PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Watch DS v2.0

wraggster
September 17th, 2007, 23:27
News/release from Retrohead (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=14166&sid=f09f268cd347e01e10ae1739969a05bd)

Hi guys,

I have not posted this here before but a few of you may have played version 1.0a of Shooting Watch DS about a month ago. I am posting here because yesterday I completed v2.0 of the game which is now available for download from the new homepage for Shooting Watch DS.

This new version has a vamped up slots mode which now costs coins to play and you can win coins. Coins are initially earnt by playing the Shooting Mode where you need to press the A button (or touch the screen) as fast as you can within 10 seconds.

Also new to this version is a shop where you can buy new icons and skins. The skins are just a little visual enhancement whilst you play the game but the icons have a bit more to them. You can transfer your scores over WiFi to the Shooting Watch Ranking table where your best score will be displayed along with the icon you purchased from the shop.

There appears to be some small issues with transfering data over WiFi and the game has a tendancy to lock up during this process. If this happens to you, reboot your DS and try to transfer again, this should fix the problem.

You can download the game from the official website download page which can be found here.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask. For those that played the first version, here is a quick list of what is new in this version.

** Version History **

v2.0
* Added score and progress saving via DLDI
* You can now win coins for playing Shooting mode or one of the Slot modes
* Menu system added
* Hi Score system implemented
* WiFi transfer to send your scores and recieve a worldwide ranking
* The top 10 ranked players from the website are downloaded to the DS after a WiFi transfer
* Removed being able to use stylus and A button at the same time in Shooting Mode which allowed cheating. You must now use the control method you start with*.
* Added a shop with the ability to buy skins and icons
* Website created to store scores, coins, exploded melons and icon selection for the top 100 players
* Audio Test menu added
* New rewards for playing games
* Can now see all the combinations to win on the slot mode

Download Here (http://files-ds-scene.net/shooting_watch/?s=download)

retrohead
September 18th, 2007, 09:18
Just letting you know that I released version 2.1 last night which should fix the WiFi issues. Check it out on the Shooting Watch DS homepage.