PDA

View Full Version : NCsoft Ponders Bringing Games to PSP

wraggster
September 12th, 2007, 01:25
via wired (http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/09/nc-soft-ponders.html)

Few details have been forthcoming since NCsoft announced its plans to bring its games to the PS3, so in a recent post at PlayNC's Dev Corner, Robert Garriott offered to fill in a few of the blanks. Very few, as it turned out.

He did say that NCsoft's relationship with Sony allows the company to develop games across all of Sony's hardware platforms, including "perhaps the PSP." He wouldn't expand on what projects they'll be bringing to the PS3, other than to say:

One thing is certain, however. We won’t just be porting our games over to the PS3. We want to make new products using our current, popular Intellectual Properties (IPs) that will take advantage of the console, specifically in terms of user interface, connectivity, and play styles. This tends to take a lot longer than a normal port. We are also looking at all sorts of new, original IPs that we can use for the console games we create. That process, however, will take two to three years at a minimum.

Garriott also said NCsoft hopes to bring its first products to the PS3 for 2008's holiday season. Given the short time frame, that pretty much means a variation on something they've already got going. My money's on Dungeon Runners, but a console version of Tabula Rasa would kick several different kinds of ass.

voorheesda
September 12th, 2007, 16:02
OH YEA!!! This is super new! Yea, Tabula rasa would rock. City of heros would also be nice for me. If its for the PSP, then i dont care what title it is, as long as it is a mmorpg game.