PDA

View Full Version : PSP: Booster releases PSP normal boot loader for Pandora's battery

blackrave
September 11th, 2007, 20:12
Via Mathieulh

The legendary Booster has released a PC application for booting the PSP normally even with a Pandora battery inserted. Here is the readme:

--------------------
What is it?

This is IPL code to boot PSP normally with pandora's battery.
Because the code is small, it doesn't need mspformat with most case.

This code send a reset request to the SYSCON.
Then, the PSP does Normal reboot by the SYSCON.

You doesn't need to restore battery serial code to normal operation.
Keep your pandora's battery!

--------------------
How to install

1.Double click "install.cmd" in Windows XP/2K(Administrator).
2.Connect MsProDuo to PC via USB.
It is possible to use PSP USB Connection,or any USB MsProDuo Reader.
3.press 'Y' key to "Are You Sure ?[Y]" message.
4.Disconnect MsProDuo after few seconds.

Or,
Write the ipl_ms.bin to absolute sectors 0x10-0x17 of MsProDuo.

--------------------
next

The multi_boot_loader which does boot any IPL by buttons select comes soon.

Download and comment.

Sonicboy 101
September 11th, 2007, 20:20
This is another piece of great news.
Thanks for posting this Blackrave.

ab88
September 11th, 2007, 20:27
The upcoming one seems to be the thing some of us were looking for. Too bad it will require the memcard to be inserted to boot :p

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 11th, 2007, 20:59
BOOSTER!!!!!! I missed you alot, glad to see you back!!! thx!

Squidman
September 11th, 2007, 21:29
so this means that we can load normal PSP functions and still have a working Pandora battery just in the event of a brick?

also, is it possible to load 3.70 through Pandora?

cal360
September 11th, 2007, 21:33
Booster is alive I haven't seen him since devhook :D.

Safari Al
September 11th, 2007, 21:41
so wait, if you're not bricked you can use a pandora battery like a regualar one until you brick, then you can use it as a pandora?

NoQuarter
September 11th, 2007, 21:51
tis is great,I just got my psp slime about a half hour ago.I also have a psp to unbrick.Talk about three birds with one stone.
Thanks booster :P

Nicko01
September 11th, 2007, 22:04
Sleep mode doesn't work if you use this though, if you didn't know, the only downside really...

devdj
September 11th, 2007, 22:08
this is cool now i don't need to buy another battery just a new memory card and a psp slim when it arrives in ireland.

Gene
September 11th, 2007, 23:16
Sleep mode doesn't work if you use this though, if you didn't know, the only downside really...

what kind of sleep mode. auto 5 min sleep? Or when you turn it off, sleep mode?

Safari Al
September 12th, 2007, 00:02
i think he means turn it off sleep mode.

Gene
September 12th, 2007, 01:11
i think he means turn it off sleep mode.

Oh, thanks.

Yeah that is a pretty terrible downside. no offense to Booster. This is a great way to be able to use the Pandora battery, even though no matter what i do, my battery won't change to service mode. It just keeps on booting normally. It's a piece of junk official Sony battery, in my opinion(the one that came with the psp).

Basil Zero
September 12th, 2007, 02:11
lol

now i'm confident to get a extra battery and use my old one as the pandora battery

wootness, heck may even get a psp slim soon :p

Broadus
September 12th, 2007, 02:13
Neato! Nice job, mang.

DPyro
September 12th, 2007, 02:17
Oh, thanks.

Yeah that is a pretty terrible downside. no offense to Booster. This is a great way to be able to use the Pandora battery, even though no matter what i do, my battery won't change to service mode. It just keeps on booting normally. It's a piece of junk official Sony battery, in my opinion(the one that came with the psp).

Same thing happened with me. I bought a spare battery for $10 and can't change it to service mode. Can only use the old launch battery that came with my PSP.

**1_Man_Matrix**
September 12th, 2007, 06:02
Hey, I have a question...

I have:
1 Phat PSP - 3.52 M33
1 Slim PSP - 3.60 Official
No spare battery

Is it possible to put 3.60 M33 on my slim with only the 1 phat battery? I've read somewhere about leaving it connected to an AC adapter, but I'm new to the whole pandora battery techno, and thought I'd ask.

Unless ofcourse it's already been answered a dozen times :P Thanks

ian h
September 12th, 2007, 12:08
to have this normal boot loader for my battery do i need to convert it to a pandora battery first?

doclane
September 12th, 2007, 22:56
after you do this, will it autoboot into your fw when the battery is installed?

**1_Man_Matrix**
September 13th, 2007, 00:56
Nevermind, I've answered my own question.

It is completey possible to put M33 3.60 on your Slim with only 1 Phat battery, just leave both PSP's plugged into AC adapters through the entire process, then turn your pandora battery back into a normal one with the phat PSP.

Can't wait for 1.50 kernel support, Doom Co-op here I come :D

IllestFlip2414
September 23rd, 2007, 17:11
When using a Pandora's battery with Booster's normal boot loader, you can restore from sleep mode by holding the left trigger while turning it on. Note that for this to work nothing else must be set to boot this way.

IEatGlue
June 15th, 2008, 02:59
no you can't, i've never got that to work, the holding down left trigger i mean.