PDA

View Full Version : The Super Special Awesome Helicopter Game Clone Version 2

wraggster
September 17th, 2007, 22:23
News/release from Nielkie:

A new version of my Helicopter Game clone, made over the past few days when I was bored and didn't want to work on my main game (I need to rewrite the entire object code *groan*)

You can see the game scroll through behind the menu

http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/420/screenshot1hq3.png

New Features:
* Menu-ish thing.
* Multiple selectable crafts. (Helicopter, Planet Express Ship, F-22 and Superman)
* Multiple selectable difficulties. (Easy, Hard an Original (Where I tried to make it as close to the original game as possible, but it turned out to have an entirely different feel to it, so I couldn't put it with the others.)
* In-game MP3 Playback (Put MP3's in The game's directory, and cycle through them with L and R) (Sample Included ;-) ). (The downside to this is that to make the music play distortion-free I needed to clock the processor up to 333mhz.)
* The game will now save you best score to a file, so it will still be there after exiting the game.

Bug fixes:
* The gap in which to fly no longer gets smaller and smaller to a point where your craft does not even fit.

Tweaks:
* Wall generation code now much smother.
* Doubled the frequency of obstacles.

Credits:
Merick ( I think) for Gu Blitting code (For rotation of ship)
Button icons from dot_blank (I didn't ask permission, but I don't think he'll mind) (HERE)

So, Enjoy!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via nielkie (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-the-super-special-awesome-helicopter-game-clone-version-2-121297.html)

Anonymous D
September 17th, 2007, 22:36
cool update, liking the different ships, keep up the good work!

cal360
September 17th, 2007, 22:45
Hopefully this update is a lot better than the last one which I enjoyed very much :D.

mcdougall57
September 17th, 2007, 23:47
hey youve made a menu good stuff :thumbup:

Broonale
September 18th, 2007, 02:42
Thanks!

I really appreciate the Futurama Planet Express!

klx5
September 18th, 2007, 02:59
i really like the name it is super special aewsome

Johnny Rash
September 18th, 2007, 08:20
I was going to write a review before I played it knowing how awesome the last one was...

This one is so cool! I especially love the track you included. Good times!

The F-16 is especially kickass.

callsignAPOLLO
September 18th, 2007, 14:28
Great game, love the ships and runs smooth!! Thanks!! -Sisko:thumbup:

Johnny Rash
September 19th, 2007, 09:00
Rocklobster!

quiker
June 12th, 2008, 02:32
Can somebody who downloaded the psp slim version for this game upload it or contact the guy who made it so he can upload it, thanks:)

AdamRav
June 12th, 2008, 18:53
This game would be good if it had a online highscore table

like Stakker

wwboy
June 13th, 2008, 11:02
I get a 80020148 error when I start it

Ball_til_ya_fall
July 11th, 2008, 05:38
I get a 80020148 error when I start it
install the 1.50 kernal add-on from dark-alex.org and make sure u put the game in the game150 folder

AlexG1989
October 9th, 2010, 04:25
This game rocks... I've been playing it alot since I got it a few hours ago. It's really just like the computer Flash game I used to play during school... really awesome...

Yeah, old thread I know guys, but I just discovered this gem. I found a version of this that someone edited to make it work on the newer firmwares so it works perfectly on my PSP phat running Prome-2.... The one hosted on this site doesn't work on prome-2, I tried it and it just wouldn't run so if anybody wants a version of this that works on the newer firmwares... here's the link: http://www.consolespot.net/psp-homebrew-games/7898-helicopter-game-clone-v2.html

It's the 4th post in the thread.