PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE] skyPSP Webcam Suite

califrag
September 16th, 2007, 05:40
http://www.califrag.com/skypsp/images/quick.png

skyPSP
Webcam Client and Server Suite for the Sony PSP

I am proud to announce the initial release of the skyPSP Webcam Client and Server suite for the Sony PSP.

What is it?:
The skyPSP Webcam Suite is a pair of applications which transform your PSP into a mobile webcam studio.

The client application allows you to view webcam streams on five of the seven continents, in over ten countries.

You DO NOT need an FTP server, or the GoCam!/ChottoShot camera for the CLIENT application.

Snapshots will be posted to my own FTP server and can be viewed at:
http://www.califrag.com/skypsp/

The server application turns your PSP into a mobile webcam, using the GoCam!/ChottoShot camera for the Sony PSP.

FTP server and the GoCam!/ChottoShot camera ARE REQUIRED for the SERVER application.

These homebrew applications are written in C and do not use HTML or the PSP's web browser.

Server Application - Controls and Other Information:

Edit the skyPSP.cfg file and add your own ftp login information.

Run the program, it will connect to the first network.
Once it has connected to the network, it will prompt you to connect the camera and press X.
Upon doing so your memory stick and wlan LEDs will flash wildly (saving the cam image, uploading it).
Visit your FTP via whatever url to your domain: the image will be saved as www.yourdomain.com/skyPSPcam.jpg

Client Application - Controls and Other Information:

Holding the L button when the program starts will save EVERY image to the ms0:/PICTURE/skyPSP/ folder.

Otherwise, if you would like to save a picture, press R anytime to save a snapshot into the ms0:/PICTURE/snapshots/ folder.

The folders will automatically be created so don't worry about that.

If you set up the FTP server information in the .cfg file, the snapshots will automatically upload to your own server.

If not, you can view snapshots at:
http://www.califrag.com/skypsp/
Note that everyones snapshots will be posted here and you'll have to browse through them.

Press R Trigger to take a snapshot (as described above)

Left and Right will change to previous or next webcam

Up or Down will enable webcam auto-cycle which will either go to the next or previous webcam after each refresh.

Press Triangle to stop the webcam auto-cycle.

Press X to enable "Theatre Mode"

Press O to switch between grayscale and color mode.

After startup, pressing the L Trigger will toggle between 1 and 2 second refresh.

There are over 40 webcams included in this release:
(and more to be added in future releases!)

North American Webcams
NA, US - New York, New York: Hawaiian Tropic bar and catwalk
NA, US - New York, New York: Hawaiian Tropic restaurant
NA, US - New York, New York: Hawaiian Tropic front desk
NA, US - New York, New York: Hawaiian Tropic front entrance
NA, US - Los Angeles, California: View of Los Angeles skyline
NA, US - Los Angeles, California: View of downtown LA
NA, US - Los Angeles, California: View of LAX airport
NA, US - Long Beach, California: View of the Queen Mary
NA, US - Burbank, California: View of Burbank
NA, US - Las Vegas, Nevada: View of the street
NA, US - Provincetown Massachusettes:
NA, US - Los Angeles, California: UCLA BruinCAM, Live picture of Dickson Plaza and Royce Hall
NA, US - San Francisco, CA: View of The Golden Gate Bridge
NA, US - San Francisco, CA: View of Alcatraz Island
NA, US - Maui, Hawaii: View of Waileaelua Village
NA, US - Unknown, Unknown: View of Sergio's Coffeeshop

African Webcams
AF, EG - Hurghada, Cairo: View of Colona Hurghada Jetty
AF, EG - Sharm El Sheikh, Sinai: View of Helnan Marina
AF, MU - Beau-Bassin, Mauritius Island: View of the street
AF, MU - Flic en Flac, Mauritius Island: View from a balcony

European Webcams
EU, FR - Paris, Īle-de-France: View of Eiffel Tower
EU, UK - London, England: Trafalgar Square
EU, UK - London, England: Aquarium Sharks
EU, UK - London, England: BBC Radio 1 Studio A
EU, UK - London, England: BBC Radio 1 Studio B
EU, SZ - Geneve
EU, UK - London, England: Norfolk
EU, UK - London, England: Manchester
EU, UK - Leeds, West Yorkshire: View of Millenium Square
EU, UK - London, England: View of Abbey Road Crossing
EU, FI - Helsinki
EU, FI - Tempere

Australian Webcams
AU, AU - Perth, Western Australia: Webcam 1
AU, AU - Perth, Western Australia: Webcam 2

Asian Webcams
AS, CN - Wolong, China: Wolong PandaCam
AS, RP - Manila
AS, KO - Hong Kong: View of Victoria Harbor
AS, KO - Hong Kong: View of Causeway Bay
AS, KO - Hong Kong: View of Victoria Park
AS, KO - Hong Kong: View of the skyline
AS, KO - Hong Kong: View from the Peak

This uses pgeFont engine by Insert_Witty_Name, which I've modified slightly (and released the modified source at psp-programming).

The graphics aren't polished as this is a BUILD 1 (alpha) release.

Also, due to the varying nature of the internet, when a webcam goes down and does not post images, it will cause the program the crash when you try to access that camera. Just wait and try it again later or on a different day. Unfortunately webcams aren't maintained as regularly as they should be.

Any webcams with images larger than 640x480 will crash the PSP. I plan to fix this and add scaling to future releases.

Please let me know if you have any troubles connecting to your networks
It will only connect to the first access point in the list.

Any questions please comment here or send any questions or comments to [email protected].

Video of Server Application:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh7cks5SawQ

EDIT:
I've also attached an updated EBOOT for anybody experiencing issues with the network connection.
It bypasses the sceUtilityCheckNetParam() calls which check to make sure a network even exists in the configuration.
This should solve some issues, but may open more up, as if you do not have any connections in your list, it will still try to connect and will ultimately fail.

I've also increased the timeout from a 5s timeout between connection states to 10s.

Please let me know if this helps solve any issues.

wonderthunder
September 16th, 2007, 23:41
So I Have A Chotto Shot, Now When U Finish This I Will Be Able To Talk To People And View Them With My Chotto Shot And They Can View And Talk To Me??

califrag
September 17th, 2007, 00:18
;)

wraggster
September 18th, 2007, 02:04
moving to PSP News forum :)

inflames90
September 18th, 2007, 02:32
Do I need to buy GTA lcs to be able to downgrade my psp from 3.03 to 1.50?

califrag
September 18th, 2007, 03:30
thanks wraggster :)

Safari Al
September 18th, 2007, 11:54

yes the unpatched versioon with the 2.00 update on it

SmashinGit
September 18th, 2007, 13:34

Or upgrade to 3.50 and use the Lumines hack to downgrade.

inflames90
September 18th, 2007, 17:11
How do I update my 3.03 to 3.50 then??

inflames90
September 18th, 2007, 17:25
Btw...do I need to BUY a game just to downgrade any 3.xx version...?

califrag
September 18th, 2007, 19:39
geez stop spamming my thread with this nonsense take it somewhere else. wraggster can you delete the OT posts?

blackrave
September 18th, 2007, 20:30
Awesome application, califrag! It's a shame the Go!Cam is almost impossible to get here in Norway, and the one shop I've seen that has it, sells it way over-priced. I will definitely get one, though, seeing your future plans. Thanks! :)

Also, I have a question: Will you be able to add your own web cameras in the future? That would be useful and cool. I would very much like to view cameras from my country, for example. Thanks.

(Yes, please stop with off topic questions, it's disrespectful. Take it in PSP Help forum.)

califrag
September 19th, 2007, 01:32
Thanks BlackRave for actually posting on topic! :) I would think that PlayAsia or SuccessHK would ship to Norway - I bought one from SuccessHK myself (in NA). In the future you'll be able to have a file called "camlist.txt" with a list of the URLs for your own cameras. Also, if there are any you would like to see permanently added to the program, just email me the link and I'll add it to the list (once I've tested it and make sure it is compatible). There are a lot of things that did not make it into this release, but will be in the next one.

blackrave
September 19th, 2007, 23:18
Thanks for the reply, califrag! As I said, your future plans are promising. :)

Thanks for the site suggestions. PlayAsia doesn't deliver to any European countries, but SuccessHK / SuperUFO seems to do, and offers the camera at half the price seen in retail stores here, so that's good (though the item is out of stock right now). It's on my to buy-list.

I don't have any specific cameras I'd like added at the moment, but I will if I find any interesting. Thanks again!

califrag
September 21st, 2007, 10:32
I have just updated the first post with the skyPSP Webcam Server application (a new release) which turns your PSP into a webcam!
Check it out!

ForcedToRegister
September 21st, 2007, 15:58
First of all, great app, works very well! Only 1 thing: it only boots in kernel 1.50, so it should be placed in game150 instead of game, or run with homebrew kernel 1.50. (At least on 3.51 M33 which i'm running atm).

califrag
September 21st, 2007, 18:51
ForcedToRegister - there are two different applications

The client application only boots on 1.5 kernel (right now), while the server application only boots on 2.7+ kernel (in this case set up for 3.52)

ForcedToRegister
September 23rd, 2007, 13:58
I know, i meant the client, i don't have a PSP cam yet.

Sullivan
June 10th, 2008, 15:00
Can anyone help me get this working on a server? I am having major problems, I tried in the past but failed. Qj forums suck at supporting things like this.

dangee
June 10th, 2008, 22:09
Great, been waiting a while for some G!oCam homebrew.
gonna have to try it out.