PDA

View Full Version : Help with M3 Lite

Huntor99
September 14th, 2007, 07:52
Hey everyone. Please don't immediately bash me for not using the search function, or look up other ways of information. I did. I'm just looking for some help.

I'm currently thinking about buying an M3 Lite, Passcard 3, Micro SD, etc. for my Nintendo DS lite. I want to be able to put games, media, and other stuff on my Nintendo DS. Now I am completely new to all this, and I'm not the greatest computer/hacking person when it comes to knowing terms like flashing, homebrew and stuff like that. I'm not completely oblivious to some of this stuff but I may ask what an abbreviation is here and there.

Anyway, since I'm thinking of getting and M3 Lite and Passkey, I have a few questions about it:

If I get M3 Lite, Passkey 3, Micro SD, and a MicroSD reader is that all I need to start tranferring media, music and games? Or do I need to do that thing when I unscrew the back of the DS and "Flash" it?

Assuming I have all the hardware (M3 lite, MicroSD, etc.), how do I put my games on the MicroSD so I can play the games without the actual cartridge? I think they're called ROMs?

Do I just use a folder and put all downloaded material on there and then onto the SD card? Is it more complicated than that? Are there other programs I will need like emulators, Moonshell, or anything like that?

My question may seem very vague and very naive. I think all I need is a solid step-by-step guide on how to do all this. Can anyone refer one to me? I would appreciate it greatly.

Please help :D. Thank you for your time.

Huntor99
September 15th, 2007, 08:27
Can someone please help me D:

DanTheManMS
September 16th, 2007, 08:06
That package will be all you need to start running homebrew applications. Flashing is entirely optional, and if you do it then you won't need to use the Passcard 3 in the future, which is convenient. You need it at least once to launch the flashme.nds file however.

We cannot discuss commercial roms here, sorry.

You don't need any other programs on the card as far as I know, though of course you can put them on the card if you want. It is indeed as easy as just copying them to your SD card. Note however that you may need to patch homebrew DS applications with DLDI so that they can access the filesystem of your card. Look up "DLDIrc" for the easiest tool to use for this.

Huntor99
September 16th, 2007, 09:23
Thanks for helping out with this.

I think I'll download "DLDI" when I get the M3 and stuff. Hopefully, Ill be able to catch on to all this.