PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus-Lkb - Nintendo 64 Emulator for Windows

CoinCollector
September 19th, 2007, 02:54
via Lkb (http://daedalus-lkb.sourceforge.net/)

From the official site:
"Daedalus-Lkb is a modified version written by me, Lkb, of the Daedalus, an emulator of the Nintendo64 console written by StrmnNrmn with help from other people (see credits.txt).
Modifications introduced in Daedalus-Lkb, if accepted, are included in the original Daedalus."

Program info:
"Minor changes:
•Memory regions allocated with VirtualAlloc instead of new (ensures page alignment, automatically zeroes memory and is more efficient for large memory areas)
•Memory regions allocated with VirtualAlloc instead of new (ensures page alignment, automatically zeroes memory and is more efficient for large memory areas)
•Memory tables and registers declared in a different way to align them on 4096-byte boundaries

Major changes:
•'New' memory address resolution system: instead of indirectly calling functions, it reads a pointer from an additional table and adds the MIPS address. If the result is signed (above 0x80000000, in kernel space) it falls back to the old system, otherwise the address is already computed without any function call and with only 4 instructions except register loading (MOV, SHR, ADD mem, JS)
•Added another dynarec buffer in the last virtual 64 MBs of the main one - it is used to store code reached by conditional branches that must be predicted as not taken
•Modified SR_Emit_L?, SR_Emit_S?, ReadAddress, WriteAddress, WriteValue, EPILOGUE and the ESI/ESP caching code to use/generate code for the new memory system"

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

CoinCollector
September 19th, 2007, 02:56
Woops, sorry, I posted directly in the N64 News forum and not the Submit News forum! How did I even do that? I didn't think normal members could post in the News forums.

dark heart
September 28th, 2007, 08:49
normal members can post in the news section, i did.

CoinCollector
September 29th, 2007, 01:38
Oh, well, before you enter the forum, it says, "The latest Nintendo 64 Homebrew News & Releases can be found in this forum. Topics can only be started by Mods, Coders and Staff, anyone can reply however". I'm kinda' confused now....

dark heart
September 29th, 2007, 08:33
oh i see the problem, go to the submit news forum, the news is evaluated and then either put up on the homepage or rejected. (usually only rejected if it's offensive, hosts elegal wares etc...