PDA

View Full Version : Address Search in Canada

CyCLoBoT
September 12th, 2007, 20:05
I have created a GeoData file for Toronto but when I try searching for an address, it's not finding anything. Is it possible to look up address for Canada in MapThis?

johoo
September 14th, 2007, 18:33
I have created a GeoData file for Toronto but when I try searching for an address, it's not finding anything. Is it possible to look up address for Canada in MapThis?

i've got the same here with a dutch file
now that i managed the geodatafile i could not find any city
i know that the city's begin with a capital letter and then low case letters
but then i noticed that if i type the lowe case letters it's visible as capital letters maybe thats why i can't find the city's

is this a bug or is it me :confused:

Spike23qq
September 14th, 2007, 18:56
Hey guys, i am also from Canada, Toronto
Just wanted to ask you guys a question.
After i plug my gps receiver in. Its the sony gps one , does it just start tracking where i am? I just search for satellite and then gps on and track mode..
Doesn't seem to point out wher ei am located .. =P

johoo
September 15th, 2007, 04:52
Hey guys, i am also from Canada, Toronto
Just wanted to ask you guys a question.
After i plug my gps receiver in. Its the sony gps one , does it just start tracking where i am? I just search for satellite and then gps on and track mode..
Doesn't seem to point out wher ei am located .. =P

press start and go to gps info
here you can see the sattelite
if you got the fix1 you can go
if fix is 0 you still have to wait for a lock on

Spike23qq
September 15th, 2007, 16:21
press start and go to gps info
here you can see the sattelite
if you got the fix1 you can go
if fix is 0 you still have to wait for a lock on

Thanks johoo, so what is the deal with the geo data?
I remembe when creating maps i just go to the bottom left of GMDL, and then click on my country and geo data is checked off. So when i make the map , the geo data comes with the file?

As well ill try again late rinthe day and drive and see if it locks on, i remember it did yesterday, but does not TRACK WHERE I AM !

=/

johoo
September 15th, 2007, 18:56
Thanks johoo, so what is the deal with the geo data?
I remembe when creating maps i just go to the bottom left of GMDL, and then click on my country and geo data is checked off. So when i make the map , the geo data comes with the file?

As well ill try again late rinthe day and drive and see if it locks on, i remember it did yesterday, but does not TRACK WHERE I AM !

=/

i think the best for you is to look here
and learn more about using mapthis
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This%21

i have made a geodata from a txt file
but for you there is an other way of doing it

good luck johoo

Spike23qq
September 15th, 2007, 21:34
Thanks man just tried got a lock on FINALLY
works like a charm...my next step is prob get a wire to extend the gps...because it takes forever to get reception =P
hopefully that will help.
Thanks all.

PDG
September 17th, 2007, 07:18
Thanks man just tried got a lock on FINALLY
works like a charm...my next step is prob get a wire to extend the gps...because it takes forever to get reception =P
hopefully that will help.
Thanks all.

Getting an extentioncable for the PSP-290 is not a bad idea, i have one myselve *ordered it from the same place i got my Factorumade cable and extra gizmos for my Holux GPS that is mouch sweeter in performance :)

neonn
October 7th, 2007, 23:13
i think the best for you is to look here
and learn more about using mapthis
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This%21

i have made a geodata from a txt file
but for you there is an other way of doing it

good luck johoo

Can you explain this other way of making the geodata. Im in Canada nd having problems to. To be specific im in Calgary.

Arxidon
October 13th, 2007, 17:36
I live in Calgary, AB and the geodata works decently. Gives the correct street name, but theres only like one address per street.