PDA

View Full Version : New "official" themes from uk playstation

mike_jmg
September 12th, 2007, 22:36
Here is the link and some screenshots

Screens Via Comments - Decent Themes too

http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/news/articles/detail/item78695/Make-it-yours/

cal360
September 12th, 2007, 22:38
They're actually pretty good, Sony are trying to beat the homebrew scene.

migsgiz
September 12th, 2007, 22:49
wow wipeout look sick

DarthPaul
September 12th, 2007, 22:51
Awesome!! O_O

Evolve's look better though.

Buddy4point0
September 12th, 2007, 22:57
very good indeed!

dmac
September 12th, 2007, 22:58
how can we get these on our PSP?

Safari Al
September 12th, 2007, 22:58
im sorry sony is too far behind. Take a look at applecore. Sony cant beat that

steve520
September 12th, 2007, 23:06
yeah poor sony trying to keep up. muhahahaha we own u sony we own u.

kjetil1991
September 12th, 2007, 23:09
yeah fun to look at sony trying to get us to upgrade haha

Mr. Shizzy
September 12th, 2007, 23:22
Bstronga, DarkStone, and ZiNgA BuRgA are looking into making these M33 compatible.

If you think the Wipeout theme looks sweet now, wait until the homebrew scene mods it :p

domthegod
September 12th, 2007, 23:33
****ing Hell we ****ing own Sony they still try.
well we all start off doing homebrew then we realize we are Better that the makeres them selfs **** yea.

Good feeling inside HA.

gamefreak199101
September 12th, 2007, 23:34
can someone plz answer how do i put these in

Emeriastone
September 13th, 2007, 00:04
Hahaa, I noticed the flash0 file on the PSP slim and firmware 3.60 had minimal amounts of files in it;

instead all the files usually found in flash0 for customization and such ran in flash1! I should have known Sony was doing this to introduce their own line of custom themes and icons.

Johnny Rash
September 13th, 2007, 00:11
Why would Sony pay someone to code the theme feature when they could release without it and have better coders do it for free?

Safari Al
September 13th, 2007, 00:16
Why would Sony pay someone to code the theme feature when they could release without it and have better coders do it for free?

Because they're sony, they do dumb things like copy off of homebrew user's ideas

Johnny Rash
September 13th, 2007, 03:38
Because they're sony, they do dumb things like copy off of homebrew user's ideas

Damn right. If the homebrew scene never existed, I wouldn't have even bought the PSP. While standing at Gamestop, holding the DS Lite and PSP, the only reason I bought the PSP was because I had read an article here about devhook.

mike_jmg
September 13th, 2007, 04:28
this look kind of good, long live team m33 please make 3.70 M33 firmware

Veskgar
September 13th, 2007, 04:52
These don't look bad at all. I know its funny at first to see SONY seemingly try to copy a lot of the ingenuity of the homebrew scene, but the homebrew scene started from us wanting more from the PSP.

We should appreciate that SONY is "getting it" and trying to at least offer this type of stuff.

And sure, if it weren't for CFW the PSP wouldn't be the same, but I look at it this way. I use the SONY popstation PSX emulator and the SONY np9660.prx for playing games, on a SONY PSP / PSP Slim & Lite.

So lets give SONY a break. We owe them some respect and appreciation for at least making the PSP "capable" of all it can do.

I would like to try these themes out on my Slim & Lite so hopefully that will be possible soon.

Johnny Rash
September 13th, 2007, 07:20
These don't look bad at all. I know its funny at first to see SONY seemingly try to copy a lot of the ingenuity of the homebrew scene, but the homebrew scene started from us wanting more from the PSP.

We should appreciate that SONY is "getting it" and trying to at least offer this type of stuff.

And sure, if it weren't for CFW the PSP wouldn't be the same, but I look at it this way. I use the SONY popstation PSX emulator and the SONY np9660.prx for playing games, on a SONY PSP / PSP Slim & Lite.

So lets give SONY a break. We owe them some respect and appreciation for at least making the PSP "capable" of all it can do.

I would like to try these themes out on my Slim & Lite so hopefully that will be possible soon.

I think, off the record, Sony doesn't mind the homebrew. It's what sells their consoles. They just have to look like they're trying to stop it so they don't get sued for actually endorsing it.

On the other hand, piracy is a HUGE issue. I've stopped using ISOs because I want to help Sony make the PSP better.

Cokemusic
September 13th, 2007, 17:42
Sony refuse to recognise psp homebrew yet they copy this shit out of it.

The PSP would be years behind without the homebrew community.

I guess we have Sony to thank for our homebrew however , Sony's laziness left alot to the coders , it seems that the full potential of the PSP won't be unlocked by a Sony employee.

cal360
September 13th, 2007, 17:50
If it weren't for us they wouldn't even have the ability to change the background on the PSP untill they realised people wanted that.

Chameleon
September 13th, 2007, 17:59
Now we just need a homebrew program to randomize themes for this, then everytime we start well have a different custom theme :)

This will also lessen the risk of bricking your console by not having to flash hardly any files!!!

Damn I think I love sony..

titch.ryan
September 13th, 2007, 18:51
these dont look too bad for sony.

evolve has much better ones though.

at least sony are starting to recognise what people want.

wolfpack
September 13th, 2007, 21:19
i suppose one of these days ill have to flash a new xmb in my psp... i dunno when though, actually that lemmings theme looks cool.

IndianCheese
September 13th, 2007, 22:02
I need my 3.71 M33 now.