PDA

View Full Version : Dead pixel fixer Video link . uhh i think

shadowprophet
July 3rd, 2005, 10:41
http://psp-dev.1emulation.com/content/view/83/2/

Its in spanish, And my spanish isnt that good.
But from what i could understand of it.
Some team has brought out a video that fixes dead/stuck pixels
By flashing multiple colors very rapidly.
The parts i could understand where the video is twenty minuets long.
And dont watch the video. It could cause a epileptic episode.
Ive never had those. But im still not gonna watch the thing. I might try the video tho to see if it really does work tho

shizzle
July 3rd, 2005, 10:49
*dribbles and falls on the floor, twitching and frothing at the mouth*

shadowprophet
July 3rd, 2005, 11:50
:p told ya not to watch it lol :rolleyes:
Nahh I dont really think the video would hurt anyone.
But then ive never had a cezure either.
So Really, I would be careful, They say people that have never had those can, just all of the sudden have them by trying stuff like that.
Dont know about the rest of you guys,But im pretty happy about the fact i can play a game and not have to worry about things like that. So im not gonna go messing around with the laws of nature and try intentionaly to enduce one either.

"shadowprophet" Maybe hes just too paranoid :eek:

shizzle
July 3rd, 2005, 12:21
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/epilepsy.html

See if you do have epilepsy.

shadowprophet
July 3rd, 2005, 12:24
Nope im Good :)
But that was a really suave link bro :) thanx! I bookmarked it :D

Jdemon
July 3rd, 2005, 13:05
OK it's worthless, I figured as much. But it was worth a shot. Also even if it did work, it only flashes in the center of the screen. About 20-30% of the screen (on the sides) is left black the entire time.

shadowprophet
July 3rd, 2005, 13:08
Thanks Jdemon, I was just about to try it.
Since I only have two dead pixels, both of them on the top left and right of the screen.
Then the video does me no good.
Thanx for letting me know jde! :)

Monkeeboy
July 3rd, 2005, 13:24
Hi guys.

If you push the triangle button when playing the movie; then click on 'Screen Mode' you can stretch the video so it fits the whole screen. I have tried this already and I think it only fixes 'stuck' pixels rather than 'dead' pixels but it's still worth a shot!

Good Luck!!

Jdemon
July 3rd, 2005, 14:15
Duh I should've thought of that :rolleyes: Thanks Monkeeboy!! :D I'll test it...again.

shadowprophet
July 3rd, 2005, 14:38
lol yeah thanx monkee .

*Hangs his head in shame. I guess I was just too application minded to think of it like a regular video.

"shadowprophet" Cause he smacked himself hard, and it hurt:p

Cross
July 3rd, 2005, 15:49
interesting, and I seem to not suffer from Epilepsy

yakumo
July 3rd, 2005, 18:12
As I hought, it didn't worked for me and my PSP stuck pixels. At least I have no epilepsy, although I already knew it. Just only some parkinson and alzheimer though U_Uu.

Gamelver
July 3rd, 2005, 18:19
Edit....wait a minute, there's two pages for this thread :p!!!....anyway, since my psp has no dead/stuck pixels, I won't have to try this out :D

leggy
July 3rd, 2005, 18:39
The flashing video has been around for some time now - has anyone any reports as to if it workd or not?

CannedSoup
July 3rd, 2005, 18:43
Its bs it doesnt work.

Jeisu
July 3rd, 2005, 18:51
The only thing this would fix would be stuck pixels, not dead. Dead pixels are just that, dead. I also wouldn't be surprised if people stating they have dead pixels really don't have dead pixels, but rather just pieces of dust underneath the screen. To a part where you can't remove it from system operation procedures.

Now, I've not opened a US PSP yet, so I'm not sure if maybe they have more protection from dust, or I just had a bad case of luck with tons of dust particles.

Dust is most likely the cause of pixels that won't light up, since they are similar to dead pixels, but their light is being completely blocked out.
Here is an old old picture of my PSP back in Feb.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/JC2900/DSC00595.jpg

My flash from my digital camera back then showed tons of dust particles after a few weeks of playing. I figured that it may have came in through the square button. I've checked several US PSPs the same way, but only one came out looking a bit similar to mine after a few weeks. I'm curious if anyone else has dust problems?

I have no dead pixels, but it looks like I have 3.

shizzle
July 3rd, 2005, 19:42
yakumo, would you like some stem cells for your condition, i know a woman who will slap a few out for you :d