PDA

View Full Version : DSMPlay Ver0.8

wraggster
September 15th, 2007, 11:27
Infantile Paralysiser (http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/archives/2007/09/dsmplay_ver08.shtml) have released a new version of DSMplay, which is a media player for the DS.

Heres whats new:

MP3 Format Bugs (as far as i can tell)

Download Here (http://home.att.ne.jp/blue/moonlight/20070915_dsmplay08.zip) and Give Feedback Via Comments

dnds5
September 15th, 2007, 20:01
How do you play MP3s on this?

Jan-H
September 15th, 2007, 20:10
Please read "for_MP3.txt ".

ButterBeer121
September 16th, 2007, 04:14
Don't ask questions - Just read whatever .txt files may be included in the file!

wiggy fuzz
September 16th, 2007, 08:09
this thing takes an eternity to convert videos... i still haven't mustered the spare time to check how good it is against moonshell

dnds5
September 18th, 2007, 03:00
IMHO, better than Moonshell

2 suggestions:

1. Lower .dsm file size (I'm sure you've heard this a lot)

2. A way to lock the L + R Buttons when in sleep mode, so one doesn't accidentally press them while handling the DS

Other than that, great work!

kermitfrog
September 24th, 2007, 13:50

2 suggestions:

2. A way to lock the L + R Buttons when in sleep mode, so one doesn't accidentally press them while handling the DS

I'd like to add the following suggestions

3. Plays the same files as Moonshell 1.71 does ( DPG / OGG etc )
4. Option the have 'Visualisation on/off' on top screen
5. Also show TXT files 'sidewards' so that you can hold NDS same way as when you play 'Brain Age', then you can use the + button to 'turn the page'

& Yes I know Moonshell plays all those files but there's no way that I've found that will allow me to veiw TXT files sidewards & there's no 'Touch Screen' controls either & I get confused which buttons skip / raise volume etc- & it also take a while to boot up while showing an 'error' message that isn't really an error

wiggy fuzz
September 24th, 2007, 16:53
moonshell doesn't take that long to boot, in fact it's one of my fastest loading things next to advance wars ds

Tommy K
September 25th, 2007, 10:57
Does DSMPlay let you fastforward/rewind? I have got Moonshell at the moment and think it is a great app. Only problem is you cant search through the file. The control list at the start says hold select for fast play - but when I hold select all that happens is the video display is switched between the two screens.

wiggy fuzz
September 25th, 2007, 20:12
the hold select thing is for music - it doesnt work too well anyway - the seek bar is much better

i did notice a couple of typos in the startup guide -

"x/y zooms audio
x/y changes picture volume"

and for moonshell i've found the video's seek bar is horribly inacurate

dark__echoes
September 26th, 2007, 02:23
does any one know where i can get a new skin?

wiggy fuzz
September 26th, 2007, 07:40
search, there are tons of custom skins for moonshell (or make your own - it's real fun and there's a nice template hovering around)

Tommy K
September 27th, 2007, 16:01
the hold select thing is for music - it doesnt work too well anyway - the seek bar is much better

i did notice a couple of typos in the startup guide -

"x/y zooms audio
x/y changes picture volume"

and for moonshell i've found the video's seek bar is horribly inacurate

At the risk of sounding really thick here - what do you mean by seek bar? I am pressuming that you mean the little bar at the bottom of teh screen like on media players taht lets you search through the file? If so I havent seen this on Moonshell yet - do you get one on the video files, or is that for music files only as well? I usually watch my video files on the top screen - do i need to switch to the bottom screen to search then.

DanTheManMS
September 28th, 2007, 03:00
Just tap the screen or press Select to move the video to the bottom screen, where you will see the seek bar. It will be scaled down though, so once you find your place, press Select again to move it back up to the top screen.

Tommy K
September 28th, 2007, 12:38
Just tap the screen or press Select to move the video to the bottom screen, where you will see the seek bar. It will be scaled down though, so once you find your place, press Select again to move it back up to the top screen.

I had a look for it last night, but couldn't find it. Do you use the stylus to drag the pointer to the correct location on the seek bar? Or do you have to use some buttons? I think that I have version 1.71 of Moonshell. Just wondering if I have an old version that doesnt have the seek bar.

DanTheManMS
September 29th, 2007, 05:02
Once you tap the screen you should be able to use it just like you would with an audio file. Just click on any position on the seek bar and it should bring you to where you selected.

Skill
January 30th, 2008, 04:38
I manage to Install the nice little up fine so far.

One problem, whenever I put a DSM file in my SD card and try to run the application it hangs up on loading.

I can run mp3 file fine on it, but that is no good is it?

Here is the message that it feezes on

Load file information 0/4
open for check. [/MEDIA/SONGS.DSM]
CreateBurstList.
Index x=0 Sector=0xcacb7 Count=22016
Index x=1 Sector=0fffffff Count=0
Uknown Format. 488fdff +=31425454
Can not open TTA audio file

I have a R4DS.

Anyone know what the problem is or what is the solution?

oldskoolboarder
January 30th, 2008, 19:04
I have Moonshell running fine on my R4. Now I have some .DSM files I want to play.

Can I have DSMPlay run off the same SD card or do I need to have a DSMPlay SD card separate from a Moonshell SD card?

I have movies in both formats so I was hoping to use different players depending on the movie file.

Jan-H
January 30th, 2008, 19:24
I think it doesn't matter... Moonshell plays the .dpg-movies and dsmplay plays the .dsm... There isn't any conflict.

Skill
January 31st, 2008, 00:14
I have Moonshell running fine on my R4. Now I have some .DSM files I want to play.

Can I have DSMPlay run off the same SD card or do I need to have a DSMPlay SD card separate from a Moonshell SD card?

I have movies in both formats so I was hoping to use different players depending on the movie file.

You can have it on the same card. It should work fine.

I don't know what is wrong with my one. Can someone please upload a "sample DSM movie file?"

So I can test it out?

spannernick
February 5th, 2008, 17:16

2 suggestions:

How do you make the dsm file smaller,Its larger than the orignal file..?

Apache Thunder
February 5th, 2008, 23:46
I get the following error when I attempt to use DSMPlay:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7895/errortopjh8.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7785/error1qy5.jpg

I tried the currect DLDI patches and tried it on the MMD, the Game n' Music, and the N-Card (all with their repective DLDI's)

I have done the installation exactly to the book.

And got the SAME error on all of them.

I know its not the DSM files I try, since it has done it on ALL videos that I attempted to use.

So my conclusion....DSMPlayer is crap. Stick with Moonshell. DPG's might not be as good quality as DSM...BUT AT LEAST THEY F@#(ING PLAY!

oldskoolboarder
March 5th, 2008, 07:10
I have the same problem as Apache Thunder.

The bottom of my screen says:

CreateBurstList.
Index=0 Sector=0xa6bbbf Count=32
Index=1 Sector=0xfffffff Count=0
Unknown format. DSMInfo.DSMID==0x7160500

I have a few DSM files but none work on my R4. The DPG files play fine. Any ideas?

m-p{3}
March 5th, 2008, 19:09
If there was a way of having the same format support in DSMPlay from MoonShell, I'd switch right away. The interface looks nice, especially the thumbnails for the video files.

I'll take a look at it.

oldskoolboarder
March 5th, 2008, 19:24
DSMPlay is "supposed" to work with Moonshell. On my R4 and can start the program but it never actually works... :(

Bowser N64
March 6th, 2008, 05:16
I can't get it to work on my Games N Music. I'm using a Lexar 2GB micro SD memory card. It just freezes on a blue screen with white letters on it. When it is loading on the debug touch screen thing. What's wrong? I love DSM quality over DPG! I already patched it with gmtf2.dldi. DLDI patch.

D00zers
April 14th, 2008, 03:35
Any step by step instructions for getting DSMPlay to work with M3 Simply/R4, or Edge DS, or Supercard DS One SDHC, Supercard Lite micro sd with rumble, and Ewin2 micro sd slot 2 carts? I've tried following the instructions and placed files in the root of micro sd, but get the same Japanese error message as Apache Thunder above, and on the other screen it say "Can not open TTA audio file."
Am I placing the files in the wrong place? Help would be greatly appreciated as I've found a site with great movies, but they're in DSM format. Cheers!

Bowser N64
April 14th, 2008, 06:38
Hey! I don't have an r4 or anything. I have only Datel's Games N Music. It good for what I need to use homebrew for. I wanted an R4, but it has a bad rep with Nintendo, because it runs ROMS.