz02
September 10th, 2007, 21:58
one of the first people to reply saying: this is the shiit

cal360
September 10th, 2007, 22:00
Now all I need is the Slim.

ab_geee_eee
September 10th, 2007, 22:00
wow i dont know what to say...

Cloud_35
September 10th, 2007, 22:05
Only for slim??

that's too bad

burrito
September 10th, 2007, 22:05
omg, does daedalus run faster on psp slim??!

xg917
September 10th, 2007, 22:06
haha sony lost completely unless some how they block pandora's battery. which is probably not possible.

-Xandu-
September 10th, 2007, 22:07
Wow, it's hacked the day it's released!
Too bad 1.50 homebrew doesn't work yet. But I'm sure it will.

BelmontSlayer
September 10th, 2007, 22:08
you beat me :)

I've mastered the art of the F5 button... :p

Only for slim??

that's too bad

The firmware is 66MB, so it wouldn't fit on the phat anyways.

buildit92
YES! Now Its time for me to buy the slim! xD

DarthPaul
I think "soon" is just hype. I doubt we'll see it within a week. A hell of a lot of work has to be done in order for it to work - especially the fact that the 1.50 ipl won't work on the slim and they'd either have to find a way of loading unsigned modules on 3.60, or writing a custom 3.60 based ipl.

So, I doubt we'll seen it within a week, however I'd like to be proven wrong.

Cloudy

He he he this is Team M33 for you.

Sonicboy 101
September 10th, 2007, 22:10
He he he this is Team M33 for you.

Ha, just goes to show that Team M33 are awesome!
(and that Cloudy can be wrong sometimes :p)

Shrygue
September 10th, 2007, 22:12
My God, what this? Custom M33 firmware 3.60 for the PSP Slimline? That's it, this now make me want to get one, great news to hear!

jamotto
September 10th, 2007, 22:15
Good news! Now to wait for old homebrew to be updated.

cal360
September 10th, 2007, 22:17
Can someone merge all the other threads on this into this one please.

hacksparrow
September 10th, 2007, 22:17
just 2 add FOR NOOBZ

YES IT USES PANDORA

I WILL PRANK CALL PIZZA DELIVERY IF YOU ASK!!!

xg917
September 10th, 2007, 22:31
Can someone merge all the other threads on this into this one please.

what other threads?

Napalm-Death
September 10th, 2007, 22:32
I have a question, what do the people without access to a phat PSP do? lol

cal360
September 10th, 2007, 22:33
what other threads?

The about five other posts about this.

Harshboy
September 10th, 2007, 22:34
If 1.5 Homebrew doesnt work then screw it. I remember when 2.0 Homebrew was made...it sucked so bad.

It's great to have a 3.60 CFW but without 1.5 Support I'll never consider buying a PSP Slim which means no CFW.

blackrave
September 10th, 2007, 22:35
Hehe, one of the greatest news ever. The unhackable PSP hacked in a few days. Thanks to everyone who has contributed! While this is superb news for (future) Slim owners, I hope this won't split up the community entirely by only making Slim compatible software.

Thanks again! Fantastic work. :)

-Xandu-
September 10th, 2007, 22:35
what other threads?

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/lol-1.png

jvabbdac
September 10th, 2007, 22:37
Please, can someone explain me ! This FW will run on the memory stick or in the psp flash memory ??? How they do that ? Pandora Battery don't work on psp slim ! I need do this ?
1- fat psp for copy files do ms
2- run this ms on my psp slim to flash all files !

Is right ? Please, someone tell me !

xg917
September 10th, 2007, 22:39
ok um y should we merge 5 different threads that have the same information and same download files and everything? :p

also 2.00 homebrew isnt bad, its just the same as 1.00 or anything else. just one eboot and folder like psptube for custom firmwares. so its no big deal. daedalus would be helped so much.

hacksparrow
September 10th, 2007, 22:42
If 1.5 Homebrew doesnt work then screw it. I remember when 2.0 Homebrew was made...it sucked so bad.

It's great to have a 3.60 CFW but without 1.5 Support I'll never consider buying a PSP Slim which means no CFW.
welp guess u aint gettin 1, no support for 1.5 kernal stuffs

Please, can someone explain me ! This FW will run on the memory stick or in the psp flash memory ??? How they do that ? Pandora Battery don't work on psp slim ! I need do this ?
1- fat psp for copy files do ms
2- run this ms on my psp slim to flash all files !

Is right ? Please, someone tell me !

use original 100X pandora; magic stick+jig battery, override the files that m33 says to, then run it...very easy

i gotta question tho, how do you recover the battery? once you use a 100X battery on the slim the battery ipl is different that the 1 that created it?!?!!?!?

-Xandu-
September 10th, 2007, 22:45
also 2.00 homebrew isnt bad, its just the same as 1.00 or anything else. just one eboot and folder like psptube for custom firmwares. so its no big deal. daedalus would be helped so much.

They all use the same kernel. They meant that 3.XX Kernel homebrew are the only ones that work since PSP Slim doesn't have the 1.50 kernel.

jvabbdac
September 10th, 2007, 22:45
welp guess u aint gettin 1, no support for 1.5 kernal stuffs

use original 100X pandora; magic stick+jig battery, override the files that m33 says to, then run it...very easy

Will flash files on psp slim ? Or i will run this FW from memory stick ?

hacksparrow
September 10th, 2007, 22:49
Will flash files on psp slim ? Or i will run this FW from memory stick ? it will flash & stay resident till you recover, just like other se/oe/le/m33

Napalm-Death
September 10th, 2007, 22:52
Okay, this has probably been answered already, but for the magic memory stick..can it be used normally after the M33 installation?

I <3 DS
September 10th, 2007, 22:53
Can somebody please tell me if this will work on my DS Lite?

Edit: Does not work on DS Lite

Napalm-Death
September 10th, 2007, 22:55
...lol

o1mlc
September 10th, 2007, 22:58
@Wraggster - Do you think once someone's posted about getting it to work on a Slim maybe a 3.60 M33 Homebrew Compatibility Thread would be helpful..? (Apologies if this thread has started since I typed this, stuff moves pretty fast...)

...or at least until someone figures out how to get the existing 1.50 kernel homebrew to work...(if at all possible - wonders never cease for PSP though it seems...hehehe!).

I too would be cautious as regards havng to fork out for a Slim if it can't play homebrew (specifically emulators) as Tetris DX (GBC) and Super Bomberman 2 (SNES) along with Everybody's Golf are the top 3 for me...well until FFT in english...

goaliedude
September 10th, 2007, 23:00
will this work on my ds lite?

lmfao thats the funniest thing ive heard in so long :P

hacksparrow
September 10th, 2007, 23:06
@Wraggster - Do you think once someone's posted about getting it to work on a Slim maybe a 3.60 M33 Homebrew Compatibility Thread would be helpful..? (Apologies if this thread has started since I typed this, stuff moves pretty fast...)

...or at least until someone figures out how to get the existing 1.50 kernel homebrew to work...(if at all possible - wonders never cease for PSP though it seems...hehehe!).

I too would be cautious as regards havng to fork out for a Slim if it can't play homebrew (specifically emulators) as Tetris DX (GBC) and Super Bomberman 2 (SNES) along with Everybody's Golf are the top 3 for me...well until FFT in english...i'm thinkin a devhook system will do u good, but it also needs 1.5 so maybe some1 is skilled enough 2 make 1 for the slim

o1mlc
September 10th, 2007, 23:10
...unfortunately it won't me with the skills...hehehe!

I'll just have to continue with my old PSP on 3.52 M33-4

lamentofking
September 10th, 2007, 23:13
Can somebody please tell me if this will work on my DS Lite?This is the psp slim version not DS LIte version. I dubt if there will ever be a ds lite version caus etis is all about custom firmware for the psp.

Now to what I wanted to say. This is basically like all the other cfw methods. You still need the pandora battery and the magic memory stick for ths to work. which means you need to know someone who hacked their original psp or but one that is HEN'ed. So the first one can be difficult because not everyone knows someone in person that has a HEN'ed psp. The 2nd one is hard to find in retail stores. You cant just keep going through mountains of old psps and ask the merchant, "Hey. can i see what fw version is on this psp?" So thats out of the question. Unless that max power tool that Datel released works, then not too many ppl will get their psp slims hacked.

I support cfw all the way and think its an awesome idea but there needs to be another way to get this to work rather than havin access to things that will cost you 200 dollars more than you bargained for.

PS. I thought i saw somethin about the psp slim bein hacke don teh day it came out. It has been released b4 today. However today is the North America launch release date. So I guess it is the 1st day in a way.

felonyr301
September 10th, 2007, 23:18
WTF ^^^^ to the ds lite question that made my day a lil better lol.... but then i noticed that he only had one post so hes serious now that's sad lol....

Anyways the whole 1.5 homebrew not working yet is a lil alarming considering some old homebrew may never be ported to the later kernals since its been left alone for while...

hacksparrow
September 10th, 2007, 23:18
Now to what I wanted to say. This is basically like all the other cfw methods. You still need the pandora battery and the magic memory stick for ths to work. which means you need to know someone who hacked their original psp or but one that is HEN'ed. So the first one can be difficult because not everyone knows someone in person that has a HEN'ed psp. The 2nd one is hard to find in retail stores. You cant just keep going through mountains of old psps and ask the merchant, "Hey. can i see what fw version is on this psp?" So thats out of the question. Unless that max power tool that Datel released works, then not too many ppl will get their psp slims hacked.i dunno bout elsewhere, but in california all of the used retail stores update 2 the latest firmwares by mandate of $ony

fpcreator2000
September 10th, 2007, 23:33
Holy Mother of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints.
WTF!?!?!?!?!?!???????!?!?!?!?
I just creamed my pants over here.
I'm getting a slim PSP, buying a 1800amp battery and keeping the Phat one.

Now, I gues my only question is if this will install firmware 3.60 on the PSP-1XXX models as well?
I'm going to assume based on the title of this post that this is a PSP-2XXX model exclusive.

jools
September 10th, 2007, 23:38
Awesome news, too bad I can't afford to buy a "psp with more memory":p

SnesR0X
September 10th, 2007, 23:53
mUST, NOT, KILL, OVER-JOY!

Fanjita
September 10th, 2007, 23:55
This is basically like all the other cfw methods. You still need the pandora battery and the magic memory stick for ths to work. which means you need to know someone who hacked their original psp or but one that is HEN'ed. So the first one can be difficult because not everyone knows someone in person that has a HEN'ed psp. The 2nd one is hard to find in retail stores.

I support cfw all the way and think its an awesome idea but there needs to be another way to get this to work rather than havin access to things that will cost you 200 dollars more than you bargained for.

http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/information-for-ebay-buyers.html

devdj
September 10th, 2007, 23:56
what about psp game backups will they work on this

Mortext
September 10th, 2007, 23:58
anybody get this to work yet?

Emeriastone
September 11th, 2007, 00:02
Hey guys, I have a slim and I'm going to do this as soon as I have the setup ready:

Wait to hear more!

wolfpack
September 11th, 2007, 00:02
will this work on my xbox 360? :p
only kidding

ICE
September 11th, 2007, 00:03
its installing on mine now

xg917
September 11th, 2007, 00:05
most likely game back ups work on slim now <_<

ICE
September 11th, 2007, 00:06
mine is installing it and its talking forever.

Mortext
September 11th, 2007, 00:08
ice: where abouts in tn? if you dont mind me askin.

Nicko01
September 11th, 2007, 00:09
Awesome. I hope they dont make a new hardware version that blocks this...
I still need to get one, but i wont be able to for a while.

198 users viewing this thread right now :P

Nicko01, Anonymous D, Arkitech, awdark, Baka, blakey87_1, Bobtentpeg, bodie, boochip, brisknfade, bumfacekilla, chng99, CreativeMind, DarthPaul, dcorreia, DenGladeBagaren, devdj, double1r, Emeriastone, evilgonzo, Fanjita, felonyr301, flyer, fpcreator2000, gamma, Gene, goaliedude, hacksparrow, I <3 DS, ian h, ICE, jamesmc3stripe, jasswamu, Jelly4000, kalel504, ken17103, lamentofking, lionheartng, masck84, mgsfan, mikebeaver, mike_jmg, Mortext, Mr. Shizzy, musicianman, Napalm-Death, ninja80i, o1mlc, OGI2000, pakkman781, Peronthious, psplfree91, re200484, Red XIII, roylazarovich, Sanjuro, sbd86, secretagentman811, spawnz, sroon, Stealth Kill, thebug_pt, thepixelatedpoo, Tinnus, turnerl, twonth, Typhoid619, uberjack, waco13, Welshboy, wiseguy109, wolfpack99997, wwwbigv, [HP]

VexnadFett
September 11th, 2007, 00:13
Heavenly News! Just Heavenly!

luis_05
September 11th, 2007, 00:14
w.t.f███!!!!! i am speechless!!

no i have one more reason to buy the psp slim, i think i can skip a car payment lol

Great job team M33, simply amazing!!

Napalm-Death
September 11th, 2007, 00:16
All right, can someone make or lend me the battery/memory stick already configured? I'll pay for shipping (both ways) and whatever else you may want to charge me for. I'M SERIOUS!
I really want homebrew on my PSP..

mike_jmg
September 11th, 2007, 00:17
Holly Crap, this is awesome
the 1.5 firmware is a sad thing but this is the best thing ever
Now I need money to get my slim, but it will definitely be an ice-silver one

ICE
September 11th, 2007, 00:20
i wont tell you what i did wrong because it was embarrassing but it works long story short :D

mavsman4457
September 11th, 2007, 00:28
When does the slim come out in the US? I am definitely getting it now.

mike_jmg
September 11th, 2007, 00:29
i wont tell you what i did wrong because it was embarrassing but it works long story short :D

LOL

Do you think custom xmb icons will work??

ICE
September 11th, 2007, 00:36
LOL

Do you think custom xmb icons will work??

i dont know but psptube loaded up but froze at starting search thread. i think thats a normal bug though :D

Mortext
September 11th, 2007, 00:40
the slims out now i got the daxter slim at walmart 210$

SnesR0X
September 11th, 2007, 00:41
When does the slim come out in the US? I am definitely getting it now.

Already out:D

ICE
September 11th, 2007, 00:46
yes psp tube works!!!!!

kando
September 11th, 2007, 00:47
works great! psp revolution plays, no-umd, pops....its dead sexy :)

mike_jmg
September 11th, 2007, 00:48
keep testing

Sterist
September 11th, 2007, 00:52
omg, does daedalus run faster on psp slim??!

most likely, but not too much faster.

it SEEMS like it speeds up a liiittle bit when there's more ram free -- but that can only speed it up so much, to the point where the code needs to be optimized, when memory is no longer a problem. R12 has a fixed solution to memory which works quite well, but does have a few bumps (RAM still fills up time to time and crashes). this solution puts an early limit on speed-ups from having more RAM available

i REALLY dont want to see our only remaining dedicated n64 coder get burned out :(

edit:

the memory streaming was implimented somewhere between R3-R6

ICE
September 11th, 2007, 00:54
obCfN6hsGVM

sroon
September 11th, 2007, 00:55
Wait... if the firmware of the slim takes all of the 66 mbs of ram then how can it be used for Daedalus?

BTW I LOVE BOOBIES!!!!!
(O )( O)

Mortext
September 11th, 2007, 01:02
good stuff that was fun: It works ^^

ICE
September 11th, 2007, 01:03
okay that applecore them is a no go

xg917
September 11th, 2007, 01:03
o dam!! ICE that shit is FIRE! does it load videos faster than on the phat psp??

Sterist
September 11th, 2007, 01:05
Wait... if the firmware of the slim takes all of the 66 mbs of ram then how can it be used for Daedalus?

BTW I LOVE BOOBIES!!!!!
(O )( O)

if your psp stored it's firmware on RAM, it would be bricked after the first time its fully powered off.

firmware is stored on internal memory called NAND :cool:

ICE
September 11th, 2007, 01:18
ok well i made a backup of my flash 0 to test that theme and when i put it back now it freezes at the sony logo when i boot it.

xg917
September 11th, 2007, 01:23
umm. does that mean ur psp is ****ed up?

double1r
September 11th, 2007, 01:23
Ice Did You Brick:(

Napalm-Death
September 11th, 2007, 01:25
I hope he didn't.

ICE
September 11th, 2007, 01:25
partially. recovery is still intact.

EDIT: if someone on 3.60 m33 would be so kind as to send me their entire flash that might be nice.

xg917
September 11th, 2007, 01:28
so basicly u cant get in the xmb even with the normal backed up flash files.. argg, first bricked psp slim...

Emeriastone
Hey guys, as promised, I'd tell you if I used this on my brand new slim, and I did!

It was really quick, as the readme says, only took a few seconds and it was done.

Recovery mode and such works just as before, essentially its the same thing but without 150 kernal support. I'm guessing that's what Sony thought would stump hackers. Guess not.

Make sure you hold in the pandora battery while flashing, it could easily fall out. Don't know what will happen if it does, but I would rather not find out.

Hooray for PSP SLIM!

Gene

Damn... Recovery has saved my life a couple dozen times. Without it I'd be sitting in a corner, crying, while playing my gameboy color. :)

ICE
September 11th, 2007, 01:30
so basicly u cant get in the xmb even with the normal backed up flash files.. argg, first bricked psp slim...

yup thats the situation.

Emeriastone
September 11th, 2007, 01:33
Hey does anyone know where to buy the AV cables, or are they not out yet? Now that the slim has homebrew support, I'm super stoked to start using the video out!

SnesR0X
September 11th, 2007, 01:36
yup thats the situation.

So are you boned dude? :(

Emeriastone
September 11th, 2007, 01:37
ICE check your pm's.

ICE
September 11th, 2007, 01:37
ok well flash 1 is just cfw config while 2 is empty and three has only stuff for 1seg.

someone on 3.60 m33 please send me you whole flash!!

jamotto
September 11th, 2007, 01:43
yup thats the situation.

One for the record books, the very first bricked psp in the US?

Hopefully you can find someone with a working 3.60 m33.

ICE
September 11th, 2007, 01:45
if this doesnt fix it i'll have to wait for the pandora unbricker for slim.

xg917
September 11th, 2007, 01:52
that wont be long knowing the M33 Team

DarthPaul
September 11th, 2007, 01:55
Omg ICE I hope you brick your PSP permanently!! I don't care about what people think about this,I just want you to die or something because you have the PSP Slim and I don't! Lol joke. I hope it get fixed.

SnesR0X
September 11th, 2007, 01:58
if this doesnt fix it i'll have to wait for the pandora unbricker for slim.

That f***ing sucks

mike_jmg
September 11th, 2007, 02:04
I feel this is kind off my fault
as I suggested the custom xmb idea, damn I hope it can be fixed, sorry

I thought this was going to be like when I tried the 3.40OE custom icons on M33, They messed up my psp but I re-flashed the backup and it was ok

It would've been really cool to have custom icons the very first day

Emeriastone
September 11th, 2007, 02:12
As a future note, don't try any custom icons or anything similar, until an actual unbricker is released. ICE will just keep his hopes up.

Right now I'm just looking for homebrew that works on 3.xx for my slim!

IDidMyTime
September 11th, 2007, 02:21
Has it been confirmed if any homebrew apps can/do take advantage or the extra 32mb? or if it can be currently seen by any apps? That would be the only reason for me to get a slim.

Sterist
September 11th, 2007, 02:27

EDIT: if someone on 3.60 m33 would be so kind as to send me their entire flash that might be nice.

Make sure to keep your idstorage files!!

kohkindachi
September 11th, 2007, 02:27
Can PSX and downloaded games be played? Erm sry....10 pages to many for me to read, too eager find out now :D

sroon
September 11th, 2007, 02:33
if your psp stored it's firmware on RAM, it would be bricked after the first time its fully powered off.

firmware is stored on internal memory called NAND :cool:

Hey thanx for clearin that up:) you deserve fat titties:D
btw i have a custom wave on my psp lite n daedalus works.. heres a few pix..
(O )( O);)

Solidsnake3000
September 11th, 2007, 02:34
so does that mean i can back ups or just homebrew?

sroon
September 11th, 2007, 02:35
Can PSX and downloaded games be played? Erm sry....10 pages to many for me to read, too eager find out now :D
Yes bro PSX Works:)
(O )( O);)

Napalm-Death
September 11th, 2007, 02:38
I'm tired of sounding like a broken record, but can the "magic memory stick" be reformatted and reused as a regular memory stick afterwards?

Sterist
September 11th, 2007, 02:39
if you have mario64, wuts the average FPS at the file selection screen, with.... ?

--2 frame skip
--sound on
--other sound thing on
--software clipping disabled
--texture update check - disabled

kohkindachi
September 11th, 2007, 02:41
What about erm...downloaded PSP games :D
and do psx games show a FULL screen when TV-out is used?

sroon your pix is seriously fantastic :D

xg917
it depends.. Y? did u get daedalus to work?

steve520
damn ice u bricked u nub just kiddin that sucks though. now u gotta wait more to use hacks hahahaha. im gettin mine friday and then im gonna pandora the bitch woot.

ICE
September 11th, 2007, 02:42
ok guys any ideas for me? i tried to install applecore theme out of curiosity and it didnt work so i put my flash 0 backup back on my psp and it still wont work. ive replaced my whole flash and still nothing.

any ideas?

steve520
September 11th, 2007, 02:43
hmmm i guess wait for a pandora ice. that sucks

xg917
September 11th, 2007, 02:44
try another theme?

murgero1
September 11th, 2007, 02:45
This is cool, my fat psp's mem card slot brock and i am getting a new one. It might be slim, but till this gets big with 1.50 homebrew i am staying with fat psp.

ICE
September 11th, 2007, 02:45
try another theme?

lol the flash is way different. i just did it to see what would work.

murgero1
September 11th, 2007, 02:51
If some one could hack this to make 3.60 on the phat psp that would be cool. and do you know if sony stopped make FW for the phat psp? since the slim is out AND CFW support now the old psp is all most obsolete!!!!!

CaptainMorgan4
September 11th, 2007, 02:51
ICE sorry but I'm not jealous of your PSP, like you implied in your video a couple pages back. Doesn't look like you'll be running PSPTube for too long. I don't mean to make fun of you in a bad time but with saying "jealous?" in your video just had it comming for you. I don't know what you were watching in the background in that video though, why aren't you watching the game? Am I the only football fan here? Anyway I'm glad to see the Slim is on a custom firmware, I believe it'll be able to do 1.5 homebrew soon.

ps: Go Packers! (1-0)

steve520
September 11th, 2007, 02:56
im not jealous of ice's psp its bricked now lol. but i tnink me and ice came up with a good plan to unbrick it hes testing it now.

murgero1
September 11th, 2007, 02:58
till 1.50 kernal is implimented i will not use the FW or slim, but i will hack this to be compatible with phat psp! (hopefully) Does the slim have a new XMB and boot. (game and cold boot.)?????

sroon
September 11th, 2007, 02:59
I'm tired of sounding like a broken record, but can the "magic memory stick" be reformatted and reused as a regular memory stick afterwards?

All you do is just format your memcard then it should work fine:)
GOD BLESS BOOBZZZ
(O )( O);)

murgero1
September 11th, 2007, 02:59
unbrick it useing the pandora battery!!!!! just like installing the CFW!

murgero1
September 11th, 2007, 03:00
if that does not work uninstall the m33 FW then reinstall!

steve520
September 11th, 2007, 03:02
ice tried that he said no good he hasnt im'd me back to see how are plan turned out.

Napalm-Death
September 11th, 2007, 03:02
All you do is just format your memcard then it should work fine:)
GOD BLESS BOOBZZZ
(O )( O);)

Thank you, now I have to find out if my cousin can lend me his PSP.

ICE
September 11th, 2007, 03:10
if i had the 3.60 firmware in an eboot i could flash it with the recovery eboot.

also reflashing the fw doesnt help since this is basically just a patch.

techgt
September 11th, 2007, 03:10
damn , can't believe it can out this fast ... i need to call my aunt to let her get me a psp slim ...
what store in the boston / near that area has the slim or is it just an online order thing ?????

BelmontSlayer
September 11th, 2007, 03:17
what store in the boston / near that area has the slim or is it just an online order thing ?????

Most large retail stores have them in stock. Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart, Sears, Frys, Target, ect.

Napalm-Death
September 11th, 2007, 03:18
I'm pretty sure everywhere in the US is selling it by now.

urherenow
September 11th, 2007, 03:26
the memory stick doesn't matter. You don't have to reformat it. Just add stuff to it. If you need to make room, delete the files off of it. If you actually reformat it, you'll have to use the format thing for pandora again. Too much trouble for me to bother with 'cause I KNOW I'll be using pandora again...

and again, and again, and again... :P

steve520
September 11th, 2007, 03:29
yeah there selling them in the u.s. im going to wal-mart to get mine friday woot!

Napalm-Death
September 11th, 2007, 03:34
the memory stick doesn't matter. You don't have to reformat it. Just add stuff to it. If you need to make room, delete the files off of it. If you actually reformat it, you'll have to use the format thing for pandora again. Too much trouble for me to bother with 'cause I KNOW I'll be using pandora again...

and again, and again, and again... :P

The reason why I ask is because I'm not going to be using my own memory stick. >_>

sroon
September 11th, 2007, 04:32
HOLY FAT SUCULENT TITS!!! NESTERJ AND MORE WORKS ON PSP SLIM TOO:D:D:D
(Nes emulator) (Nintendo) It works on The psp slim:D
So...so far..
Daedalus(N64)
Nester(Nes)
EMUlator(nes,gb,turbografx)
(O )( O);)

SnesR0X
September 11th, 2007, 04:35
So...so far..
Daedalus(N64)
Nester(Nes)
(O )( O);)

That's good news.
Obsessed with tits eh? XD

mike_jmg
September 11th, 2007, 04:42
So...so far..
Daedalus(N64)
Nester(Nes)
(O )( O);)

Hey dude it should go like this (O );)( O) LOL

so no snes or gpsp for now?

BelmontSlayer
September 11th, 2007, 04:51
so no snes or gpsp for now?

You can use SNES_TYL, just not the ME version since it requires the 1.50 kernel.

darksoft
September 11th, 2007, 05:16
couldn't you just flash the dump (from before you installed 3.60M33?) I made sure I dumped mine. its like 66 mb.

Ok guys I made a compatibility thread for programs. Got about 20 tested so far. gpSP works, NES, and GB Rin:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=513201

John Vattic
September 11th, 2007, 05:27
Ok. After reading this thread I decided to run to Walmart and get one.

The main thing I wanted to test out is the homebrew tv output, however there were no video cables available.

If anyone has a video cable please post as to it's abillity to run homebrew output.

Until I read more positive testimonials it stays in the packaging.

darksoft
September 11th, 2007, 05:34
Yeah you can output to the tv with homebrew but it checks to see if you are in interlace mode and if so will not let you run tv out. You have to have progressive scan and component cable for it to work. It also doesn't seem to let you go into that mode while in game you have to do it from the XMB before entering the game. I have see it in NES running but I don't have an HDTV I just plugged the green wire of the component cable to the video (yellow jack and its messy but i can see that its working)

I'm testing them all out tomorrow at circuit city. I'm bringing in my psp.

One thing of note about the video output on hd is its centered pixel for pixel on the monitor so its significantly smaller than expected and doesnt feel as though you are playing on say an nes / ps1.

I'm hoping someone can make a plugin to allow fullscreen, or interlace mode able to run games.

jvabbdac
September 11th, 2007, 06:04
I will wait for US version come...Asia version sux ! lol !

John Vattic
September 11th, 2007, 06:27
I second that request for more video out control:D

But the simple fact that custom firmwares can be run on the slim is amazing. M33 are very impressive:D

Gotta get me the component cable I suppose.

urherenow
September 11th, 2007, 06:34
I will wait for US version come...Asia version sux ! lol !

uhhh... what? no difference at all unless you actually buy UMD movies (which suck) and US version has been around since at least last Friday.

Nocuddle
September 11th, 2007, 06:38
Counter attack from s0ny, they've just release 3.70 OFW.
Some 10 hours after M33. That is breaking record!

CaptainMorgan4
September 11th, 2007, 07:20
Yeah I just read about 3.70 seems like one of the features is being able to play music while looking at photos, but I think I misunderstood that part, I'll see when they post a thread about it here.

V3N0M
September 11th, 2007, 07:22
Now my question is.. Would it be possible for Sony to block this in the future? I'm asking this because I'm trying to hold out long enough for the White StarWars edition :p . Otherwise I'll probably just pick up a black one tomorrow.

CaptainMorgan4
September 11th, 2007, 07:25
I think since Sony just released this firmware it might not block the 3.60 issues because it was only hours after this release, hence 3.70 M33 for PSP Slim comming soon?

urherenow
September 11th, 2007, 07:27
funny... it's on the update link from vsh but not on the website yet (still 3.52 there).

AND... it won't run from 3.52 M33 in either 1.5 or 3.52 kernel mode

The game could not be started.
(DADADADA)

V3N0M
September 11th, 2007, 07:32
OMG they already released 3.70!?!? Well looks like I'm going to have to pick up a black one tomorrow because I can almost guarrentee that they will release the StarWars edition with 3.70 now..

urherenow
September 11th, 2007, 07:42
I wouldn't be worried about the Starwars one because there have to be a warehouse full of them already ready to ship out. It would cost too much time in wasted man-hours to go back and update all of them.

With the white one coming out in October, however... :/ Damn. I didn't want to pay for a kit with a game I already have (just want the console).

At any rate it's already been confirmed that pandora works with the new firmware for downgrading.

V3N0M
September 11th, 2007, 08:03
I wouldn't be worried about the Starwars one because there have to be a warehouse full of them already ready to ship out. It would cost too much time in wasted man-hours to go back and update all of them.

With the white one coming out in October, however... :/ Damn. I didn't want to pay for a kit with a game I already have (just want the console).

At any rate it's already been confirmed that pandora works with the new firmware for downgrading.

Hey thanks for the information! But I'll probably just go with the black since I don't want to pay extra for accessory crap I don't want. Its a shame you can't buy the special white edition as a core pack.. Not to mention I don't want to wait a friggen month to get homebrew running on my new PSP Slim! :p

Basil Zero
September 11th, 2007, 08:43
whoa, man i need to get my self a psp slim 0__0

urherenow
September 11th, 2007, 08:50
just to clarify, with the new firmware you can still use pandora to downgrade an old (phat) PSP, NOT A LIGHT AND SLIM. Well... not yet anyway. But with an eboot to play with now, I can see a full CFW and thus, a restore option, for the slim and light very shortly :D

hang in there ICE... or try to install the new one with the recovery menu? In case the recovery directory messes up the update process I would highly suggest putting a second copy of the update in PSP/GAME. Running an update from an emulated UMD using devhook is how I bricked my first PSP... long before Pandora

NoQuarter
September 11th, 2007, 09:45
awesome!!!
I'm going to pick up my slim today!
Go to the mesa for a month and look what happens :)

Cloudhunter
September 11th, 2007, 10:42
... WOW.

I'm impressed, glad that I was proven wrong :)

Cloudy

tvrstl
September 11th, 2007, 11:38
gonna miss the fat PSP's firmwares.

the rumours are they won't stop, but I don't trust Sony...

Napalm-Death
September 11th, 2007, 11:56
"I'd rather have my healthy fat hombrew PSP than a anorexic PSP, which is so ill that it even can't be downgraded."
lol Can't be downgraded, but it's still homebrewable now!

jaws365
September 11th, 2007, 13:11
Unless Remotejoy is updated soon, I´m gonna have to buy a slim now that it is hacked.

M33 rocks!!!

idan6767
September 11th, 2007, 14:28
cool but how can i get pandora's battery?

pichon
September 11th, 2007, 15:08
Updated and working, it's incredible they made it work so soon.

Backups and pops working fine, but no got no homebrew to work, hopefully we'll see slim versions of all the emus soon enough.

Fanjita
September 11th, 2007, 18:27
cool but how can i get pandora's battery?

darksoft
September 11th, 2007, 18:27
Hey man, lots of homebrews are working just fine!

Check out my homebrew compatibility thread:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=513534

lamentofking
September 11th, 2007, 23:34
i dunno bout elsewhere, but in california all of the used retail stores update 2 the latest firmwares by mandate of $onyoh sorry. i meant 3RD - PARTY stores that sell preowned stuff. eg. ebgames, gamestop

Safari Al
September 11th, 2007, 23:59
this is just amazing and still makes me laughed how sony has already gotten screwed over yet again :rofl:

hacksparrow
September 12th, 2007, 00:41

hey i asked you stupid questions on noobz, i dint get a reply ='(...a scorn woulda also made me happy

Zerogamer
September 12th, 2007, 01:56
IS there a different way of having CFW 3.60 without
pandora's battery?

xg917
September 12th, 2007, 02:23
IS there a different way of having CFW 3.60 without
pandora's battery?

not at the moment

evilteddybear
September 12th, 2007, 02:41
got my slim modded today, just need cps2psp updated from 1.5 kernel

MushiMushi
September 12th, 2007, 06:32
IR Shell 3.61 doesn't work on the psp slim M33 FW 3.6

Veskgar
September 12th, 2007, 08:16
YES!!

Picked up an ice-silver Daxter bundle today and just successfully converted it to 3.60 M33 CFW.

I am VERY happy and can't thank all of the coders who contributed enough.

Its a tease that a lot of homebrew/emulators don't yet work on the slim but hopefully this will bring renewed interest to a lot of emulators.

gpSP, Snes9xTYL, NesterJ, etc. etc.

Let the new era of PSP homebrew / emulation begin... :thumbup:

Kramer
September 12th, 2007, 09:43
YES!!
Got my Black slim today the core pack!!!! It's smaller than I expected it too be...

Cant wait to get some new homebrew that makes use of the bigger ram.

dirtygringo
September 12th, 2007, 12:12
"However once the memory stick installation is done, you can use it in whatever psp slim without
repeating the process again"

maybe Im stupid but does this mean that homebrew
would work on any non hacked psp slim with this
memory stick? Im new to all this :D

djpete
September 12th, 2007, 21:49
where can i get 3.4 and 3.5 firmware? seems the official sony updates are extinct!

Zerogamer
September 12th, 2007, 22:57
not at the moment

Do you think there will be? :rolleyes:

NoQuarter
September 12th, 2007, 23:29
djpete, google it those updates are still floating around.
Sorry to hear about your slim ICE, hope you get it fixed.
I just made my pandora and am about to try it on my slim,crosses fingers...

Zerogamer
September 12th, 2007, 23:33
djpete, google it those updates are still floating around.
Sorry to hear about your slim ICE, hope you get it fixed.
I just made my pandora and am about to try it on my slim,crosses fingers...

Good Luck:)

Johnny Rash
September 13th, 2007, 00:18
I've been saying it all along...the PSP Slim will be hacked. And BAM...here it is.

urherenow
September 13th, 2007, 08:41
IR Shell 3.61 doesn't work on the psp slim M33 FW 3.6

uhhhh.... ok I Assume that you're saying this because you HAVE a slim and have tried it yourself, right? Then if that's the case then you should have noticed that your slim..... (Wait for it)

Doesn't even have an IR port :rofl:

NoQuarter
September 13th, 2007, 08:54
lol,but we need a good file manipulation program.Besides IRSHELL has a ton of features that are not IR related.

evilteddybear
September 13th, 2007, 17:47
got my slim modded today, just need cps2psp updated from 1.5 kernel

found the 3.xx nj unofficial working update for slim

they are tested and working on mine

http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-cps2psp-cps1psp-ncdzpsp-mvspsp-for-fw3xx-and-psp-slim--120973.html

r-complex
September 14th, 2007, 00:08
What about the 'Tool' Battery from Datel? Will this work? It seems logical to me..

xg917
September 14th, 2007, 00:13
lol,but we need a good file manipulation program.Besides IRSHELL has a ton of features that are not IR related.

the only IR related feature in IRshell is the remote feature which i bet no one uses, lol

marker11
September 14th, 2007, 01:41
this is great but there is one problem i can figure out.

Insert the pandora battery and the memory stick in the psp slim

This has got to be simple, but its physically impossible to do that.

you create the Pandora battery on the fat psp because that’s the only one you can get to run 1.5 or OE/custom FW to run on. The battery in the fat psp does not fit in the slim psp.

If you try to put the slim psp battery in the fat psp, it “barely” fits but DON’T DO IT. I did that and destroyed the slim battery, just got back from returning it.

What am I missing?

jurkevicz
September 14th, 2007, 01:45
The PSP PHAT"s battery FITS in the SLIM. Just conect the top part first where the connectors are.

marker11
September 14th, 2007, 01:50
The PSP PHAT"s battery FITS in the SLIM. Just conect the top part first where the connectors are.

that makes you da man!
thx, i tried it the other way and failed >< going for round 2.

thanks again !!!!!

xg917
September 14th, 2007, 02:18
im going to quote myself

the only IR related feature in IRshell is the remote feature which i bet no one uses, lol

well apparently after i said that, i noticed i have no remote for my tv.. haha, im using my psp as a remote now :o

marker11
September 14th, 2007, 02:30
this is great, but i must still be missing something...

i cannot get pandora's battery firm installer to run...

anyone else run into this? it states "the game could not be started"...

im using 3.40OE, is that the problem?

marker11
September 14th, 2007, 02:43
this is great, but i must still be missing something...

i cannot get pandora's battery firm installer to run...

anyone else run into this? it states "the game could not be started"...

im using 3.40OE, is that the problem?

sry, i had the kernal set to 3.4(NOOB!), changed it to 1.5 and here we gogogogog

marker11
September 14th, 2007, 03:06
Owns Owns Owns Owns Owns!!!! got it working!! i'm no homebrew expert, and just about anyone can do this. FF7 is working great!!!!!! thx all!!!!!

/_[][]_\2.0
September 14th, 2007, 11:47
Call me dumb but i cant find 3.40 and 3.50 anywhere
Can some one pm me links?

neoyagami
September 14th, 2007, 13:22
Hi all, Just a few question about the install..

Will a 4gb Sony memory stick duo work with Pandora memory stick conversion tools. I've heard it shouldn't be over 4gb

Think i understand the rest of the pandora process.

Also where it says "Run the program. It will quickly extract some prx's overwrting some of the pandora memory stick."

are you talking about the pandora eboot.pbp from the menu in the psp (sorry im such a n00b)

Finally when youve finished do you have to convert the pandora battery back to a normal one to use the PSP?

any additional advice - should i have ac adaptors plugged in while this is going on etc.

thanks in advance!

marker11
September 14th, 2007, 15:02
Call me dumb but i cant find 3.40 and 3.50 anywhere
Can some one pm me links?

Hi all, Just a few question about the install..

Will a 4gb Sony memory stick duo work with Pandora memory stick conversion tools. I've heard it shouldn't be over 4gb

Think i understand the rest of the pandora process.

Also where it says "Run the program. It will quickly extract some prx's overwrting some of the pandora memory stick."

are you talking about the pandora eboot.pbp from the menu in the psp (sorry im such a n00b)

Finally when youve finished do you have to convert the pandora battery back to a normal one to use the PSP?

any additional advice - should i have ac adaptors plugged in while this is going on etc.

thanks in advance!

This guide REALLY dumbs it down ;) should answer both your questions.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=78542

Only thing is, the installer programs do not "have" to go in PSP/GAME150. if that does not work put them in PSP/GAME

neoyagami
September 14th, 2007, 15:31
Thanks! great guide btw answered alot of other questions and good advice about charging the battery!

gonna try this later

/_[][]_\2.0
September 14th, 2007, 18:38
This guide REALLY dumbs it down ;) should answer both your questions.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=78542

Only thing is, the installer programs do not "have" to go in PSP/GAME150. if that does not work put them in PSP/GAME

Thanks i was up till 5 in the morning looking for these files.

marker11
September 14th, 2007, 20:34

freyarip
September 15th, 2007, 03:38
Hi! Will this firmware work in a japanese psp slim?

lamentofking
September 15th, 2007, 14:36
Wheres the 3.60 downgrader?

jurkevicz
September 15th, 2007, 17:51
I hope they find a way to implement 1.50 kernell properly for the Slim in the near future.

bumfacekilla
September 15th, 2007, 20:03
Well I've installed 3.60 M33 on my slim now. It works like a charm, but I do have a question or two:

The first thing I did was back up my nand when using pandora, great but what can I do with that nand-dump.bin file and how?

Also I backed up my flash using the recovery menu and noticed that compared to my phat psp, there are 3 less folders in flash0 (there are no kd, kn or data folders on my slim). Do any clever peoples out there know why this is? I don't have the first clue and wondered if it was anything to worry about.:confused:

http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest/banners/cloud.jpg (http://www.ff-fan.com)
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You? (http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest)
Final Fantasy 7 (http://www.ff-fan.com/final-fantasy-7)

Broonale
September 15th, 2007, 21:51
Has anyone on CFW tried the component out cables?

Do they work properly?
Do they work with homebrew?

freyarip
September 15th, 2007, 22:04
Sorry guys for asking again but can anyone please tell me if this custom firmware works on all slim psp consoles even in japanese ones???

nikkinguyen
September 16th, 2007, 04:04
works like a charm.

hacksparrow
September 16th, 2007, 23:24
Wheres the 3.60 downgrader?in the meat isle of albertsdaughter supermarket

marker11
September 17th, 2007, 19:38
Sorry guys for asking again but can anyone please tell me if this custom firmware works on all slim psp consoles even in japanese ones???

i cant answer that, i assume you ordered the FF CC pack? I do know this, the psp are not region specific, only UMD movies are. so it should be the exact same hardware.

jurkevicz
September 18th, 2007, 05:20
is there an unbricker for the SLIM yet? I've bricked on 3.70 firmware, and pandora won't work.

xg917
September 19th, 2007, 00:02
is there an unbricker for the SLIM yet? I've bricked on 3.70 firmware, and pandora won't work.

no there isnt yet..

Link17
September 19th, 2007, 23:00
well it seems that your up #@!$'s creek without a pattle I'd just wait for a new homebrew

Napalm-Death
September 20th, 2007, 00:14

It is, I installed the cfw on my slim, and it's Japanese.

jupchinbom
September 20th, 2007, 23:44
How can I reverse the Pandora battery into a normal battery?

mikebeaver
September 21st, 2007, 15:51
plug your ac adaptor in to the psp, take the battery out.
Turn on psp, plug pandora battery in.
Run pandoara program and selct to make it a normal battery.
Job done :)

hacksparrow
September 21st, 2007, 22:45

pls divulge details on how 1 would brick on a machine that does not currently allow unsigned code?

PSPblue
October 10th, 2007, 01:49
am i supposed to download the file at the bottom?

I'm a PSP rookie

bing04777
October 10th, 2007, 03:31
I just got my PSP Slim downgraded with this 3.60 m33 firmware and as far as im concern it requires a umd game for it to run iso games on my Memory card is there no way around this?

Prospero
October 10th, 2007, 17:26
Really sorry to bump this thread but I have a problem.

I've created a Pandora memory stick (with M33 3.60 upgrade files on it) along with a Pandora battery. I know both work because I can see the menu of options coming up quite happily on my phat PSP when I put both of them in.

But if I put the Pandora stuff into a PSP Slim I'm trying to upgrade, it does not appear to boot at all from the MS (no LEDs come on except the green power light, automagically when I insert the battery). Yep, I know the LCD will stay black. But pressing X does nothing; like I say, no MS access LED activity at any point...

Booting the Slim PSP with a normal battery and it's fine, on Sony 3.60 firmware. But I want to upgrade it and somehow it won't let me :(

Posting this in the hope that someone may have had the same problem and can suggest a cure... thanks!

asaad7861
November 18th, 2007, 16:24
yo can you do it withouth pandora battery bruv?

asaad7861
November 18th, 2007, 16:28
yo can you do it withouth pandora battery bruv?:D:D:D:D:D:D:thumbup::thumbup:

ter42
February 17th, 2008, 17:01
Team M33 (http://pspx.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=513246) have released a new firmware that opens up the PSP Slim (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SONY_PSP_PSP_SONY_CONSOLE_SLIM____LITE_PIANO_BLACK __ASIAN_.html?aff_id=24) to the world of homebrew :), heres the full english details.

We are proud to present the first custom firmware for the PSP Slim, and the first custom firmware
that runs using a 3.XX IPL (3.60)

3.60 M33 for PSP Slim has all the features of 3.52 M33, except the 1.50 kernel support, as
that kernel doesn't work properly on psp slim (hardware problems, screen problems).
3.60 M33 will load homebrew from GAME, GAME150 and GAME360 directories, but all will be executed
with 3.60 kernel.

This mean that some homebrews done specifically for the 1.50 kernel cannot work on 3.60 M33.
However, the adaptation of code to 2.XX+ kernels is not difficult, and homebrew developers can
port their applications to work in these firmwares.

Included with the release is the M33 sdk for programmers.

Installation:

The installation is done using pandora battery and requires a fat psp with 1.50 or
custom firmware with 1.50 support to run a installer.
However once the memory stick installation is done, you can use it in whatever psp slim without
repeating the process again.

We want to thank C+D Team for having created Pandora and having opened the path to custom ipl's,
without which this cfw wouldn't exist.

Steps:

- Create a pandora battery and a pandora memory stick using the C+D team tools.
- Run the fat psp with the pandora memory stick inserted, but with a normal battery.
Copy the directories pandora_slim and pandora_slim% to PSP/GAME or PSP/GAME150.

- Download official sony firmwares 3.40 and 3.50, and put them in pandora_slim directory
with names 340.PBP and 350.PBP.

To avoid confusion: These firmwares are used ONLY to extend the memory stick pandora kernel.
NOTHING FROM THOSE FIRMWARES WILL EVER BE FLASHED ON THE SLIM.

- Run the program. It will quickly extract some prx's overwriting some of the pandora memory stick.

- Insert the pandora battery and the memory stick in the psp slim. It will boot. You won't see
anything on the screen, because that kernel doesn't support the slim screen, but it is OK, you
don't need a screen for the installation of 3.60 M33.

From here, you have 3 options:

- Press X to install M33. The process will last just few seconds, since the installer only
needs to install the M33 custom prx's and IPL. After the process is finished, the installer
will shutdown the psp automatically.

- Press L+R+triangle to uninstall M33 and go back to original 3.60. Note: this can't unbrick a
psp slim, it will just remove M33 ipl. There is currently no unbricker for the psp slim, but
we plan on doing one in the future.
After uninstallation, psp will be shutdown automatically.

- Press square to dump the PSP Slim nand. Watch out: you need 66 MB of free space in the
memory stick for this, otherwise your memory stick may end corrupted.

This option uses the team C+D nand dumper. When the memory stick orange led stops blinking,
the process will have finished, and you can either shutdown the psp, or use one of the two
previous options.

F.A.Q

Q: My homebrew doesn't work.
A: As stated above, not all homebrews work due to 1.50 kernel missing.
Wait for the programmer of that homebrew to port it to new kernels.

Q: How can i unbrick the PSP Slim?
A: If you have a semi-brick, you can restore it using recovery and flashing the corrupted files
with usb flash. There is no real unbricker for PSP Slim yet, but we plan of doing one in the
future using C+D Pandora Battery.

Q: Is M33 gonna make a 3.60 cfw for the fat psp's?
A: The firmware as it is flashed in the slim psp's is only for psp slims. Whenever sony releases
an updater, we'll support both, fat and slim psp's, but we are not gonna make a custom firmware
using 3.60 slim dump, because it is not done for the fat psp. Stop listening stupid rumors of kids:
we are 103% sure that Sony will continue releasing firmware updates for all psp's.

Moreover, the 3.60 firmware was done before 3.52: the pops, for example, is a clone of the one of 3.50/3.51
So it has nothing new for fat psp's.

Q: I liked the FW, what can I do to help M33?
A: You can contribute some money for all our members to get PSP Slims. Our paypal address is [email protected]

Download And Give Feedback Via Comments

How and Where can i get 3.80 downgrader for the slim? And the ver: for it?

blackout6969
December 14th, 2009, 20:12
Whenever looking for tutorials guides or general info regarding PSP,firmware, or general troubleshooting this site always ops up with some very useful information and downloads so I registered and would like to thank this whole community and website for hosting goods such as this
-Blackout