PDA

View Full Version : Official PSP System Software Update 3.70 out now.

-Xandu-
September 11th, 2007, 12:55
PSP system software for both Slim and Phat versions as of September 11, 2007, here's the changelog:

-You can now set custom themes in [Theme Settings] under [Settings]
-Support has been added for assigning buttons in [Remote Play]
-A scene search feature has been added under [Video]
-Sequential playback is now supported under [Video]
-Simultaneous playback of content under [Music] and [Photo] is now supported

tgm123
September 11th, 2007, 12:59
What? No Security Updates? LOL

Looking forward to 3.70 M33 Slim......

Panini
September 11th, 2007, 13:07
WTF? Mods - How did this get frontpage news when Belmontslayer submited this same news over half a day earlier at 7.40am this morning?? lol

Anyway i wonder how long this will take till its hacked? lol

pt9087
September 11th, 2007, 13:47
"You can now set custom themes in [Theme Settings] under [Settings]"

Sounds Good!

Mr. Shizzy
September 11th, 2007, 14:00
"You can now set custom themes in [Theme Settings] under [Settings]"

Sounds Good!

Exactly what do they let you "customize"?

I highly doubt, it is as customizable as M33 (icons, click sounds ect...)

That would be tits, if they opened their Playstation Media Format (.pmf - gameboot) for everyone to make there own gameboots (legally, that is)

But somehow, I doubt that...

JLsoft
September 11th, 2007, 14:01
What? No Security Updates? LOL

...Probably since there weren't any public holes/exploits for firmware 3.52

[EDIT: Damned tags]

mikebeaver
September 11th, 2007, 14:18
Just incase anyone was wondering Pandora battery DOES work with this on PSP Phat :)

jammet
September 11th, 2007, 14:31
There is only 1 item in the theme selector. The default theme. How does one make a theme of their own? Where do we put them? Where can we download more?

Broonale
September 11th, 2007, 14:39
Exellent!

CFW fodder!

Axelius
September 11th, 2007, 14:42
There is only 1 item in the theme selector. The default theme. How does one make a theme of their own? Where do we put them? Where can we download more?
I think they can be downloaded from the sony homepage some day...

mikebeaver
September 11th, 2007, 14:45
I think they can be downloaded from the sony homepage some day...

Yeah there are a couple up on the Japanese PSP site located Here (http://www.jp.playstation.com/psp/update/ud_01_exp370.html).
Dont ask what the page says I cant read it, but the theme's work really easily.

Mike..

tgm123
September 11th, 2007, 14:50
custom themes, iso loader, 333mhz clock speed,

it seems that sony is just copying what the custom firmware has been doing for ages...

jurkevicz
September 11th, 2007, 14:56
I think SONY is running out of new ideas for the PSP.

jammet
September 11th, 2007, 15:06
Thanks for the info on the download location for the themes. They're great looking, true, but I wish I could simply compile one of my very own. I won't be surprised if Sony won't offer that possibility. Not the first time that user creativity is shockingly neglected.

kjetil1991
September 11th, 2007, 15:09
3.70m33 soon? very nice

4everAnoob
September 11th, 2007, 15:19
:eek: WOW!:eek:
sony finally put some effort in creating a good firmware...

blackrave
September 11th, 2007, 15:26
Thanks for the link, mikebeaver!
Here are two screenshots from the website showing what the custom themes can look like:
http://www.jp.playstation.com/psp/update/img_ud/v370_01.jpg
http://www.jp.playstation.com/psp/update/img_ud/v370_03.jpg
http://www.jp.playstation.com/psp/update/img_ud/v370_04.jpg

And the new feature in video playing, I think:
http://www.jp.playstation.com/psp/update/img_ud/v370_02.jpg

Let's hope for a custom firmware out of this. I wonder if it decrypts with the newest decrypter. Maybe I'll try, and report how it goes. Not bad update for a Sony update, though there are still too many things they could add and improve.

tgm123
September 11th, 2007, 15:32
sony should just give up and have m33 as their official firmware pmsl

Anonymous D
September 11th, 2007, 15:41
themes....now where have i seen that?

mnuhaily22
September 11th, 2007, 15:45
Well, for once i'm actually looking forward to some of the features, can't wait for M33 to do their thang:p...

Sonicboy 101
September 11th, 2007, 15:50
This is gonna be hacked soon no doubt.

Axelius
September 11th, 2007, 16:31
well, with sony's custom themes I might consider upgrading my 3.40OE to 3.70-M33 when it comes out

blackrave
September 11th, 2007, 16:41
The 3.30 decrypter (which worked on 3.52, I think) crashes when loading this update, so a new one will have to be developed in order to make anything from it.

This worries PSPdemon and me, though:
The item where at this idea contest has been attached is applied to just the PSP-2000 series.

It seems custom themes are only for the PSP-2000? If it is, that is bulletproof proof that Sony is starting to let original PSP owners bite the dust. They want us to buy a new, Slim one to get all the "awesome" features and for the coolness. Sony can eat my dust.

mike_jmg
September 11th, 2007, 16:51
Axelius: You are still on 3.40-OE
Haven't you realized that M33 is great already

On topic

So where do you put the themes, they have custom topmenus (even if they only change colors) so at some point the ones we have should work,

But I don't see waves (maybe is too much to ask LOL)

I think they're only the icons and maybe the 01-12.bmp image wich are customizable (it is still great)

The other features are amazing (but should have been there since the begining)

# A scene search feature has been added under [Video].

#Sequential playback is now supported under [Video].

# Simultaneous playback of content under [Music] and [Photo] is now supported.

Does this mean I can now watch pictures while listening to music, Hope I'm right with this one

At last sony does something useful, my god I'm thinking about updating to official firmware just to see this things (maybe not, cause I don't have a pandora battery, but soon)

mike_jmg
September 11th, 2007, 17:03
Damn, the themes are single files in some ".ptf" format, hope someone skilled enough could work around this, Team M33 I know it's too much to ask since the 3.60 M33 release for the slim was yesterday, but I hope you're working on this, Thanx in advance

mikebeaver
September 11th, 2007, 17:09
This worries PSPdemon and me, though:
The item where at this idea contest has been attached is applied to just the PSP-2000 series.

It seems custom themes are only for the PSP-2000? If it is, that is bulletproof proof that Sony is starting to let original PSP owners bite the dust. They want us to buy a new, Slim one to get all the "awesome" features and for the coolness. Sony can eat my dust.
Dont worry, they work fine, I updated one of my PSP's and tried it out earlier, theme's work great and pandora can restore back to 1.50 :)

Damn, the themes are single files in some ".ptf" format, hope someone skilled enough could work around this, Team M33 I know it's too much to ask since the 3.60 M33 release for the slim was yesterday, but I hope you're working on this, Thanx in advance

I gave Darkstone (from irc.malloc.us #wtf ) a dump of my 3.70 nand earlier and he is looking into the .ptf formats, hopefully he may find something that will allow us to create our own to run on this or any future custom versions of this firmware.

Mike..

blackrave
September 11th, 2007, 17:14
Thanks for all the information, mikebeaver! I, personally, can't be bothered to install this firmware for now with so few new, important features, but I'm looking forward to see what is made out of it. :)

mike_jmg
September 11th, 2007, 17:21
thanks on the info mikebeaver

cal360
September 11th, 2007, 17:30
Well Sony is still taking ideas from PSP homebrew and hacking scenes. I think they're trying to make Their firmware seem better, but they've done something we take advantage of now we could use this for applying our own custom themes in a safer way once this has been hacked.

Mister Klownes
September 11th, 2007, 17:37
these sound like some fun updates, and the lack of "security updates" sounds promising

penileartery
September 11th, 2007, 17:56
wow, ima upgrade to this, then ima downgrade back! with pandora's battery wooot

well, ima see if this is worth keeping when 3.70 M33 comes out, im sure it will!

DarthPaul
September 11th, 2007, 19:09
Damn,this is also for Phat PSP's? Glad to see that WE are not being left behind! :)
But,if this custom firmware is coming for Phat PSPs,and it's 3.70,and 3.60 has the output video thing,and all the other features,it means that we'll have them on 3.70 too,right? I freaking hope so! Sony must find a way to do that on PSP Phats!

urherenow
September 11th, 2007, 19:58
nope. video, charging with usb cable, and a couple of other things will never work on a PHAT for the same reason the 1.5 kernel won't behave correctly... different hardware.

blackrave
September 11th, 2007, 20:05
Charging with USB cable is actually possible with all firmwares. All you need is a cable designed for it, which a friend of mine does. Are you sure charging through USB doesn't work on an original PSP?

bah
September 11th, 2007, 20:17
Charging with USB cable is actually possible with all firmwares. All you need is a cable designed for it, which a friend of mine does. Are you sure charging through USB doesn't work on an original PSP?

The original needs a special cable that redirects the power supplied by the USB host to the dc-in, the slim has internal connections to allow it to charge the battery with just the standard USB-A to micro USB cable.

Either way it will be slower than a regular AC charger due to the USB max of 500mA vs the AC charger's 2000mA (both at 5v).

Squidman
September 11th, 2007, 20:40
sweet, it's on the phat too, that means that both the slim and the phat can have 3.70M33 when it comes out :p

and someone said something about it loads with Pandora...so does that mean that we can load it off the memstick thru pandora like 1.50?

also the themes in ".ptf" files? that could open doors, like having a fully hacked theme [maybe like AppleCor] in a .ptf file and selecting it on the PSP :D

gamefreak199101
September 11th, 2007, 21:12
hey can i use pandora to downgrade my psp back to 1.5

blackrave
September 11th, 2007, 21:21
hey can i use pandora to downgrade my psp back to 1.5

Sure. :)

gamefreak199101
September 11th, 2007, 21:24
ok great to noe

Squidman
September 11th, 2007, 21:49
i remember reading the ability to load 1.50 off of a memstick thru pandora, is the same possible with 3.70? or would that require a dump of the firmware?

ICE
September 11th, 2007, 21:52
1.5 cant run on slim.

Safari Al
September 11th, 2007, 22:06
m33 will be heros to us once they've made this new cf

Squidman
September 11th, 2007, 22:14
1.5 cant run on slim.

i wasn't talking about the slim man.....

i was talkn' about the PSP phat...that i own, and i remember someone had 1.50 running thru pandora, is it possible with 3.70 aswell? [running 3.70 through pandora? not 1.50 on a slim 3.70]

-Xandu-
September 11th, 2007, 22:40
Well Sony is still taking ideas from PSP homebrew and hacking scenes. I think they're trying to make Their firmware seem better, but they've done something we take advantage of now we could use this for applying our own custom themes in a safer way once this has been hacked.
Exactly, most of the Firmware features and ideas where available with homebrew first.

RSS - PSP Radio
Internet browsing - That Fired Up browser hack back then, but they'd be doing one anyway.
PSP Backgrounds - Were done illegally by flashing a bmp to replace your 01-12.bmp thing.
PSOne emulator - Definitely homebrew.
PSP Slim TV Out - Remote Joy
3.70 Themes - Flashing themes

steve520
September 11th, 2007, 23:18
bah sony will never stop hackers anyways go hackerz woot!!!

lamentofking
September 11th, 2007, 23:25
Whats the point in this fw? The psp slim just came out and they already have firmware 3.70? When does this come pre-installed on the psp slims?

steve520
September 11th, 2007, 23:28
wow i wonder if there going to abandon the other psp u know and yeah really it came with a firmware so fast those losers just tryin to get ahead of everyone.

EDIT: YAY 520 POSTS

hydrogenoptic
September 12th, 2007, 14:13
This cookie may seem like one out of the jar to steal but its not.
Sony is using persuasiveness and making themselves look innocent for people to install this firmware into psp's also when the firmware is installed some other firmware with ALL the features of a CFW would be produced which is undowngradable.
I BET OYU RIGHT NOW SONY ARE MAKING A FIRMWARE THAT IS HARD TO DOWNGRADE/BRICK.
THEY RELEASED THIS FIRMWARE FOR PEOPLE TO BE SATISFIED WITH SO THAT SONY CAN RELEASE THE BIG ONE!
(Just to let you know i dont have any evidence but its true)
I rest my case:thumbup:

DPyro
September 12th, 2007, 14:43
Uh, hydrogenoptic your forgetting something called Pandora's battery

-=me=-
September 12th, 2007, 21:21
The music in the photo menu might be cool too, it's not just about the "new" menus. lol

nicks
September 13th, 2007, 14:16
does any1 know if they will be anime themes as well . . . or are they already some

-Xandu-
September 13th, 2007, 14:54
does any1 know if they will be anime themes as well . . . or are they already some
You can do your own themes already.

CaptainMorgan4
September 13th, 2007, 18:33
I swear Sony like Homebrew, I think they just try to make cool things for they're firmwares and just leave security relatively easy to break so they can boost sales. They would never admit it for legal reasons but I swear they probably like seeing us make all these programs and apps.

ps. 2 Days till the one month anniversary of StrmnNrmn's last blog post, WHERE IS HE, I just hate being left on a cliffhanger!

kjetil1991
September 15th, 2007, 21:45
ooooohh yeah sony i want to upgrade and get your basic and bad themes for no homebrew -_- give us what we want then maybe we would used your firmware but thats to late m33 4 ever

nikkinguyen
September 16th, 2007, 04:07
yeah, but there is a 3.71 out as well. I am pretty sure that this version isn't so hackable. It came out right after 3.70 and the release of the 3.60 M33.