PDA

View Full Version : Animanatee

wraggster
September 12th, 2007, 00:21
News/release from DekuTree64 (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=14116&sid=69dd63c4363c178cdd591fe647511e3b)

Yet another little art program for DS.

The controls are explained in the program, but here are the basic features:
- 2 layers ("BG" and "frame"). BG gets copied over when you create a new frame, so you can have a persistent background, or modify it as you go.
- 60 color palette, which can all be modified.
- Up to 10000 frames, or until memory runs out.
- Undo/redo. Up to 32 levels, or until it fills its 128KB buffer.
- Onion skinning (sort of, only shows one previous frame).

Things I'd like to add:
- Larger brush sizes.
- "Virtual" frames (let you go past the end of the animation, and then if you draw, automatically create new frames up to that point), so you don't have to go click that "add frame" button all the time.
- Better onion skinning.
- Better save system. At the very least, thumbnails or something.
- Some way to share animations.
- Offsetting (like to scroll the background a few pixels per frame).
- Less stylus jumping.
- A Mario Paint style music sequencer.

Feel free to add to the list, or to vote for which of the ones on there that you'd like to see first.

Cheers!

EDIT: Oh, and I should mention that you do need to unzip that empty folder onto the root of your card, or it won't be able to save. Can libfat create new folders? If so, I could add some checks to do that if it doesn't already exist.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

jay001
September 12th, 2007, 19:06
im pretty sure this has only one pen size, but apart from that is very well made. nice job.

doesnt save on my supercard lite micro sd, just freezes.

pas
September 12th, 2007, 20:28
yeah, it is much easier to use than flickbook, if he implements a exporter, different brush size & a Eraser, a way to see what slots are already full, this will rock.