PDA

View Full Version : Holux M-1000 (Works Great!)

Zomie
September 11th, 2007, 02:58
Anyone interested in the m-1000 I'd highly recommend it! I used my own custom made cable without the 1k resistor, and not a single problem. Locks in a matter of a few seconds, infact enough time to pull up MapThis.

Baud Rate 38401

Keep up the good work Deniska, and in7ane!!!

mr7
September 11th, 2007, 03:06
I Feel Good! A NEW VERSION : HOLUX M1000B (5Hz)

mr7
September 11th, 2007, 03:27

PDG
September 11th, 2007, 10:13
I have a Holux M1000 too and its great ;)

http://www.vampire.se/misc/psp/misc/HoluxCable/0005.jpg

I discovered that the unit uses the same batteries that newer Nokia phones uses :thumbup:
The Nokia BL-5B battery works fine :D

http://www.vampire.se/misc/psp/Misc/HoluxCable/0007.jpg
http://www.vampire.se/misc/psp/Misc/HoluxCable/0008.jpghttp://www.vampire.se/misc/psp/Misc/HoluxCable/0009.jpg

I added some more info on my webpage i set up just for some project work at www.pspfaq.tk

Codaz
September 12th, 2007, 13:17
Great find about that Nokia batteries !

PDG
September 12th, 2007, 13:48
Read find about that Nokia batteries !

Huuh :)
Did you spell something like Great wrong ;)

Well i know im a Freak *Lol*
And i had a spare battery for an old nokia just laying around, better to drain it than the original ones :)

Spike23qq
September 15th, 2007, 21:45
Maybe i should og got the holux?
lol ..my reception on my psp 290 is bad..

CyCLoBoT
September 17th, 2007, 00:11
I am thinking about getting this Holux M1000 GPS receiver. Now where can I buy the cable that would allow me to hook it up to the PSP? I have seen few sites where it shows you how to make one but I am not too comfortable doing it.

PDG
September 17th, 2007, 07:42
I am thinking about getting this Holux M1000 GPS receiver. Now where can I buy the cable that would allow me to hook it up to the PSP? I have seen few sites where it shows you how to make one but I am not too comfortable doing it.

GHPSP - Holux GPSlim 236/240 cable for PSP - Code:GHPSP $ 16.50
Klick There ---> http://pc-mobile.net/pspgps.htm

I got me some more cables at the same time i got a Holux Cable, i added the Extentioncable for the PSP-290 units and PSP-300X Cameras and its a lifesaver ;)

AlbertoZ
September 17th, 2007, 14:45
Hi,

the same cable for GPSSlim
236/240 works out of the box with
Holux M1000 ? Same interface?

Thanks,

Alberto

PDG
September 17th, 2007, 16:15
Hi,

the same cable for GPSSlim
236/240 works out of the box with
Holux M1000 ? Same interface?

Thanks,

Alberto

Yupp, you can use the same cable or a Custom made.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72462

When you take it out of the box it usually takes more time to lock on but afterwards it stores some GPS sat info and locks on in about 0.34 sec :)

AlbertoZ
September 17th, 2007, 17:36
Yupp, you can use the same cable or a Custom made.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72462

When you take it out of the box it usually takes more time to lock on but afterwards it stores some GPS sat info and locks on in about 0.34 sec :)

Thanks. Now I can go buying my Holux M1000 :thumbup:

Alberto

AlbertoZ
September 18th, 2007, 20:17
Hello,

Got the Holux M-1000. :cool:
Now waiting for the cable.

Does someone have an idea of the
battery duration for this receiver?
I mean, I'm start thinking about the
"cable mess" shown in the pictures
by PDG ;-)
Joking...

Alberto

PDG
September 19th, 2007, 10:17
Hello,

Got the Holux M-1000. :cool:
Now waiting for the cable.

Does someone have an idea of the
battery duration for this receiver?
I mean, I'm start thinking about the
"cable mess" shown in the pictures
by PDG ;-)
Joking...

Alberto

ITS A PROTOTYPE :) That means it can be messy :rofl:

No i actually got it real nice now ;) I added Sound output too :thumbup:

The original batteries should last for up to 17 hours, and they can be exchanged with a Nokia Cellphone type battery if you dont want to wait forever and need a extra battery kinda fast. :)

My Nokia battery i have for my m1000 holux lasts about 20 hours or so.

But my cable rocks, whenever the GPS recever or my PSP runs low on batteries i just hook it up to a USB to carcigarette adaptor and Presto "Both units charging and providing with GPS info all the time" :thumbup:

AlbertoZ
September 19th, 2007, 15:22
>But my cable rocks, whenever the GPS recever or my >PSP runs low on batteries i just hook it up to a USB to >carcigarette adaptor and Presto "Both units charging >and providing with GPS info all the time

PDG, I'll go for one of your cables when you start selling them .. :-)

Alberto

CyCLoBoT
September 19th, 2007, 15:36
PDG, I'll go for one of your cables when you start selling them .. :-)
Alberto

That would be a great idea. I would buy one in a second.

PDG
September 19th, 2007, 15:57
That would be a great idea. I would be one in a second.

Nice to hear but i cant beat 16$ + shipping, im way to expencive when i work as a consultant, i charge over 70$ per hour *lol*

Its tempting so i can buy a Slim and help Deniska with MapThis and a new Display for the PSP i dropped on the bus but i dont have the time.

Im putting up the scematics right now when i have some time over.

At the mean time just take a peek here:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=518778&postcount=13

More info will be posted when i have more time ;)

CyCLoBoT
September 29th, 2007, 07:12
Just received my Holux M1000 and the cable. I am extremely pleased with the results. It takes around 20 seconds to lock on satellites. I was using PSP-290 before and usually it would take over 15 minutes to lock and sometimes it didn't lock at all. So I also highly recommend Holux M1000 as well.

AlbertoZ
October 10th, 2007, 12:49
Just received my Holux M1000 and the cable. I am extremely pleased with the results. It takes around 20 seconds to lock on satellites. I was using PSP-290 before and usually it would take over 15 minutes to lock and sometimes it didn't lock at all. So I also highly recommend Holux M1000 as well.

Same for me! :) Got the cable yesterday (after two weeks and a half, ahem.. :confused: ). Plugged into the PSP, turned on the Holux M1000, few seconds
(~20) and got the first position fix.

Got also the PSP car-mount, so I'm exploring the capabilities of MapThis!... :D

Next steps:

1) thinking at the cable to recharge both M1000 and PSP
2) cut the tip of the headphones jack

Thanks Deniska, In7ane, PDG and all other for this
great app!

Alberto

PDG
October 10th, 2007, 17:13
Same for me! :) Got the cable yesterday (after two weeks and a half, ahem.. :confused: ). Plugged into the PSP, turned on the Holux M1000, few seconds
(~20) and got the first position fix.

Got also the PSP car-mount, so I'm exploring the capabilities of MapThis!... :D

Next steps:

1) thinking at the cable to recharge both M1000 and PSP
2) cut the tip of the headphones jack

Thanks Deniska, In7ane, PDG and all other for this
great app!

Alberto

WARNING!
If you have a Ta-082 Mobo dont cut your Tip off ;)
The cable is useless on a Ta mobo PSP with a tip that is cut off.

CyCLoBoT
October 10th, 2007, 17:54
I want to buy the car mount now. Which one is the best to get? I just want to know what you guys are using.

AlbertoZ
October 11th, 2007, 07:51
I've a funny story here! Two weeks ago I went to Fort Worth, Texas, USA, sure to find the car mount for the PSP. I live in Italy so I was pretty sure I could have been able to find it there. No way! The usual answer was like "never heard about it!" in electronic and gaming shops... so, sadly, I came back to my town in Italy. I went to the shopping center and found it there, in front of my nose... :-). Anyway there are a lot of the in internet (google for psp car mount), I just got one from

www.atomic-accessories.com/

for 9.90 euros. It's a clip for the windshield, solid enough.

Bye

Alberto

vblanche
October 19th, 2007, 21:06
where do you guys buy the M-1000?

wpuig02
October 20th, 2007, 00:29
i bought a m1200 idk if it works with mapthis can anyone confirm this i still havent recieved it so thats why idk if it works or not

AlbertoZ
October 20th, 2007, 14:00
In Italy I found it in a well furnished electronic shop (near Milan)..
Anyway I think that you can find it in any e-commerce shops (e-bay etc.) ..

cheers,

Alberto

pcman20
November 5th, 2007, 18:36
bought one off Ebay, decent price, retail package....love it. using it with a cable from moby.cn. I only wish I can connect it to my pc with a standard mini-usb cable...you need to a Holux cable instead. I'm also having trouble connecting it via Bluetooth to Windows. Anyone else having a tough time?

PDG
November 6th, 2007, 09:16
bought one off Ebay, decent price, retail package....love it. using it with a cable from moby.cn. I only wish I can connect it to my pc with a standard mini-usb cable...you need to a Holux cable instead. I'm also having trouble connecting it via Bluetooth to Windows. Anyone else having a tough time?

I Got mine for Free from Hansi at www.psxcare.com just because he is an old friend and former boss :)
He wanted to help out ant thats the story :thumbup:

Yeah it sucks that you cant hook up a Holux with an ordinary USB cable to your PC, any one that knows how to make a D.I.Y cable for this perhaps :D
Havent tried to connect it via Bluetooth though.

RURE
April 30th, 2008, 00:42
Hello, I am newbie in the forum and have a problem with my Holux M1000. I have the psp slim with CF 3.90 M-33 and two gps
receivers, the holux m1000 and gps290 of sony, the holux works much better and catches more satellites, but the map But the map does not position in the sense of the march, like with gps290, someone knows which is the motive.
Thank you very much.
EXCUSE ME FOR THE POOR ENGLISH ( IT BELONGS TO TRANSLATOR)

RURE

deniska
April 30th, 2008, 17:52
can you post some NMEA sentenses from your holux receiver? it may be defective..or it could be something else..

Try checking your holux with some other mapping application (perhaps for pc)

RURE
May 1st, 2008, 00:53
Thank you deniska for answering and for this great program. (It is a shame that in Spain Geodata is not free).
Well, the problem are in the configuration of the parameters:
SPEEDFACTOR , TURNDPEED and CPU SPEED.
Which would be the correct values, I cannot make it work fine.
Thanks again.

RURE

reppy
May 5th, 2008, 06:14
Wow, another device that uses nokia batteries.... I have an MP3 player that uses the same sort of battery.... I was surprised to see a GPS using the same sort too

pity I just bought the PSP-290.... otherwise i probably would have considered this.

kohht
May 5th, 2008, 16:49
anyone know where to get m-1000 in singapore?
i try to look around ,but i cant find.

psp-290 is too slow to get fix even went i was on open area and easly get dc.. =.-"""

if anyone know where to get M-1000 in SG,tell me or email me.

thx

Rion.(kohht)

Kupo24z
May 20th, 2008, 09:54
http://www.semsons.com/homblgpsreyc.html

Is that a good price for one? 45$

deniska
May 23rd, 2008, 06:18
http://www.semsons.com/homblgpsreyc.html

Is that a good price for one? 45$
probably...

why not get M-1200? it's smaller :-)

Kupo24z
May 23rd, 2008, 10:30
Size isnt really a concern for me, i just need the best reception i can get. is the M-1200 better for getting sats and locks?

korn7ryan
July 1st, 2008, 15:12
Dear all, do I need a cable in order for my PSP to work with my Holux M1000?

stephen543123
July 18th, 2008, 22:00
could any of you help me out with my holux m1000 gps i just got plz?once i go in gps info it says"GPS STATE: OFF"and it don't find any satelites.i use "map this" on my psp slim.
would be great if someone could help me asap thx steve

stephen543123
July 19th, 2008, 01:20
could you help me out with my holux m1000 gps i just got plz?once i go in gps info it says"GPS STATE: OFF"and it don't find any satelites.i use "map this" on my psp slim.
it would be nice to get this running today or tomorrow
have any suggestions?
could you tell me the settings in config plz?
thxs steve

kaitandev
July 23rd, 2008, 09:39
i bought a m1200 idk if it works with mapthis can anyone confirm this i still havent recieved it so thats why idk if it works or not
works.great :thumbup: