PDA

View Full Version : PSP as a Webcam

wraggster
September 15th, 2007, 10:04
Lunacy8m has released a video showing the PSP as a webcam, check it out via Comments

DarthPaul
September 15th, 2007, 10:10
http://www.youtube.com/v/W8BC4HLMv2Y

This is cool. I want to do it.

Buddy4point0
September 15th, 2007, 14:54
thats awsome, but i already have a real webcam that i dont use

ICE
September 15th, 2007, 14:58
i have a psp, chotto shot, and that exact adapter lol
i only need the cables and a lot of boredom 0_o

DPyro
September 15th, 2007, 15:26
I actually did this with an actual Sony cam thats 10 years old :)

kalhalla
September 15th, 2007, 19:40
Is that only using the PSP Slim?

kjetil1991
September 15th, 2007, 21:12
i have a real cam so i dont need this XD

DarthPaul
September 15th, 2007, 21:25
Is that only using the PSP Slim?

The camera is here since firmware 3.0 or something like that. So I guess no, it is also possible using the original PSP.

pspfan
September 15th, 2007, 22:19
The way he did it was using the TV Out settings from the PSP Slim, so this way is possible only on the Slim.

monaug5
September 15th, 2007, 22:27
Is this possible with the old psp?

califrag
September 16th, 2007, 00:01
yea in fact you'll see very shortly as i'm nearing release of a TRUE pspwebcam that uses the PSP chotto shot and uploads a capture via wifi to a FTP server. this is funny to me how its just a guy connecting cables together.. and its only useful if it works with skype, msn messenger, yahoo messenger, etc. would be great to get feedback

Psyberjock
September 16th, 2007, 03:37
yea in fact you'll see very shortly as i'm nearing release of a TRUE pspwebcam that uses the PSP chotto shot and uploads a capture via wifi to a FTP server. this is funny to me how its just a guy connecting cables together.. and its only useful if it works with skype, msn messenger, yahoo messenger, etc. would be great to get feedback

I agree, personally, I didn't find this very interesting. He didn't have to engineer any of the parts and he didn't even have to have a eureka moment to do this. He just did what the PSP and vidcap device were designed to do. The PSP slim was designed to output video and the vidcap device was designed to take video and make webstreams.

Gee, I wonder if I could connect the video out on a PSP slim to a portable LCD screen and make the worlds first PSP with a portable screen! I could even connect my camera so I wouldn't have to look at anything directly. I could just look at the portable LCD. It would be the worlds first completely useless application of a PSP slim and portable LCD! World's first! Oh yeah I also made the world's first banana toaster which was covered by ZDNet!

Ok... sorry, getting carried away. That guy just seems like a poser to me.

califrag
September 16th, 2007, 05:39
lol @ banana toaster.. great job psyberjock lol

tanukikun
September 16th, 2007, 09:08
Gee, I wonder if I could connect the video out on a PSP slim to a portable LCD screen and make the worlds first PSP with a portable screen! I could even connect my camera so I wouldn't have to look at anything directly. I could just look at the portable LCD. It would be the worlds first completely useless application of a PSP slim and portable LCD! World's first! Oh yeah I also made the world's first banana toaster which was covered by ZDNet!

That's funny! A friend of mine and I were just making the same joke when we saw the video-out cables at Gamestop earlier today...:D

Johnny Rash
September 17th, 2007, 07:13
I agree, personally, I didn't find this very interesting. He didn't have to engineer any of the parts and he didn't even have to have a eureka moment to do this. He just did what the PSP and vidcap device were designed to do. The PSP slim was designed to output video and the vidcap device was designed to take video and make webstreams.

A tad cruel. But completely realistic.