PDA

View Full Version : custom gamboot on slim?

NoQuarter
September 13th, 2007, 05:42
I have a plain black gameboot on my 3.40OE psp which I copied to my newly hombrew capable slim.Well, it worked,except that my plain black gameboot is now white !?
Any Ideas?

ICE
September 13th, 2007, 05:45
hmm. all i know is that i messed around with that crap and bricked my slim even with a full flash backup. now im on 3.70 thanks to recovery. be carefull.

NoQuarter
September 13th, 2007, 05:52
Yeah, I saw your post earlier.That really sucks...
I am kinda nervous messing with the flash but I figured the plain black gameboot was one of the safer things to fool with.Luckily it caused no probs.
By the way I just drove through Tennessee,I-40

ICE
September 13th, 2007, 05:55
cool that passes fairly near here. what part were you at and what for?

NoQuarter
September 13th, 2007, 06:00
I took I-40 all of the way from New Mexico to North Carolina then 85 north to Virginia.I'll be coming back through the same way back out in a month,YAY!!!
Virginia is a crappy state to live in!

ICE
September 13th, 2007, 06:09
you must have passes just south of me through knoxville eh? visiting family or something?

NoQuarter
September 13th, 2007, 06:16
Yep passed through knoxville.Actually I was in New Mexico trying to buy land.I'm getting kinda old,lol

I think I'm gonna try ripping the pmf from tekken and dropping it on there,maybe since we have more flash0 free space we can use bigger gameboots.

JaXeRiR
September 14th, 2007, 16:54
Oh come on here you just brag about having more flash0 space than us normal PSP users! :D

*edit* Ahem... I've been looking for that gameboot for my 3.40 OE-A and I have had no luck finding it... Could you please upload it for me? I would be very grateful!

mikebeaver
September 27th, 2007, 13:11
I have a plain black gameboot on my 3.40OE psp which I copied to my newly hombrew capable slim.Well, it worked,except that my plain black gameboot is now white !?
Any Ideas?

The reason your gameboot.pmf has gone white is because it is not being played!
I have done the same to mine, I tried it with the "Sega" gameboot.pmf although you can not see the file in the resources folder I decided to drop it in and see what happened, it asked if I would like to replace the original, I said yes and away it went.
Now when you start a game the white background shows because it is not displaying what it thinks it should be, the words psp that you see on the screen are from one of the other RCO's that hasnt been de-branded, im sure if you debranded thias it would just come out as white.
I am trying to find a way around the problem, but so far have had no luck,

Mike..