PDA

View Full Version : Mapthis for PSP Slim 3.60 M33

dcemuUser25
September 17th, 2007, 12:09
In case anyone has difficulty getting Mapthis to work on the new cfw like I had, this is what I tried and worked.

Mapthis 0.501 with the usbacc and usbgps prx's from firmware 3.00 decrypted on the slim using a Dumper by M33. Below 3.0, I got errors with the readings and above 3.0, it can't load. Press circle to decrypt.

Works with Mapthis 0.50 too.

BTW, I had a phat psp before and with the new one, I definitely feel like I get a faster fix. Someone might want to test it out. Would be interesting to know if that's the case...Certainly a good reason for anyone to upgrade. :-)

Hope this helps anyone that had difficulty and if anyone has anything to add, please feel free.

kamatschka
September 18th, 2007, 02:33
Youre using he original Sony GPS Device!!

It would be interesting to know where the RxD Pin on the Serial Port of the PSP Slim is located....

If someone knows it it would be kind to post it here in this thread so all of the PSP Slim owner who have the Holux GPS Device can try it out......

Or is some solution in sight to get the Holux throughout the USB port working?!

greetz kamatschka

deniska
September 18th, 2007, 04:24
I can confirm that mapThis works with M33 3.60 CF for slim with 3.0 FW encrypted prx files (usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx)
It did seem like it fixed a bit faster, but then again - this could be just a good gps day...
Will test more later...
Btw it wark with the modded mini-usb extension cable too (for psp-290 device)

I'll have to get a new remote control to check holux devices.. I would not be surprized if they stop working, since lot's of things there depend on 1.5 kernel calls..

Nieko
September 18th, 2007, 09:25
deniska: about those kernel calls for Holux GPS devices, did they simply disappear in newer firmware versions? I'm curious why it wouldn't work under, e.g., 3.x OE.

deniska
September 18th, 2007, 15:37
no all the stuff is still there.. you just can't use 1.5 API stubs bundled with pspsdk...
At least, I never was able to have serial port running in 2+ kernel (yet)

kamatschka
September 18th, 2007, 16:49
How about transmitting the data throughout the USB port?! Would it be possible ?! Or does the usbgps.prx only work with the original Sony PSP GPS Device...?!

It would be interessting to know what the difference between the psp-290 and the Holux Devices is....

What is the usbgps.prx doing?! Only a kind of interface to transmit the Data from the GPS Device to the Application running on the PSP.. or is there also some interpretation involved?!

Thank you in Advance...

deniska
September 19th, 2007, 00:52
psp is not a usb host.. read up on usb for more info..

nikkinguyen
September 19th, 2007, 01:33
I agree. It does seem much faster. Scrolling. GPS. I have fully switched over. The only problem is trying to get rid of the old version (which price has been depreciated). Might as well keep it.

Codaz
September 21st, 2007, 15:10
Deniska what about running Holux Mapthis on Eloader V1.0 ?

It has the 1.5 kernel.

jpc2
September 21st, 2007, 16:05
Hey densika i understand what you meen by it not being a usb host. But how does teh PSP290 work via usb. I did search but noting really came up for it on google and other search engines. From what i gather the psp gps sends teh data through the usb port. it gets its power from the two metal prongs. The PRX act as drivers allowing the psp to process the info. I know alot fo people ask this and i am sure you have tried. If at all possible could you direct me to some one who knows more about hacking prx and how they work. With the PSP homebrew community its hard to say anyhting is impossible.

PDG
September 21st, 2007, 16:12
Deniska what about running Holux Mapthis on Eloader V1.0 ?

It has the 1.5 kernel.

that should do the trick for the PSP-290, Deniska tried it and it works ;)