PDA

View Full Version : SvSIP - a VoIP for DS released!

wraggster
September 13th, 2007, 22:58
Samuelv (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=14121) has made the first release of SvSIP:

I propose to you a SIP soft for Nintendo DS

It works with Nintendo DS lite ant it have tested with M3 simply and Superkey, SuperCard (lite).

For the moment, the GUI is very simply. I'm beginning to work on.

enjoys !!!

SvSIP is a VoIP software for Nintendo DS. It's based on pjsip. It uses three functionnalities of Nintendo DS :

Microphone
Sound
Wifi

Second public version: configuration file simplification (3 or 4 parameters). Calling/answering should be work better.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

My apologies for the wrongly uploaded file

Riffer
September 13th, 2007, 23:02
The version you have posted seems to be for PSP?!

Volsfan91
September 13th, 2007, 23:18
Nice job posting SMSPlus.

samuelv
September 13th, 2007, 23:48
I posted a new version of SvSIP. The good link is :
libw11.free.fr/ (http://libw11.free.fr/)

wraggster
September 14th, 2007, 00:08
oh shit, i uploaded the wrong link my bad

wraggster
September 14th, 2007, 00:11
fixed now, thanks for the update samuelv

stevo11185
September 14th, 2007, 08:11
fixed now, thanks for the update samuelv

DOUBLE POST!!!!!!

xD

Pilot_51
September 14th, 2007, 08:19
Hmm... It's not working for me.

Here's what shows up on the top screen, including the actual lines.

03:02:54.000 arm9_wifi.c ip
address 192.168.0.151
03:02:54.000 os_core_nds.c Cre
ating endpoint instance...
03:02:54.000 pjlib sel
ect() I/O Queue created (0x218e1
d0)
03:02:54.000 sip_endpoint.c Mod
ule "mod-msg-print" registered
03:02:54.000 sip_transport. Tra
nsport manager created.
assertion "status == 0" failed:
file "g:/Samuel/sources/c/pjproj
ect-svn/pjsip/src/pjsua-lib/pjsu
a_core.c", line 588
I'm using an R4 with a DSLite and I'm trying to use SvSIP with my Gizmo Project account. The LED blinks as it should when using WiFi. I've placed svsip.nds in my homebrew folder and dsip.png and config.txt in the root. I've tried several things with the config file including renaming it and I've tried moving svsip.nds into the root, but that error always came up no different aside from the timestamp.

Has anyone else had this problem? If it works for you, what exactly did you do?

I think a wiki would be good for SvSIP, right now it has essentially no documentation.

samuelv
September 14th, 2007, 08:29
You must have three files :

svsip.nds
dsip.nds
config.txt

This three files must be stocked in svip directory.
svip directory must be at root filesystem.

Samuel

Pilot_51
September 14th, 2007, 08:40
Oops, my bad. I failed to pay attention to the folder layout in the zip.

It's working now. The quality is great, but it could definitely use a number of improvements. Um, let me know if you want me to put together a list of my ideas, but I think for the most part you know what needs to improve.

samuelv
September 14th, 2007, 12:17
Could you tell me what linker do you use ?

You can post here or by mail a list of your idea. Perhaps, I don't think to something or your priority can be different of mine.

jay001
September 14th, 2007, 13:55
You must have three files :

svsip.nds
dsip.nds
config.txt

This three files must be stocked in svip directory.
svip directory must be at root filesystem.

Samuel

shouldnt that be dsip.png? not dsip.nds

gutbub
September 14th, 2007, 20:56
not working on the mmd. and yes, i used the dldi patch. top screen stays white the whole time.

Pilot_51
September 15th, 2007, 00:55
Could you tell me what linker do you use ?

You can post here or by mail a list of your idea. Perhaps, I don't think to something or your priority can be different of mine.I use R4, Chinese hardware with patched English 1.10 firmware.

Here's some ideas off the top of my head.
1. I think the most important feature that it needs is touch-tones. There's a number of automated services, such as Gizmo voicemail (611) that require it, but even playing the tones through the microphone doesn't work.
2. Support for letters for calling account names that differ from the number-based letters and punctuation characters such as @ and . for calling accounts on a different domain.
3. Contact list.
4. Support for multiple accounts.
5. Ringing, especially when receiving a call.
6. Screens off but audio on while closed.
7. Hold (mute).

ICE
September 15th, 2007, 01:01
wouldnt it be neat to be able to log into skype with your ds? someone should get on that ;)

DanTheManMS
September 16th, 2007, 06:58
not working on the mmd. and yes, i used the dldi patch. top screen stays white the whole time.

From my experience, you get this if it can't connect to the Wifi properly. Try renaming it "bootme.nds" or changing the clock to 00:00, two tricks that might get the MMD to boot Wifi apps properly.

Loving the application man. Well, at least I'm loving being able to tell my friends that my DS now functions as a phone, heh. I can't connect to my school's wifi network (ssid isn't broadcasted so no homebrew can connect) so I can't really show them, but it's funny nonetheless.

Good job so far. I showed it to my friend, who may be interested in making a similar app for the PSP if something doesn't already exist.

ChuckMcB
September 16th, 2007, 12:34
Working fine straight out of the box on my DS-X: SvSIP Setup (http://www.ds-xtra.com/SvSIP).

airampoa
September 16th, 2007, 13:19
Could someone tell me how this works? I skimmed over the wikipedia page on sip, but I'm a little lost.

Can you use this from any wifi hotspot? Can you call land lines/cell phones? or is this computer to computer?

Thanks.

Da_ALC
September 16th, 2007, 13:40
Hey there, I havent got this working yet as I have nobody to call, got it connected up fine tho.
As Pilot said, this really needs full charachter support, most SIP "numbers" include a full address.
I think gizmo dosent, I got an account but again, not tried it yet.
What I would really like to see is this made as a plugin for DragonMinded's DS Organiser. (Maybe you could use his keyboard then to ;-D)
An address book would be good also, storing a name and a number would do. (Could link up to DSOrganiser address book?)
Cheers!

errbotijo
September 16th, 2007, 13:41
Hi, airampoa. It depends greatly on the server you are using. Most of them (VoIpStunt, VoIpBuster... there are many more) give you some free minutes to test the server. These free minutes can only be used for landlines. If you top up the account, you can get more and more free minutes. As far as I know, calls to mobiles are still to be paid, and the rates are usually cheaper than Skype.
About Skype, it uses a propietary protocol, so no, there is no open source alternative that can be ported to the DS.
Regards.

::Xraxa, plz:.
September 16th, 2007, 18:10
Hey there, I havent got this working yet as I have nobody to call, got it connected up fine tho.
As Pilot said, this really needs full charachter support, most SIP "numbers" include a full address.
I think gizmo dosent, I got an account but again, not tried it yet.
What I would really like to see is this made as a plugin for DragonMinded's DS Organiser. (Maybe you could use his keyboard then to ;-D)
An address book would be good also, storing a name and a number would do. (Could link up to DSOrganiser address book?)
Cheers!

Incorporation into DSO is a good idea, you should suggest it to DM.

samuelv
September 16th, 2007, 21:30
I posted a new version at libw11.free.fr (http://libw11.free.fr).

Correct bug with IP address including 10 or 100.
Volume control of micro in config file.
Switch off wifi and reboot the DS a the end.

rohan6b
November 2nd, 2007, 06:40
Dwnload

JDMEVOIXMR
November 4th, 2007, 15:58
Is there any VOIP service that is free? VOIPbuster is a free trial only...is there one where I can make as many calls as I want for free?

Pilot_51
November 4th, 2007, 19:25
You mean free PC-to-phone calls? The best I know of to that is Gizmo (http://gizmoproject.com).
In Gizmo you can also call the phones of people in your friends list for free if the friend you want to call has made a call (doesn't matter what type of call) in Gizmo in the past couple weeks or so. Your friend needs to put his phone number in his account for it to work, and it clearly displays which friends are active or not.
You can also use GizmoCall.com (http://gizmocall.com) to make free PC-to-phone calls, but it's limited to 1 minute per call and 5 minutes per day, and if you have money in your account it'll take from that at the regular rate without limit until it's empty at which time it gives you the limited free calling.

There is another site (http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/pstnNumbers) that gives many access numbers so you can call from phones to any SIP number. It's unlimited and it only costs as much as the phone company charges (usually free if the access number is the same area code).

If you want free PC-to-PC calls, then I don't know what your problem is because far more programs have free unlimited PC-to-PC calling such as Gizmo and Skype and several others I've tried. I haven't seen any PC VoIP services that charge for either membership or PC-to-PC calls and if they exist they should be shunned for preying off of the ill-informed.

JDMEVOIXMR
November 5th, 2007, 01:23
I'm talking about calling phones using the DS for free. Is there anything like that? Like from my DS, calling my contacts for free.

JDMEVOIXMR
November 6th, 2007, 01:03
Is there any?!?!

JDMEVOIXMR
November 13th, 2007, 05:24
I want to be able to make unlimited calls to cell/home phones from my DS using a VoIP service for free. Is there such thing as a service like that?!?!

Pilot_51
November 13th, 2007, 10:03
First, don't tripple post.
Second, no.

mrsuave909
November 14th, 2007, 04:29
when i start it up

i keep on getting: fatInitDefault() failed!

what do i do?

bmuibcbhaael
November 15th, 2007, 23:43
same thing happens to me, like the guy above me i keep getting

i keep getting: fatInitDefault() failed!

what should i do now? what am i doing wrong?

samuelv
November 26th, 2007, 20:35
Do you patch with dldi ?

Da_ALC
November 27th, 2007, 13:16
new version out! check the web site.

bmuibcbhaael
November 27th, 2007, 21:12
after i dial the number i get something that says: Invalid URL sip: (the number i dialed)@(null)

what does that mean. can someone helpe me out

Da_ALC
December 1st, 2007, 09:11
U need sip account... www.sipgate.co.uk
I can get calls from landlines to my DS, I have my own 0845 number for it, so sick.

Shame the DS can be so awquard to set up on some routers.
Got a question for samuel.. with the wifi config.. you can add configs to the text file.. can you add as many as you like and will it try them all to connect?
If yes im going to start sticking a list of default settings for dif places together.. like starbucks, mac d's, etc etc, so people can have more of chance of getting on when they move about.

Da_ALC
December 8th, 2007, 10:34
Just had some confusion but figured out the obvious...
If you have 2 DS's connecting to one router, one IP, they both share the IP and so the last person to log-on to SvSIP can make/receive calls.
We both had sipgate accounts, not sure that if we each had accounts with different providers it may have worked.

It would be good to be able to store multiple-account info within SvSIP to be able to switch between providers/ numbers quickly.

I hope this helps!
-ALC

Kissker
December 24th, 2007, 22:31
I used SvSIP but uh.. I can't seem to get the quality to my home phone decent.. The voice from my home phone to my DS is very clear and nice, however from the DS to the home phone is crackled, broken and unintelligable.... if it werent me talkin to myself.. I wouldn't know what was being said...

Anyone know how to fix this?

caplives
February 8th, 2008, 02:52
hey guys. I am trying to use gizmo . what goes under domain? since i use my email addy to sign in, is that the username? this all goes in the configuration text file. please help:cool:

id_kai
August 31st, 2008, 18:35
I can't seem to get this to work on my AK2, any suggestions?

Please contact me at [email protected] and let me know.

Rickjuh
November 30th, 2008, 15:15
hi what i must been typ into the config?