PDA

View Full Version : Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 for PSP Slim

aTomIC
September 14th, 2007, 13:31
AhMan has ported Snes9xTYL to FW3.xx. This means it's now compatible with PSP Slim & Lite. It's also compatible with the old phat PSP if you put it in the GAME352 folder, like the previous releases.

Originally Posted by AhMan
Another emulator ported to firmware 3.x, aka for PSP Slim. The usb mass storage has been removed and no longer available due to the emu is now running completely under user mode. This will probably be the last emu I've interest to port. Have fun! :D

Download (no Rapidshare): http://www.emunews24.de/nintendosnesemus.html#sony%20psp%20slim690
Download (Rapidshare): http://rapidshare.com/files/55592390/snes9xTYL-0.4.2_fw3x.zip.html
Download source: http://rapidshare.com/files/55592365/snes9xTYL-0.4.2-src-fw3x.zip.html

monkvash
September 14th, 2007, 16:14
awesome , the more emulators and apps ported over the more ppl will wanna buy the slim and homebrew it,
THANKS!

shorty_carnage
September 14th, 2007, 16:14
does the emu make use of the extra ram

monkvash
September 14th, 2007, 16:19
i dont think ti would need 2 isnt the emulator full speed if not near full speed?

pimp12
September 14th, 2007, 16:24
now I can finally play snes on my psp slim yey! lol

Lodis
September 14th, 2007, 16:25
i dont think ti would need 2 isnt the emulator full speed if not near full speed?

The version that makes use of the Media Engine in 1.5 kernel mode is near full speed but I would expect the one for the slim to be slower if it is in User Mode only.

Veskgar
September 14th, 2007, 16:48
Yeah, if this is the "user mode" version, it won't run nearly as well as 0.4.2 ME.

DAMN! Will we ever see Snes9xTYL ME working on the Slim?

Also, just want to use this thread to let people know that the Emulators from NJ that need to use the HOME button for the menu don't seem to work properly. On my Slim, the HOME button just asks to exit game and bring you back to the XMB.

So you can't switch games, configure settings, etc. You will need to exit the emulator to the PSP's menu and then launch the EMU again just to pick another game.

Tell me there is a fix for this that could easily be accomplished...

ish420ism
September 14th, 2007, 17:57
Great to see quick progress for the slim. I finally saw one at a GameStop near me. I want one sooo much now

240-185
September 14th, 2007, 18:00
This version doesn't load any ROMs :/
Got an error whatever it is zipped or NOT.

I'm using an old TA-079 PSP with 3.52M33...

pakkman781
September 14th, 2007, 18:46
AhMan, you are a god. The last emulator needed to make my slim complete has now arrived. :D

240-185: Works fine on a Slim with 3.60 M33. Why are you bothering to use this if you are on a Phat? the 1.50 kernel will work fine for you.

sappo
September 14th, 2007, 19:45
does the emu make use of the extra ram

Matieulh stated that the Slim's extra ram can't be used, as it's reserved.

CaptainMorgan4
September 14th, 2007, 19:55
Could you elaborate on that please?

Safari Al
September 14th, 2007, 20:41
it means apparently, the extra ram cannot be used, therefore we wont have any very amazing, better than the fat xmbs

hacksparrow
September 14th, 2007, 21:45
This version doesn't load any ROMs :/
Got an error whatever it is zipped or NOT.

I'm using an old TA-079 PSP with 3.52M33... you don't need this anyway, use another version.

are you usin 8gig mem stick also? if so then u have to remove everythin & place the homebrews in the 0-4gig region

Panini
September 14th, 2007, 21:49

Well if that is the case i will for now stick with my normal psp.

Slims lose out for now. :rofl:

DarthPaul
September 14th, 2007, 22:06
Awesome, AhMan ported this! This emulator is one of my favorites.

sroon
September 14th, 2007, 22:29
WTF the reason i bought a lite was for (hopeing) faster
emulation n stuff but it doenst even work???
what a $h!tload of fuk..
lol
(O )( O)

hacksparrow
September 14th, 2007, 23:30
what a $h!tload of fuk..
lol
(O )( O)

yeah all the system16 & super fx games run like a$$ on the 2000

IDidMyTime
September 14th, 2007, 23:51

Then i wont be getting a slim, but somewhat a blessing for everyone owning the original model, homebrew for the original wont be bottlenecked, apart from TV out, which defeats the point of handhelds, looks like there is very little reason for owning a slim.

devdj
September 14th, 2007, 23:56
ah sweet i just put custom firmware 3.60 m33 on my slim nowi have to download this one

Veskgar
September 15th, 2007, 00:55
Then i wont be getting a slim, but somewhat a blessing for everyone owning the original model, homebrew for the original wont be bottlenecked, apart from TV out, which defeats the point of handhelds, looks like there is very little reason for owning a slim.

Yeah, I got a Slim & Lite and really recommend it. Everything is still so new though. I mean 3.60 M33 for the slim was released before the Slim itself was released in some places.

Give it a few days, weeks, or even a couple months and I bet the Slim & Lite homebrew will be booming.

And in the mean time there are so many great PSP games released lately to keep me occupied on the slim, not to mention the PSX support with universal popsloader.

DarthPaul
September 15th, 2007, 06:16
what a $h!tload of fuk..
lol
(O )( O)

Lol yeah. You didn't say you like boobies this time. :rofl:

Baboon
September 15th, 2007, 08:32
If the games for dgen and snes aint all going to be as good as on the slim then I'm defo goin to be sticking with my phat psp for homebrew and emus.

I like the idea of using the tv with my psp but not at the price of slow emulation. lol

To be honest though its only been a week and already theres loads happening in the psp slim scene, so I'm sure that given time this will be sorted out.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 15th, 2007, 09:44
Hey baboon fancy seeing you here...Biggest problem i can see with the slim is no 1.5 kernal mode support i would think this is going to seriously impeade any real brew advances...Perhaps the extra memory will compensate for this who knows its early days yet..But the PHAT bashing has begun already hw long before PHAT users are totally ignored ?? it's a coming i bet..

Baboon
September 15th, 2007, 10:01
But the PHAT bashing has begun already hw long before PHAT users are totally ignored ?? it's a coming i bet..

Well I hope not, but to be honest if it does happen then I wouldnt be too bothered as almost every system I want emulated is already got working quite well on my phat psp.

Only time will tell I guess.

sukhi-2006
September 15th, 2007, 13:59
yes at last we have the snes me version to work on psp slim this is brilliant now time has come to buy a psp slim.

sroon
September 15th, 2007, 17:28
lol well with all the extra ram being used for firmware(im guessin) maybe we can get a custom firmware that only uses as much at the psp phat did so the extra ram can be used;p.n speaking of phat.. fat titties make our world go round ..well and our tungs:D
but anyways if we can get a firmware like 1.50 on there maybe we would have more room for our fatser emulation n faster peekaboo poker emulation(O )( x) SUCKAGE!!!

irishwhip
September 15th, 2007, 19:14
i can't even see the roms on mine :confused:

tried on my sandisk 4gb, and sony 1gb, both genuine cards formatted to FAT

StoneCut
September 16th, 2007, 19:07
Clarifications:

AhMan did these ports for fun and did not intend to do any support on them. They are also not mean for Slim users exclusively since they will also work in GAME3xx folders with CFW on Phat PSPs.
The HOME button is not available in user mode. You CAN, however, still bring up the in-game menu with START+SELECT.
All emulator source code was downloaded directly from NJ's homepage and tagged as 2.0.6 but some emu source code is actually at 2.0.0 - this means that the newer source code was never uploaded to NJ's homepage so it cannot be ported. There's nothing AhMan or anybody else than NJ can do about that.
As a consequence you will need to find rom converters for 2.0.0 for some of the emulators instead and they will work then. Which ones I can't remember right now. Try it out. One I know for sure is MVSPSP. Not sure if there's any more improperly tagged.
The Slim's extended memory cannot currently be utilized until the PSP toolchain is updated. AhMan, however, has no interest in optimizing these emulators anyway. However, the updated source code is there and other people can build on it if they wish.
Being able to utilize the Slim's additional memory would not benefit the emulation in any way, however. RAM was never an issue with these emulators. Processing power more so.
The PSP's Media Engine ("ME") is only available in kernel mode, so these fw3.xx user mode emulator ports cannot make use of it's performance boost to the emulation. Instead of crying about how the ME version works so much better on the Phat PSP be thankful for having these great emus on your Slim already at this early stage.
Don't expect any support for these emus or any further ports by AhMan ...

Baboon
September 16th, 2007, 19:39
Clarifications:

AhMan did these ports for fun and did not intend to do any support on them. They are also not mean for Slim users exclusively since they will also work in GAME3xx folders with CFW on Phat PSPs.
The HOME button is not available in user mode. You CAN, however, still bring up the in-game menu with START+SELECT.
All emulator source code was downloaded directly from NJ's homepage and tagged as 2.0.6 but some emu source code is actually at 2.0.0 - this means that the newer source code was never uploaded to NJ's homepage so it cannot be ported. There's nothing AhMan or anybody else than NJ can do about that.
As a consequence you will need to find rom converters for 2.0.0 for some of the emulators instead and they will work then. Which ones I can't remember right now. Try it out. One I know for sure is MVSPSP. Not sure if there's any more improperly tagged.
The Slim's extended memory cannot currently be utilized until the PSP toolchain is updated. AhMan, however, has no interest in optimizing these emulators anyway. However, the updated source code is there and other people can build on it if they wish.
Being able to utilize the Slim's additional memory would not benefit the emulation in any way, however. RAM was never an issue with these emulators. Processing power more so.
The PSP's Media Engine ("ME") is only available in kernel mode, so these fw3.xx user mode emulator ports cannot make use of it's performance boost to the emulation. Instead of crying about how the ME version works so much better on the Phat PSP be thankful for having these great emus on your Slim already at this early stage.
Don't expect any support for these emus or any further ports by AhMan ...

Apart from your bullet point section on the Media Engine I think you should have actually posted this information on NJ's emulator thread for slim PSP's and not this snes one. :confused:

StoneCut
September 17th, 2007, 03:15
Yes, I messed that up. But it still applies to ALL ports done by AhMan. I'll post it there, too, though.

nickerous
October 11th, 2007, 23:22
Playing Super Punchout!! on this right now and just can not get the Special Circuit to open up. I've even sat down and beat everyone in the first 3 circuits in 1 playing, using no save states, or anything. Still will not open up.

What am i doing wrong? :(