PDA

View Full Version : PSP: Custom Themes ARE Possible on Slim 3.60 M33

blackrave
September 13th, 2007, 16:50
hurtween has found a way of applying custom themes on firmware 3.60 M33 on PSP Slim. Here is the full post (slightly modified):

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7828/screenshot020hb3.png
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3808/screenshot021cd9.png

Custom themes ARE possible on PSP Slim with 3.60 M33, and it's easy...

Notice the TV icon, and Connected Display Settings icon, which I have yet to recolour, and also the firmware version.

Now we just need 1.50 brew to work...

EDIT: This is not a fake! All you need to get this working yourself, are the same tools that have already been provided by the community.

YOU WILL NEED

- A PSP capable of running 1.50 homebrew
- Your Slim PSP
- RCO Editor 14d
- Resurssiklunssi v0.3
- CXMB v2.4

...Seriously, all you need to do is load up CXMB through seplugins.
But for it to work without crashing, you will need converted 3.60 rco's.

1. Access your Slims's Flash0.
(If you can only see 3 folders in there you will need to unhide system operating files from the view tab.)
go to f0:/vsh/resource, locate all the rco's and save them to your desktop.

2. Put all the RCO's that you want to change into the RCO folder in the root of your memory stick and convert them using Resurssiklunssi
You will need a sysmem.prx from 2.70 f.w. and a 1.50 homebrew capable PSP to use this tool.

Quoted from Resurssiklunssi Readme "Get DECRYPTED and UNCOMPRESSED SYSMEM.PRX from 2.70... ...firmware and place it to the rco-folder.
Use psardumper/prxdecrypter to obtain that file." Also make sure there is a 'done' folder in the rco folder or the program will not work.

- 2.70 EBOOT (http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-Update-v2.70-US-PSP/pg/12/fid/7177/catid/163)
- PSP Brew
- PSAR Dumper
- PRX Decrypter

3. Once they are converted all you need to do is open them with RCO Editor and insert the graphics. You now have Slim PSP compatable RCO's.

4. You cannot flash these files because Sony have added some kind of protection which makes putting resource files on Flash0 not work like it used to.

5. Just save your resource files to ms0:/CXMB/vsh/resource on your memory stick and enable the plugin through the recovery menu.

NOTE: you cannot load prx's yet, untill they get decrypted, and custom fonts will crash the browser.
You can however load the reboot_plugin.prx, and the eboot_launcher_plugin.prx out of the CXMB/vsh/module folder.
Just make sure to name them to the corrosponding icon you want them to launch from.

..Still amazing that this plugin works properly on the Slim. ;)

I hope you all enjoy.
Credit to Poison for making this awesome plugin!

-hurtween

Downloads of Files Needed Via Comments

luis_05
September 13th, 2007, 20:55
freaking sweet nice work :-)

Bobtentpeg
September 13th, 2007, 23:19
i love how when i posted it, it got moved out of news

mnuhaily22
September 14th, 2007, 05:37
That looks like a lot of work :p...lol, could anybody post ready icons please:)...

pspuser2199
September 14th, 2007, 06:08
That is soo freking cool.
wish i had a slim too try this out...almost my precious lol
nice icons, can you post them for some of us noobs jk please thanx

blackrave
September 14th, 2007, 15:36
i love how when i posted it, it got moved out of news

That's because I posted it first. :)

zoe333
November 22nd, 2007, 15:43
I accidentally lost my backup of the 3.60 m33 \vsh\resource folder. Please, can someone post a link to the 3.60m33 vsh\resource files for me. I need to unbrick my psp with the required files. -Zoe

[QUOTE=blackrave;514873]hurtween has found a way of applying custom themes on firmware 3.60 M33 on PSP Slim. Here is the full post (slightly modified):

Johnny_Mcbride
November 22nd, 2007, 16:19
Idk if I believe this fully.

"not colored the icon"

Sounds like bs, why not color the most important icon to prove it's realness?

Anyone confirmed this to work? Or did "hurtween" just photoshop a image and try to trick everyone?

zoe333
November 22nd, 2007, 21:33
Trying to fix it I have now Bricked it completly, no more recovery acess. RIP

FU SONY

SO don't bother helping me...lol

acn010
November 23rd, 2007, 02:58
Trying to fix it I have now Bricked it completly, no more recovery acess. RIP

FU SONY

SO don't bother helping me...lol

pandora lol