PDA

View Full Version : Extended Pandora's Boot Menu .8 Released

ExcruciationX
September 12th, 2007, 16:29
The Extended Pandora’s Boot Menu version .08 has been released. Here’s information from the read me:

“What is it?
----------------
This adds a new bootmenu to a magic memory stick of the Pandora battery with some new functions and abilities.

Key features:

* Choose to boot firmware from memory stick, internal flash or the original Pandora mainmenu
* Fix flash1:/ (the one holding the settings and config) by formatting it and creating all directories
* Launch an additional application (PSPFiler or such) with working access to the real flash0:/
* Launch custom firmware installer (OE / M33) with working flash0:/ access, so it can install the CFW straight from a Pandora boot without the need to downgrade to 1.50 first, no matter of the current state (and version) of the internal flash.
* Access flash0:/, flash1:/ or memory stick via USB (straight from the menu)

Known issues/bugs
----------------------
* The boot from the internal flash doesn't work too well....
If you boot from the internal flash, using the option in the menu, the UMD drive errors out and does not work, programs may fail to load and you might get a lockup after the Sony intro.
However on recent CFWs there are workarounds: In the recovermenu configuration set "Skip Sony Logo" and "Hard reset on homebrew" to "ENABELED", that almost solves anything (UMD works again after first program launch).

Furthermore, due to the IPL, the PSP has been initialized from, this can only boot 1.50, CFWs and a few 2.xx FWs.
Higher (original Sony) firmwares will fail to boot.

There has to be a better way of rebooting the PSP, it just needs to be found.
I am currently using sceSysconResetDevice() to do it. scePower_0442D852() has been reported to be cool, but that's not available on 1.50 :(“

Download and Give Feedback via Comments

Via qj (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-wip-extended-pandora-bootmenu-120488.html)

cal360
September 12th, 2007, 16:36
Nice can this be installed straight away or on top of the last version.

ICE
September 12th, 2007, 16:44
nice this pandora gets better and better.

burrito
September 12th, 2007, 20:21
nice this pandora gets better and better.
are you ice man/halls guitar?

steve520
September 12th, 2007, 20:23
yeah thats ICEMAN he wanted to shorten his name and yeah im glad the pandora battery is improving.

DarthPaul
September 12th, 2007, 20:34
Woot,great to see this improving. I never used the 0.6 though,what is this good for?

nielsss
September 12th, 2007, 21:08
Wow this time it is worth downloading i like these 2 features
* Launch custom firmware installer (OE / M33) with working flash0:/ access, so it can install the CFW straight from a Pandora boot without the need to downgrade to 1.50 first, no matter of the current state (and version) of the internal flash.
* Access flash0:/, flash1:/ or memory stick via USB (straight from the menu)

Safari Al
September 12th, 2007, 21:17
nice good to know that we dont need to dg to 1.50 anymore

ab88
September 12th, 2007, 21:50
So I guess this will help those people that formatted flash1 in windows? according to the description it seems.

nknave
September 13th, 2007, 00:20
I find this app very cool and unique.

I'm currently struggling with running the CFW Installer, but i'll work on it more, might be my personal "user errors"

but hey, Ever think of making a Lite Version of it?

Like something that doesn't need you to have the 1.50 FW files.

Example of a menu.

USB Menu
Launch Pandora Menu
Launch CFW installer from (/psp/game/cfwupdate/eboot.pbp)
Launch APP with flash0 access from (x....xxxx)

This way, ppl like myself who prefer to have an extended menu for pandora without the need to A MUST have the 1.50 files in it.

Please, It would be very kind of you.
Note: this would also mean, no double boot with WLAN Switch, unless you make it boot pandora's menu with lan switch on directly.

:thumbup: Great stuff

Lawthugg
September 13th, 2007, 00:55
I have questions im having problems getting this to run ive installed everything and it just boots 1.50FW at start up ive gone through the read me about 5 times can anyoneexplain what to do a lil better or if anyone knows what my problem is feel free to point me in the right direction

ive been reading other forums and people are having the same problem

jungletek
September 13th, 2007, 01:33
I have questions im having problems getting this to run ive installed everything and it just boots 1.50FW at start up ive gone through the read me about 5 times can anyoneexplain what to do a lil better or if anyone knows what my problem is feel free to point me in the right direction

ive been reading other forums and people are having the same problem

Something to do with the WLAN switch, maybe?

Lawthugg
September 13th, 2007, 06:02
Whooo i found out my problem and got it to work this is awsome
it wasnt the lan switch i made an error in one of the text files
thanks tho

jayteebee
September 14th, 2007, 10:55
Hello All,

I have had no joy creating the extended boot menu on my pandora battery mem card... I have searched the forums for answers and followed them to the latter but still no joy...
I know it's a poor way out but could someone send me a zipped up full contents of the pandora memory stick with working 0.8 menu. I will sooo greatful... PMme for an email address...

Thanks

re100200
September 15th, 2007, 17:19
also for me please my email is [email protected]

laptopfreek0
September 17th, 2007, 23:09
I have to agree I have tried installing this and am missing a few files. Whenever I look for them I can not find them. I have reflashed pandora and extended boot menu the file is ipl_update.prx and it would be easier if someone could post a link to a zipped version that has all the files ready to go. If not can someone tell me where ipl_update.prx. thanks