PDA

View Full Version : Links and how to instal mapthis in a psp 3.40 oe-a

SeTRoX
September 18th, 2007, 02:11
hello i see all this confuse, some times we get the links but no tutorial about how to install all.

so i request a new tutorial with the new version of mapthis and exclusive for 3.40oe PSPīs
and for the ppl who have the sony reciver gps 290

so if someone can tell us step by step
how to instal the last mapthis in the 3.40 oe
using the original psp 290 gps reciver.

try to tell us with the last version of mapthis!
Thx.

with the links and all so we can get a clear and easy new toturial.

deniska
September 18th, 2007, 04:26
copy the mapViewer folder (for psp-290) in to /PSP/GAME340 (take mapThis v0.5)

PDG
September 18th, 2007, 08:25
copy the mapViewer folder (for psp-290) in to /PSP/GAME340 (take mapThis v0.5)

If that does not help follow my tuts ;)

SeTRoX
September 18th, 2007, 11:03
the problem is that i try to follow ur video tutos but u dont put where to download each file that u use

SeTRoX
September 18th, 2007, 11:22
where i get the prx files for mapthis0501??? anyway i get somes from the forum i dont know if are the correct for this version.
ANYWAY i have install al and when i run the program with the 290 plugs i get like a fast 4 item list. and all says OK aftr that i get a fast kick to the psp menu.

whats goin on??

ToeRag
September 18th, 2007, 12:21
I also am confused ...

I have followed the directions, but they fall apart with version 3.40. getting the prx files.

I was never able to extract the files with the tools listed, as the latest version of the tool was suppose to support multiple versions, and claimed it was eaiser for noobs, but no matter where I placed the files it always reflected "corrupt data icon".

Anyway I was able to get the files from a thread, that claimed they worked and were fro version 3.40. After trying it they surely did work, so it seemed.

Now I'm stuck with the drivers loading all stating "OK" on the first blue screen when launching. How ever when I hit the square button and the GPS "ON" appears then the side bar info... the bar graph never shows any satellite strength. The data doesn't change.

I made sure that my WiFi was off, looked for the willy key cleaner but never was able to find that tool, to check my keys. For something that is suppose to be plug and play,... I've really been playing around trying to get it to work.

If the key is the issue, I don't know how I will be able to fix it, I don't know anyone with a PSP to get the key from... ???

can anyone point me in the right direction? It seems so close... yet without the GPS unit working it's just a DEMO to me.

I'll be putting my 290 on Ebay shortly....If I can't get anything working. I've tried this on both of my PSPs (both 3.40) same issues.

I tried the 290TEST program, the only thing that does is flash a green screen, with has 3-4 lines on it with the words error something -- flashes to fast to read, then ends...

Nieko
September 18th, 2007, 12:32
You can find Chilly Willy's key cleaner here: http://pspupdates.qj.net/KeyCleaner-v1-4-now-with-PSP-Slim-support/pg/49/aid/102578

ToeRag
September 18th, 2007, 12:44
You can find Chilly Willy's key cleaner here: http://pspupdates.qj.net/KeyCleaner-v1-4-now-with-PSP-Slim-support/pg/49/aid/102578

thanks!

ToeRag
September 18th, 2007, 19:19
just so I'm learn something, and I want to understand what I'm doing and why...

If fixing the keys works... is it because the correct keys are needed to decrypt the .prx files?

All my other homebrew SW works fine, I've never had to deal with these kinda setup things before to get HB to work.

soufstar
September 19th, 2007, 00:51
well guys I know what your talkin bout its the prx that keeps it from workin but I found this and it works jus fine wit the v5 chk it out all my 3.40oe users!!

ToeRag
September 19th, 2007, 04:51
I finally updated to 3.52 & M33 - and ran Key Cleaner -- fixed my troubles.

PDG
September 19th, 2007, 10:23
Im really confused *Lol*
Why do you guys insist on running a Stonehendgeaged Firmware, just toss in the 3.52 M33-4 one and i bet that solves all your problems as id did for meny other users.

My guides are based on 3.52 M33-4 Software as i stated in them :)

( Oh well i just checked and theyre based on 3.52 M33-2 but its still 3.52 Custom M33!!!!!! not 3.40 OE whatewer its too old anyways :) )

PDG
September 19th, 2007, 10:26
I finally updated to 3.52 & M33 - and ran Key Cleaner -- fixed my troubles.

Goodie goodie, that goes to show my tuts works ;)
Cleaning keys can be a variant for the users that added Custom Gameboots or have a Ta Mobo :)

Thanks Nieko i just added that cleaner to my last tutorial, i had another but two dosent hurt ;)

Havent tested them myselve but it seams that people get their PSPs running afterwards ;)
I never had to run them because i keep my PSPs clean from custom boots etc ;)

Nieko
September 19th, 2007, 12:45
just so I'm learn something, and I want to understand what I'm doing and why...

If fixing the keys works... is it because the correct keys are needed to decrypt the .prx files?

All my other homebrew SW works fine, I've never had to deal with these kinda setup things before to get HB to work.

That's a very good question, it took me a while to find some information about it (I was curious too:)).

See http://harleyg.net/docs/idstorage.txt for what IdStorage is and does. The IdStorage contains low-level information on the PSP, and contains these keys that sometimes have to be fixed. Some of these keys deal with USB, and if they're broken, I suspect that then some USB calls don't work anymore.

A simple USB connection to PC still works fine, but the GPS dongle cannot be accessed e.g.

There's probably more to this, but that's all I could find for now.