PDA

View Full Version : White Vs Black

wraggster
September 13th, 2007, 23:12
News/release from OutOfRange: (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3588&forum=9)

While it is just a chess game, I was getting a bit tired of the custom of just putting DS before or after everything, but if you want, just think of it as ChessDs

The main change I've made to make between this and chess however, is that you don't get checkmate to win, instead, the goal is just to take the opponent's king. It does make it easier, but I've spent two days just trying to work on a checkmate algorithm and while I got it working for certain situations, it didn't work for them all, so meh... I'll have it working for some point though.

Most other things are working, such as promoting pawns, so if you find any bugs, let me know. I am aware that there are some problems with the movement, which I'm working on fixing, but it works for the most part

The main reason I made this is to get some practice with tactical moving. I'm planning to make a Strategy RPG, which I've started work on and just wanted some feedback regarding movement;

On the left screen, the movement tiles are 16x16, and on the right they are 16x32, same as the sprites. I just wondered which way people preferred as personally I'm leaning towards 16x16 as it'll allow for room to move on screen. The only problem is having is when you get people standing behind each other they get obscured ^_^"

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments