PDA

View Full Version : ( W.I.P ) Project: HQM ( Mod for Quake Engine ) :: REOPENED

PSPdemon
September 19th, 2007, 09:02
This will be the thread for HR-D updates :)

ill post W.I.P pictures, and tell you what im working on as such.

currently on the "list to do before DE2 comes out"

-Finish all the models
---MC Set ( with hands for the FPS mode )
-------AR
-------Pistol
-------Shotgun
-------Sniper Rifle
---Covenant and other NPC players
-------plasma pistol
-------plasma rifle
-------needler ( maybe )
-Work on textures
---Animated
---Static

heres some previous pictures of what i was working on about a year ago for DE1... ( remember....these are a year old now )

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/PSPdemon/100_06822copy.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/PSPdemon/snap0008.jpg

you can post whatever you like....Questions or whatever ;)

ill be making a small bar on my site to show updates and progress as well :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

-----------------------------------------------------------

Update 1

Well... not much news on DE2, so im looking at other engines...

so far i have Q2 and Q1 but i dont know yet....

ill be working onwards and in worse cases...i can convert it to whatever engine i choose :)

-----------

Update 2

still moving onward.... hes a mapping update...

click here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=529486&postcount=8)

-------------------------------------

Update 3

reopened and working on it again.

now we have moved it to quake engine. and it has a slight name change which is HQM until a better name is suited ( but ill probably stick with it )

SO.... anything post #161 and on is current news... as everything has been discarded ( remodeling and retexturing.... hopefully for better quality )

mellowman
September 19th, 2007, 21:07
EGADS!!!!! Halo for the PSP..... DO NOT CORRECT ME!!! :rofl:

blackrave
September 19th, 2007, 21:51
Freaking awesome, PSPdemon! Looking very much forward to it, the DE2 looks amazing (for everyone else, search for its gallery) to work with. Do you happen to know circa when it will be released?

Good luck, you have my full support! I'll try to come up with suggestions for it. :)

PSPdemon
September 19th, 2007, 22:33
Freaking awesome, PSPdemon! Looking very much forward to it, the DE2 looks amazing (for everyone else, search for its gallery) to work with. Do you happen to know circa when it will be released?

Good luck, you have my full support! I'll try to come up with suggestions for it.

Release is TBA, because it all depends on when DE2 is released....or when i can get my hands on its map maker :)

right now, im just working on what i can in DE1 so when i make the move to DE2, itll be alot easier ( just have to make maps and add additions that may be included into DE2 ;) )

Right now im working on getting the set of hands in so that when your in first person....it doesnt look like your one handing a two handed gun...

The first release will probably be a basic release.....more of a demo if you will... itll have...

1 type enemy
1 gun ( i have to make sets since MC and AI/NPC's have to be handeled differently with each gun )
1 map - probably a little beta map to test things out ( weapons, enemies, ect... )

Im having a little trouble with MS3d exporting the MD3's correctly...though i may have a soulution ( though its time consuming.....but well worth it i suppose )

If anyone wants to help me find fanmade/user-created models ( not ripped from the game ) i would appreciate it... as i t would make the process easier and possibly make the release of this mod come out a little quicker ;)

Also, screnshots of exsisting maps or fanmade maps would help...and possibly pictures of the stylizing of the halo universe ( so i can make the levels and feel of the world feel haloistic )

Ill post updates as they come.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Briggzy11
September 20th, 2007, 03:26
Great announcement PSPDemon :) thanks for the heads up, you legend :)

Be3f
September 25th, 2007, 15:57
Nice photo/screen, PSPdemon! :thumbup:
BTW, I have a Dungeons engine 2 game concept too:

[POC] DeSpair
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5590/despairlogobe3fpv5.jpg

I have a concept (currently just in my imagination :) ) of the new game (DeSpair), based on DE2... :rolleyes: Something beautiful in techo-gothic stile (like Quake) + "fairytale" fantazy art elements (like Okami) with the classic hardcore FPS gameplay... :rolleyes: I hope, DE2 will be powerfull enough to realise the ideas... and I also hope, that I won't be too lazy :-)

P.S. And a music example: http://files.filefront.com/autumnogg/;8575779;/fileinfo.html to reach the aural nirvana in the Despair... :rolleyes:

cataphrax
October 2nd, 2007, 23:09
Arrrrrrg, why nobody use lte engine!?!?!?!?!?!?!

PSPdemon
October 8th, 2007, 07:13
well..... im working hard on this......im right now decideing which engine to choose....

but heres a pic of my latest work mapping wise.... it has place holder graphics on it right now... but ill change them when i get closer to finishing it..

can you tell me what it is? ;)

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/PSPdemon/zanzibar_windmill_with_placeholder_.png

more to come when i get it done...

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Kaiser
October 8th, 2007, 07:27
:)

Good stuff.

PSPdemon
October 10th, 2007, 02:25
Okay, im looking at a few things still....

Engine wise im undecided....so im going to ask you what do you think...

here are the choices so far...

-Quake 1 ( has both adhoc AND infrastructure :) )

-Dungeons Engine 2 ( unreleased )

-Quake 2 ( not so sure about this one.... since its still a bit buggy )

thats all the engine i know that are coming up or released and that are possibilities...

do please tell me what you think and what i should use :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Be3f
October 12th, 2007, 09:48
do please tell me what you think and what i should use :)
Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

I'd wait for the DE2 release... ;)

BTW Q2-port is also a good solution, McZonk is working hard on it and it's progressing fast...

Q1 is IMHO too limited and aslo still unfinished... :(

LTE2.0 is a bit buggy, slow and it's much harder to make the FPS based on it... And the project seems to be dead, there are no sources...

Iris - very early beta, cancelled project, no future... :(

kevintrooper
October 13th, 2007, 00:04
I took the time to make some screen shots of user created maps! well, will the mod be able to play over infarstructure? and will i require something else then a homebrew compatible psp?

the link to my public box.net which has the images: http://www.box.net/shared/q8ufblhqph halo PSP ROX :thumbup:

EDIT: well does that help?!

EDIT2: will there be wehicles, plz SAY YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PSPdemon
October 14th, 2007, 00:34
I took the time to make some screen shots of user created maps! well, will the mod be able to play over infarstructure? and will i require something else then a homebrew compatible psp?

the link to my public box.net which has the images: http://www.box.net/shared/q8ufblhqph halo PSP ROX :thumbup:

EDIT: well does that help?!

EDIT2: will there be wehicles, plz SAY YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

depending on which engine i go with.... i really can only do a multiplayer game.... otherwise i might void the GCUL.... which would get me a automatic shutdown or in this case... C&D ( last project like that i got shut down immediently )

you would only need a homebrewable PSP and a computer to run the server on ( as far as i know ) OR you can use adhoc ( if i go with the Quake 1 engine ) but it requires more than one homebrewed PSP

as for the help part....im needing pasically what the maps really look like on Halo one ( all standard maps with no mods to them.... and there texture qualities... ) my computer lacks so running halo is kinda bad on my system ( all settings reduced to none or low... rofl )

as far as Vehicles are concerend.... i dont see a possibility in that.... as none of the engine's im using use vehicles or meshes of anysort or really anything thats driveable for that matter.... i could add them in there...but they wouldnt be anything more than a object...

if you can get detailed shots of the original Halo 1 ( maybe Halo 2 ) maps ( and i mean detailed shots ) that would aid me alot in texturing and building of these recreation maps :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

PSPdemon
October 14th, 2007, 04:19
little update...

im doing my mod on Quake 1 for right now ( since its easy to convert to anyting so far.... )

if i decide to move to Quake 2...its gonna be really easy since i have most of the stuff done for the Quake 2 version anyway...

and say DE2 is released....agian it will be easy ( itll take the longest of the 2.....but its still easy :) )

anyway...heres the Quake 1 model converted.... enjoy :D

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/PSPdemon/Quake1modelproperlyskinnedandreadyf.png

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Dutt
October 14th, 2007, 05:23
Looking good so far mate..:)
Keep up the good work..

kevintrooper
October 15th, 2007, 00:29
no vehicles?! :( srry im a noob. so wat can u do?

buildit92
October 15th, 2007, 01:16
this is looking really good. i cant wait for this to be released. everything seems to be happening really quick and easy. keep it up! hey if you ever need a beta tester for single player or multiplayer, whatever, ill can do it if you need me. me, my brother and my 2 freinds all have homebrew enabled psps. but anyways.... i love what im seeing. your doing an awsome job and id hate to see this one not go through ( which it looks like itll be finished). keep up the good work!

kevintrooper
October 15th, 2007, 02:52
hey, cuz u cant use halo vehicles, could i design them?

buildit92
October 15th, 2007, 14:26
he cant use any vehicles. the engines wont allow them. it doesnt matter if you make them or not.

The King
October 15th, 2007, 14:41
yo if you need halo one map pics i can get you 2-3 good pics from the maps but using the first person view

also i could try halo 2 wich i have on my pc but its a little slow so i dont know i could try pm me if you want me too help

kevintrooper
October 15th, 2007, 17:01
no vehicles! that sux ****

buildit92
October 15th, 2007, 19:24
as far as Vehicles are concerend.... i dont see a possibility in that.... as none of the engine's im using use vehicles or meshes of anysort or really anything thats driveable for that matter.... i could add them in there...but they wouldnt be anything more than a object...

above, PSPdemon is saying that he could add vehilces but thed b objects and undrivable.

kevintrooper
October 15th, 2007, 21:16
above, PSPdemon is saying that he could add vehilces but thed b objects and undrivable.

i know!!! but he still cant copy them othervise he,ll be shuttdown. so like in halo 2 it shows posters of warthogs and model #. so i could make the previous one or so.

KevinTROOPER

buildit92
October 15th, 2007, 23:28
i think i no what your saying but im not sure though. r u saying like making posters of veichles or u can make the model for it?

PSPdemon
October 16th, 2007, 01:00
hey, cuz u cant use halo vehicles, could i design them?

as a texture? on the map or as a model? as i said....they wouldnt be anything more than a object.... you can drive them...sit in them...or anything.... just a visual object....

yo if you need halo one map pics i can get you 2-3 good pics from the maps but using the first person view

also i could try halo 2 wich i have on my pc but its a little slow so i dont know i could try pm me if you want me too help

if your computer shows the textures as they would on the xbox version..... please do take as many pics as you can ( mainly between texture changes and all the different areas of the map )

im using spark edit to get most of my idea of how they look.... but as far as Halo 2 maps are concerend...i have no way of viewing them

if you could as well get screenshots of halo 2 maps ( Zanzibar would be great ) please do that as well :)

i know!!! but he still cant copy them othervise he,ll be shuttdown. so like in halo 2 it shows posters of warthogs and model #. so i could make the previous one or so.

KevinTROOPER

right now.....i can make close replicas of them.... which is easy to do..... just takes more time than ussual...

NOW THEN.... as for a update... i have the AR in.... messing around trying to figure out what weapons ill be adding and what weapons i cant..

ill be editing the Quake source ( and depending on which version i can use....[ i have to ask PeterM ] depends on what i can add....

heres the AR skinned and ready

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/PSPdemon/arfinishedandreadyforimport.png

NOTE: i know about the hole in the front of the gun.....its missing polys....nothing to be woried about...when you seem them ingame....you really dont notice the hole at all... ( though if it doesnt look like when i run it on Quake....it just means me having to fill in the missing :) )

ill keep yall tuned as i go about...

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

kevintrooper
October 16th, 2007, 01:06
well, cool but, em,.... good job!!!!!:) it there gonna be 3rdpv

kevintrooper
October 16th, 2007, 03:50
i can take halo 2 pics better then xbox. well wat exactly u looken for? in single player are there gonna be scenes?

edit: can u make a moving vehicle with spartan or marine?

buildit92
October 16th, 2007, 20:33
this looks awsome. yea ill take some halo 1 pictures for u. (bloodgultch, battle creak, sidewinder) im alsmot done with sidewinder.

PSPdemon
October 19th, 2007, 23:57
i can take halo 2 pics better then xbox. well wat exactly u looken for? in single player are there gonna be scenes?

edit: can u make a moving vehicle with spartan or marine?

cant do a singleplayer game yet..... only multiplayer...

on halo 2.... im looking for small maps.... Zanzibar would be good and anything that size and down...

again.... Vehicles are not possible.... all i can do is add it in there for visual....but not interactive..

this looks awsome. yea ill take some halo 1 pictures for u. (bloodgultch, battle creak, sidewinder) im alsmot done with sidewinder.

on blood gultch and sidewinder....i might have a bit of a trouble.... i will have to make alternte versions of them due to the distance draw limit....

since the distance draw is shorter than i thought.... anything over the distance of say.....hang em high... gets cut out :(

so again....ill have to make different versions of those maps...

im working on animating the models currently.....its taking longer than i thought... since frames are handled differently than Quake 2

also..... CYGWIN doesnt seem to like me at all..... as i cant update or install the toolchain or get what i need for the Quake source.... though im still trying my best to get it working :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

buildit92
October 21st, 2007, 17:24
wait....so u stilll want battle creek pictures?

PSPdemon
October 22nd, 2007, 07:22
wait....so u stilll want battle creek pictures?

if you can :)

still pushing hard on the engine....updates will be slow until i learn more :p

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

buildit92
October 22nd, 2007, 21:30
ok! i will then. if you want any halo1 maps or anything from halo1 just tell me and ill get it for u.

wolfpack
October 22nd, 2007, 23:45
hmm looks like it could be a great mod when DE2 gets released.

nice work demon, long time no see ;)

blackrave
October 23rd, 2007, 00:23
It keeps looking and sounding even better, PSPdemon. Looking forward to updates. Go you! :)

PSPdemon
October 23rd, 2007, 06:54
little update....

i decided to see how the model would look at its closest possible view with skin ( cause if it would look really bad....i would redo it.... ) but for quake it looks prety darn good ( IMO )

heres the screencap of it running in-game ( purposely have it that way to view the skin )

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/PSPdemon/snap0006.jpg

more updates to come as i get them in

weaselboy246
October 23rd, 2007, 08:00
Here is that same model on QuakeDS (Sorry for poor image, this was my cellphone at 1AM)

buildit92
October 23rd, 2007, 15:24
looks likes its coming along great! i cant wait for this to come out!

weaselboy246
October 23rd, 2007, 22:35
Got access to better camera now, btw Armorhells are awesome. it's like armor and shells TOGETHER! :rofl:

parkermauney
October 23rd, 2007, 22:53
Holy win this is sexy. I can't wait.

kevintrooper
October 24th, 2007, 06:03
wait, cool, so its also working on ds? that would be awesome if there was multiplayer interactions

PSPdemon
October 24th, 2007, 07:06
update:

got the AR finished ( finnaly ) everything is done for the AR :)

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/PSPdemon/snap0013.jpg
sorry for the brightness......nothing i can do till i make a map thats brighter.

and speaking of maps.....its time i made one :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

kevintrooper
October 24th, 2007, 21:11
wait, cool, so its also working on ds? that would be awesome if there was multiplayer interactions

well......?

buildit92
October 24th, 2007, 21:30
dude this is looking awsome. give me like twenty minutes and i can have battle creek pictures for you readdy.

PSPdemon
October 24th, 2007, 21:59
well......?

yes.... i plan to try to make a DS version...

i will ofcourse have to omit things but its the general plan :)

dude this is looking awsome. give me like twenty minutes and i can have battle creek pictures for you readdy.

yay!

im looking at beaver creek right now threw SparkEdit.... but id like to see how it looks like without all those lines in full detail :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

cataphrax
October 24th, 2007, 22:09
Why does no one use lte engine 2.2?!?! It's not that buggy, plus its way prettier than Quake! Even still, it looks awesome.

PSPdemon
October 24th, 2007, 22:19
Why does no one use lte engine 2.2?!?! It's not that buggy, plus its way prettier than Quake! Even still, it looks awesome.

even so... LTE does have its problems.... as it lags terribly as well as theres no adhoc of any sort NOR can i put it to other consoles...

as well as the fact that i would probably have to alter way to much hardcoding.

Quake 1 was the best option to go with ( at the time ) so im sticking with it...

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

buildit92
October 24th, 2007, 22:26
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nbg2x2
47mgs of battle? or beaver? creek...i forget the name XD anywho... there are i think 150 pictures in there, around that many, from halo. all textures and everything are in there. hopefully thats what your looking for. :)

PSPdemon
October 24th, 2007, 23:25
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nbg2x2
47mgs of battle? or beaver? creek...i forget the name XD anywho... there are i think 150 pictures in there, around that many, from halo. all textures and everything are in there. hopefully thats what your looking for. :)

thank you :)

it gives me a good base to figure out placement of textures as well as architexture.

i think Beaver ( Battle ) Creek will be the first map ( since its the smallest )

still trying to figure out now the mapping format....seems to be fun...lol

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

buildit92
October 24th, 2007, 23:30
lol sounds like fun. if you need anything else please feel free to ask. id love to help with anything u ask for this.

cataphrax
October 25th, 2007, 02:29
What about Project Warmongers vers of LTE? If it, actually exists, it would be a massive step up from quake. Also Raptor 4 Engine?
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Raptor-3D-Version-4-Is-Out-Now-/pg/49/aid/61797

kevintrooper
October 25th, 2007, 05:24
hey psp demon, so will the ds version be able to play with psp?
that would be the coolest thing ever (and a first)

PSPdemon
October 25th, 2007, 05:36
hey psp demon, so will the ds version be able to play with psp?
that would be the coolest thing ever (and a first)

well... thats the idea :)

of course...i lack the DS so i have my DS tester try things out :D

anyway...might be a while before the next update... its gonna take me a while to figure out mapping...lol

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

buildit92
October 25th, 2007, 14:31
hey, im just wondering, are you going to be releasing a demo or something for this?

PSPdemon
October 25th, 2007, 16:28
hey, im just wondering, are you going to be releasing a demo or something for this?

yes

what will be included in it.....im unsure. ( just depends on how happy i am with it )

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Noobtaculus
October 25th, 2007, 20:42
is this for the ds or psp?

PSPdemon
October 25th, 2007, 21:35
is this for the ds or psp?

planning to do it for both PSP and DS ( ill probably make a PSP version first and then work on getting a DS version )

buildit92
October 25th, 2007, 23:52
Oh Sick. Hows the maps coming along?

PSPdemon
October 26th, 2007, 01:34
Oh Sick. Hows the maps coming along?

they are coming along..... i can make them.... but the part where you have to compile to bsp is where im getting stuck

but ill get it..... im determined to get it to work....lol

JPJunkie
October 26th, 2007, 10:31
OMG is this true!

Sounds Cool :)

buildit92
October 26th, 2007, 20:07
lol sorry for all these questions but another poped into my head. lol will you be playing against like grunts, jackles, and elites?

PSPdemon
October 26th, 2007, 20:46
lol sorry for all these questions but another poped into my head. lol will you be playing against like grunts, jackles, and elites?

no, as mainly there can only be one model..

im seeing about adding multiple skin support ( for different colored MC's )... i might as well work on getting MC in there before i stress out on mapping more....lol

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Cloudhunter
October 26th, 2007, 20:52
no, as mainly there can only be one model..

im seeing about adding multiple skin support ( for different colored MC's )... i might as well work on getting MC in there before i stress out on mapping more....lol

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

You should set up an IRC channel for this :p

Cloudy

buildit92
October 26th, 2007, 22:02
lol take your time no rush really....although i would like that demo... lol but no really take your time. the more time you put into it the better it will be.

PSPdemon
October 26th, 2007, 22:15
well... got MC in

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/PSPdemon/snap0016.jpg

screenshots bright case i wanted to make it so you could SEE the models.....lol

ive run into a little problem with the DS version ( to many verts... ) so ill be looking into fixing that...

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Safari Al
October 26th, 2007, 22:19
wow pspdemon this is looking amazing! great job!

buildit92
October 26th, 2007, 23:04
lol looks like its going great. ill get out of your hair now....until i think of something else to ask lol.

kevintrooper
October 27th, 2007, 00:41
dUDE U ROCK! this is insane! so 1 more question. will you be able to play ds and psp over wi-fi? and, when can we download the ps and ds version(beta/alpha) ?

weaselboy246
October 27th, 2007, 03:23
Hey look! Master Chief! :) He looks different than the PSP version due to limitations of 3D

PSPdemon
October 27th, 2007, 03:38
theres a reason for a model change on the DS version....

sadly.... DS has a verts limit... so my model from the PSP version couldnt be used and the base player model ( quake one ) had about the max vert limit on the DS.

so i did the only thing i could do..... use the Quake model and just skin it ( and rework the model a bit )

good news is that even though the 2 models are different.... it shouldnt cause any problems with local networking between DS and PSP

as i said.... DS hardware limits me vs PSP....so making a compatible version between the 2 will be interesting

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

kevintrooper
October 27th, 2007, 07:17
Cool!@

PSPdemon
October 28th, 2007, 02:39
Update: ( Thanks weaselboy246 )

QuakeDS Release 3 was....well.....released!

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77911

and with that...it fixed a few bugs that i was having with the DS version ( sprites not appearing, skinning on my models not working, verts limits, ect )

so the flamethrower on the DS now works, as well as the AR model :)

so here it is on the DS in its shinning and finished glory

( now i need to work on the PSP MC and figure out BSP compiling )

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

pianoman
October 28th, 2007, 03:09
looking great demon, there's some other guy out there who's also making a halo mod from quake, but his isn't exactly great lol. the game lags a lot, and when you boost the cpu speed the bots move crazy fast. his weapon mods don't look half as great as yours, :thumbup: but he does have a shortened down version of the blood gulch map. I can send you the files if you want. great job once again.

PSPdemon
October 28th, 2007, 03:27
looking great demon, there's some other guy out there who's also making a halo mod from quake, but his isn't exactly great lol. the game lags a lot, and when you boost the cpu speed the bots move crazy fast. his weapon mods don't look half as great as yours, :thumbup: but he does have a shortened down version of the blood gulch map. I can send you the files if you want. great job once again.

ive already played that version... i would say that he did a pretty good job.....but...there are problems

A.) his mapping is full of leaks

B.) skinning of models wasnt really done right ( or applied right )

C.) its a modification of CS:CA, and also includes those same files. which is illegal in terms of that you cant have a standalone mod ( shareware or full retail )

not that im trying to dis him or anything....just that it could have been done better :p

i give him credit for being the first however :thumbup:

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

kevintrooper
October 28th, 2007, 19:11
great job! wait, theres a flamethrower in halo? keep up the good work? could I, or all of us see a video of it working on the ds and psp?

Thanx,

KevTrooper

kevintrooper
October 28th, 2007, 21:47
sorry replying isnt working so i had to double post! well i found a program that might be useful :D!

http://www.pdc.me.uk/pbpunpacker.php

Cap'n 1time
October 29th, 2007, 18:23
Behold the wizard inspired map, Warlock!
I fear that it will have issues with draw distance. The map is complete but It isnt textured...

I'm also working on a midship (from halo2) inspired map, but once again draw distance may be an issue.

Nothing I make will be a direct rip from halo. All of my maps will look only similar to anything bungie did,

kevintrooper
October 29th, 2007, 22:48
nice job! cant wait to see it in action!

EDIT: PSPdemon, you mite want to change your front page of this thread and add new screenshots and update it!

thanx,

Kev Trooper

EDIT: Do i need the pc version of quake to play this? or just quake psp? or both? im confused! cuz the ds version needs to so do i require it for that to?????? :?

PSPdemon
October 30th, 2007, 18:47
EDIT: Do i need the pc version of quake to play this? or just quake psp? or both? im confused! cuz the ds version needs to so do i require it for that to?????? :?

yes, you need the RETAIL version of Quake. ( full )

its the only way youll be able to use this mod.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

kevintrooper
October 30th, 2007, 21:50
thanx demon!

I'll buy it then :D

EDIT: can anyone tell me where to find a cheap pandora battery? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

well one that is slim and phat compat!

PSPdemon
November 1st, 2007, 02:18
Heres the new Menu look...

its the best that can be done...due to paletes.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/PSPdemon/snap0023.jpg

more news as i finish

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

kevintrooper
November 1st, 2007, 04:04
great job on the menu!

wat about the ds one? and when r u gonna release a video?

PS: did u get my PM, demon?

thanx,

KevTrooper

kevintrooper
November 1st, 2007, 04:04
deleted.

Cap'n 1time
November 1st, 2007, 05:33
I personally dont think we should show the halo in the back ground.

kevintrooper
November 1st, 2007, 18:29
I personally dont think we should show the halo in the back ground.

Why?

Cap'n 1time
November 1st, 2007, 20:39
Why?

because all content is being made from scratch. Also I thought we were only simulating the gameplay of that certain "H" game. It is all up to PSPdemon, but we are much more likely to be contacted by MS (not so much Bungie, who are no longer part of MS Games) with a C&D claiming violation of IP if we use any of the content from the original games. Also I was hoping the story wouldnt even make mention of the Halo's, the covenant, or even the MC. Thats just asking for trouble.

kevintrooper
November 1st, 2007, 20:49
bungie isnt part of MS anymore? (or at least works with them)

to bad they cant make a "h" psp game

EDIT: hey could'nt the axe be replaced with the energy sword?? that would be so cool! and is there gonna be a flamethrower?

Cap'n 1time
November 2nd, 2007, 06:35
bungie isnt part of MS anymore? (or at least works with them)

to bad they cant make a "h" psp game

EDIT: hey could'nt the axe be replaced with the energy sword?? that would be so cool! and is there gonna be a flamethrower?

Wait and see ;)

In other news, im pretty happy with my midship like map. I have to give it a snazzy name still :p.

buildit92
November 2nd, 2007, 13:39
wow, i havent check this thread in a while and it looks like things are coming along perfectly! great job!

Noobtaculus
November 2nd, 2007, 14:58
koooool its going nicely

Cap'n 1time
November 2nd, 2007, 16:10
koooool its going nicely

Glad you think so :).

Listen, mapping is very easy, especially with gtkradiant. It's so easy in fact, that within the first 15 mins of use I pretty much figured out the whole damn thing. I might end up writing a quick tutorial on basic use of the thing. If anyone is interested in mapping please let me know!

Also, for you ubuntu users (like me). gtkradiant is a possibility for you too! here is a quick tutorial on how to set it up. (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=188250)

kevintrooper
November 2nd, 2007, 19:11
so could the axe be the energy sword

Noobtaculus
November 2nd, 2007, 19:31
Glad you think so :).

Listen, mapping is very easy, especially with gtkradiant. It's so easy in fact, that within the first 15 mins of use I pretty much figured out the whole damn thing. I might end up writing a quick tutorial on basic use of the thing. If anyone is interested in mapping please let me know!

Also, for you ubuntu users (like me). gtkradiant is a possibility for you too! here is a quick tutorial on how to set it up. (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=188250)

ya i used gtk and q3 radiant to build iris maps:

my guide (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76630)

maps:

wizard (halo) (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59713)
halocity (orginal by me) (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59466)

theres a soccer one im planning to release soon (there r sum screens on the site in my sig)

Cap'n 1time
November 2nd, 2007, 21:18
so could the axe be the energy sword

wait and see.

kevintrooper
November 2nd, 2007, 21:48
wait and see.

I was actually asking PSPdemon, cuz u know, hes them maker of this!

PSPdemon
November 2nd, 2007, 22:04
Originally Posted by Cap'n 1time

wait and see.

I was actually asking PSPdemon, cuz u know, hes them maker of this!

he couldnt have said it any better...... wait and see ;)

dont want to spoil everything yet :p

btw, to Noobtaculus, Q3 maps are very different from Quake 1 maps

im looking at what all Q1 understands from Q3 maps ( so far i think it can only read brush data....which is all i need it to read right now )

also....i found out if you duplicate objects.....they go haywire ( either disappearing or placed wrong )

its gonna be a bumpy road for mapping.......but ill get over it.....lol

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Cloudhunter
November 2nd, 2007, 23:06
Well, I've played a beta with some of the weapons and models - and it's very nice.

To show you how good I think it is - I have never played Halo, but yet I want it :p

Cloudy

Cap'n 1time
November 3rd, 2007, 00:10
btw, to Noobtaculus, Q3 maps are very different from Quake 1 maps

Even if he isnt able to just convert his maps, If he has made quake 3 maps than making quake 1 maps should be a snap for him.

BTW, I finished my lockout map, but im not sure how well sky box maps will work with limited hardware. We shall have to wait and see.

kevintrooper
November 3rd, 2007, 01:31
does anyone know were i can get a pandora battery for psp slim and phat? and no i do not need a memory chip with it

Cap'n 1time
November 3rd, 2007, 03:06
does anyone know were i can get a pandora battery for psp slim and phat? and no i do not need a memory chip with it

Dunno, but you'd be better off asking in an appropriate thread. Please dont go off topic.

I'm about to call it a night. I did some work on a longest map I am ingeniously calling "Lengthwise" (hur hur) And as mentioned before I made a lockout map thats inside a sky box, so hopefully you will be able to fall off and die just like in the real lockout map. Maps are coming along great! :)

kevintrooper
November 4th, 2007, 03:27
screenshots of any finished maps yet?

buildit92
November 4th, 2007, 23:04
yea any screenshots?

Cap'n 1time
November 5th, 2007, 03:57
Nope, no finished maps or pictures yet. I am not texturing these maps or adding any entities. that will be done by someone else down the road. I will, however, give you a current list of my completed(?) maps.

(Once again, these arnt exact clones, but they share similarities between the originals. I dont believe in cloning maps.)

It should be noted that I am taking a stab in the dark at what the PSP and DS can handle in terms of draw distance and what not. Some of my maps might not make it into some versions. There are possible plans to bring our project to other platforms btw :).

Lengthwise - Inspired by Longest from Halo 1
Lock In - Inspired by Lockout from Halo 2
Middle Ground - Inspired by Midship from Halo 2
Thinned Out - Inspired by Narrows from Halo 3
Warlock - Bastardization of wizard from Halo 1 and 2. (I might remove this map or remake it.)

I also eventually want to do either a Damnation or a Chill out based map... or both... or neither. I have no plans to make a Bloodgulch or Coagulation maps, they are both too big, and also I never really liked them. Dont ask.

PSPDemon has plans to work on two Halo 1 maps... both of which i love :P.

There is no telling who else will get involved with the project, but I figure the more maps and models the better. If anyone thinks they can help please let us know!

Also I'll try to keep you guys up to date on my work because I choose to. Other members or Demon may choose not to release any information. Remember, just because we arnt making announcements dosnt mean we arnt getting anything done. :)

kevintrooper
November 5th, 2007, 04:03
well is there someone who can make coagulation? it is one of the most popular ones!

PSPdemon
November 5th, 2007, 06:24
well is there someone who can make coagulation? it is one of the most popular ones!

Bloodgultch nor Coagulation are possible.

both are to far and both would clip out alot because of the max draw

again....a map the size of say....Hang em High.... is the biggest we can go.

also....i am working hard on it still.....just that im having my hands tied at the moment. ( ill be busy for probably a week..... so im not getting as much into right now )

not to worry however...im pushing on....... and as Cap'n 1time said...

Remember, just because we arnt making announcements dosnt mean we arnt getting anything done.

so just be patient :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

kevintrooper
November 6th, 2007, 05:42
:( ! video? energy sword model?

Cap'n 1time
November 6th, 2007, 16:42
:( ! video? energy sword model?

To quote many people who have done work before us:
"It'll be ready when it's ready" :) You can be assured that the energy sword is in the plans and will be worked on at some point though. Please be patient.

kevintrooper
November 8th, 2007, 00:36
still alive?!?!?!?

Cap'n 1time
November 8th, 2007, 06:43
still alive?!?!?!?

Please, you are starting to get annoying. Transforming the Quake 1 engine into a Haloish clone takes a while. There is all kinds of progress going on, we just arnt releasing it to the public. Be patient. We'll release things when we are comfortable.

Noobtaculus
November 9th, 2007, 20:25
ya stop bothering these wonderful hard working psp-ers.
they work to bring you great 3rd party psp apps and you rush them. patient much?

buildit92
November 12th, 2007, 20:11
hahaha, if u got alot of questions put them all into one post and let these people work on it, theyll post it as progress happens. be pacient and wait. i want it badly as u but u got to wait.

ruhtraeel
November 13th, 2007, 01:40
Hey pspdemon, you are probably capable of doing this if you really try, but try using either quake 1 or quake 2 for the engine of your halo mod. I think dungeons wouldn't be a good idea because it is so small, and you can't look up or down. Quake 2 and 1 really have more depth in the maps(literally), and it would be easier. I think if you really tried, you could make CTF, vehicles, zoom for sniper rifle, etc, but I understand that would be hard. These people have started on a halo mod for quake...www.sendspace.com/file/dgpajf, or www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZF7dwxg8cY But seriously if you made vehicles, zoom, etc. It would KICK ASS!!!! I hope you listen to my suggestions!

kevintrooper
November 13th, 2007, 05:21
Hey he's making it for quake 1! check all the screenshots (latest and the news!) He said he cant make vehicles :(

PS: this ones better because you can multi play with the ds and psp!

Hey demon, see those people made coagulation!!!!! and vehicles

ruhtraeel
November 13th, 2007, 05:23
sorry for the double post, but I think if there are no drivable vehicles, it would take a LOT out of the game. If you just add a vehicle model to the bottom of the screen in first-person and bind the model to the player when other players are viewing it, don't change the controls and define a certain weapon and destructability for it... Maybe you CAN make drivable vehicles! That would be SWEET!!!! Also, Couldn't you just get the retail version and package it with the mod? MAN I really wanna help with drivable vehicles but I don't know C... just visual basic. Damn.

ruhtraeel
November 13th, 2007, 06:22
EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Yp-6l6s3M, at 0:17-0:24, is that someone getting into a vehicle? The vehicle is glitched, but it proves that IT CAN BE DONE on a quake engine!!!!!! PLZ ADD DRIVABLE VEHICLES!!!!!

PSPdemon
November 14th, 2007, 01:07
sorry for the double post, but I think if there are no drivable vehicles, it would take a LOT out of the game. If you just add a vehicle model to the bottom of the screen in first-person and bind the model to the player when other players are viewing it, don't change the controls and define a certain weapon and destructability for it... Maybe you CAN make drivable vehicles! That would be SWEET!!!! Also, Couldn't you just get the retail version and package it with the mod? MAN I really wanna help with drivable vehicles but I don't know C... just visual basic. Damn.

we have already looked at the possibility of vehicles, THEY ARE POSSIBLE, HOWEVER, THEY WILL LACK ANY PHYSICS WHATSOEVER.

enough said people, we will not add vehicles. there is no real point to add them sinze all our maps are mainly small or have tunnels to connect them..... nuff said.

edit:

Also, Couldn't you just get the retail version and package it with the mod?

that would be illegal.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Yp-6l6s3M, at 0:17-0:24, is that someone getting into a vehicle? The vehicle is glitched, but it proves that IT CAN BE DONE on a quake engine!!!!!! PLZ ADD DRIVABLE VEHICLES!!!!!

you do know.....that when you get into the vehicle ( which isnt a vehicle at all.....just it taking the ring code and replacment ring models... ) from another players point of view...it would not work/look right.... thats why its bugging as such

also note that in the video, things farther down were getting clipped. we cant exceed that length else we will get clipping errors like those.

so, please, stop asking about vehicles.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

ruhtraeel
November 15th, 2007, 03:21
§hit. There go my hopes... The full retail version of quake... I'm looking forward to the finished product of the one on youtube though ☺

HaloBro35
November 24th, 2007, 03:22
Yo... Just wondering can't you just make a small blood gulch/coagulation? I can't wait for your product to come out, and sorry if I am being annoying, but Blood Gulch, Sidewinder, and all those other big lvls are like the best ones 2 play. Although the things farther down do get clipped, I wouldnt mind that too much, especially if playing on blood gulch/coag.
Another thing: I have an idea for sniper rifle, doubt its gona work tho, but cant you make 3 sniper rifles, a sniper, a sniper 4x, and a sniper 8x, and have the 4x and 8x's views act as a zoom?

By the way, I'm seriously hoping your halo mod will be better than the 1 on youtube, because the textures on that 1 suck. Anyway, I appreciate what you do and thanks =)

PSPdemon
November 24th, 2007, 04:33
HaloBro35,

Sniper Rifle added ( code wise ) so if you pick up the sniper rifle, you have the zoom levels :)

as for textures and such, we havent hit that yet....but im guessing we will have a bit of a fun time with that one....

Rocket launcher model has been made and coded, however, im not liking how the skin acts on it....so i have to figure out how im going to handle that one

Skin chooser has been implemented.

Flamethrower is now more "fair" than it was before ( could kill someone in like.....2 seconds....lawl, and had infinite ammo xD )

some sounds were added, but need a tad bit of editing to sound right :)

thats it for now,

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

edit:

on the mapping subject, we will make variant bloodgultch and maybe sidewinder maps ( not anywhere near related, but some vagely resembling areas, like a base... or somthing.....

Cloudhunter
November 24th, 2007, 10:26
Looking good :)

Cloudy

HaloBro35
November 24th, 2007, 15:33
NICE! Good job, looks pretty good right now :)

Edit 1
By the way, Although you said any vehicles will lack any physics, wouldn't it be possible to make them have physics by changing sv_gravity or something? For example for the banshee when you enter in it, you get a specific weapon (the one just like the banshee's) and then change the gravity to sv_0 making it possible to fly. anf for the ghost somehow increase speed when you enter and make gravity 1000 making it impossible to jump with it or something. Just an idea though.

Edit 2
Another thought, just wondering is it going to be the same health system as the real halo (shields and such) or just quake health?

PSPdemon
November 24th, 2007, 23:22
By the way, Although you said any vehicles will lack any physics, wouldn't it be possible to make them have physics by changing sv_gravity or something? For example for the banshee when you enter in it, you get a specific weapon (the one just like the banshee's) and then change the gravity to sv_0 making it possible to fly. anf for the ghost somehow increase speed when you enter and make gravity 1000 making it impossible to jump with it or something. Just an idea though.

already tried vehicles, they are a hassle to get to working and flying vehicles are out of the question.

most maps will not be large enough to support a vehicle...and will probably cause massive lag ( and pak overflows ) in the end result.

Another thought, just wondering is it going to be the same health system as the real halo (shields and such) or just quake health?

itll just be like Quake ( except a few things altered to look better :P )

ill look into making a reasonably decent layout ( hopefully ) for it....

anyway, back to work i go :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

ruhtraeel
November 28th, 2007, 06:57
Damn, no vehicles. It would be fun if it was like Starsiege: Tribes, where you shoot vehicles out of the sky with your chaingun or rocket launcher... Yea people would rather see coagulation with clipping issues than none.

ruhtraeel
December 1st, 2007, 01:08
Hey, just wondering, will there be automatic/manual turrets or anything other than the player itself?

HaloBro35
December 1st, 2007, 04:31
Hey, seems like youv'e been workin on this for quite a while now, when do u think a beta will be released? cuz i cant wait =)

Produkt
December 2nd, 2007, 16:52
Well well well...

What do we have here? I guess I aughta whip something up for you bud. I think I still have some .map files from our goof off sessions. too many tris for the DS but it'll run fine on the psp

Have fun guys.

ruhtraeel
December 6th, 2007, 04:23
The halo on youtube is getting pretty good... O_o
http://beta.pesepe.com/story/halo-psp check out the prison picture with the teal and the needler

Noobtaculus
December 6th, 2007, 17:51
so im guessing that u hav 2 register to download it...can sum1 upload it here?

HaloBro35
December 9th, 2007, 02:21
Well, seems like no one updated this in a while... Guess that means a lot of work got done I hope =) btw good job so far, keep it up, becuz i still think yours willl turn out better than 1 the 1 on youtube, cuz that guy only puts like 2 weapons on 1 map.

kevintrooper
December 9th, 2007, 05:30
Well, seems like no one updates this in a while... Guess that means a lot of work got done I hope =) btw good job so far, keep it up, becuz i still think yours willl turn out better than 1 the 1 on youtube, cuz that guy only puts like 2 weapons on 1 map.

NO! this is a different project so search it on the web! any updates Demon?

HaloBro35
December 9th, 2007, 06:03
NO! this is a different project so search it on the web! any updates Demon?
Yes i know that.... you just understood what i was trying to say in the wrong way, what i mean is that PSPDemon is probably working hard on the project and that it will probably turn out better than the one on youtube... anyways yea any updates?

PSPdemon
December 9th, 2007, 06:25
sadly....ive been delayed with alot of work on my hands.....so no real updates....

also, if i dont get a reply soon....this project may go temp to perm hold... :(

im looking into DE2's mapping and modeling system......hopefully ill find out somthing about its modeling and maybe make everything ready for moving over into DE2 ( then all thats left is a bunch of maps :) )

also could produce cleaner and better results.... but who knows..... as i said...this all depends on what happens.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

ataxy
December 9th, 2007, 21:20
wow that seems like an interesting project you got there

ruhtraeel
December 9th, 2007, 22:09
So if you are moving it to dungeons, does that mean there will be vehicles? I dunno about this, cause the last dungeons is all just square rooms and hallways with low roofs, no jumping, 1 weapon, and no looking up or down. Just wondering if this would be a good idea...

Anonymous D
December 9th, 2007, 22:55
you are refering to dungeons 2 as in the one that was released as a kinda demo a months or so back with the stairs? fromwhat i saw 2 has a lot more features, so moving to it would be a good thing

UltimaDude
December 13th, 2007, 19:16
I think moving to Dungeons 2 is a better idea, It will probably have improved graphics, but will it also work on DS if it will, Me and my friends could have tournaments :D

PSPdemon
December 14th, 2007, 00:32
So if you are moving it to dungeons, does that mean there will be vehicles? I dunno about this, cause the last dungeons is all just square rooms and hallways with low roofs, no jumping, 1 weapon, and no looking up or down. Just wondering if this would be a good idea...

god...you people are so persistant on vehicles....

im not talking about DE1, im talking about DE2 ;)

difference between the 2 is quite massive... as said by the other 2 below your post

you are refering to dungeons 2 as in the one that was released as a kinda demo a months or so back with the stairs? fromwhat i saw 2 has a lot more features, so moving to it would be a good thing

yup, i mean DE2 :D

i would modify the demos....hoever, since the mapping is custom based....it wouldnt exactly be easy to do maps ( however i might be able to do the models in the mean time... )

I think moving to Dungeons 2 is a better idea, It will probably have improved graphics, but will it also work on DS if it will, Me and my friends could have tournaments

sadly, thats the problem with the move... i cant make it cross platform ( unless charnold makes the game open source ).

as for graphics....ill try to make a example in how much better in quality the game can be ( id say atleast a 5x better quality difference )

ill try to do modeling tonight ( ive had problems in the past with modeling.....its proven to be hell on converting ( since it seems DE1 does something special with the MD3, cuase i cant get MS3D to export the model to be read in DE1 )

hopefully we will see DE2 soon :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

HaloBro35
December 14th, 2007, 03:31
Sounds good... I just hope the controls are like quake and it is like quake (I.E. Crosshair and movable aiming). Also Multiplayer vs infrastructe/ad-hoc is a MUST, cuz that would be like the only way to have a lot of fun with it... maybe a campaign. I just hope DE2 has all those things, anyways good job so far keep it up :)

ruhtraeel
December 14th, 2007, 05:05
1. Yes, WE REALLY WANT VEHICLES!!!!
2. DON'T QUIT LIKE THE OTHER PEOPLE THAT SAID THEY WERE MAKING SOMETHING INSANE AND LEFT IT
3. Are you even considering campaign or co-op? Or is that just out of the question?
4. If you move to DE2, will you need a full retail version of anything? Cause if you don't DO IT!!!

pianoman
December 14th, 2007, 12:03
Sounds good... I just hope the controls are like quake and it is like quake (I.E. Crosshair and movable aiming). Also Multiplayer vs infrastructe/ad-hoc is a MUST, cuz that would be like the only way to have a lot of fun with it... maybe a campaign. I just hope DE2 has all those things, anyways good job so far keep it up
He said himself (I think) that there will be no campaign.
And if he switches over to dungeons 2, there probably won't be infrastructure for sure, but ad-hoc may be possible. He probably will be making singleplayer, but no campaign.

1. Yes, WE REALLY WANT VEHICLES!!!!
2. DON'T QUIT LIKE THE OTHER PEOPLE THAT SAID THEY WERE MAKING SOMETHING INSANE AND LEFT IT
3. Are you even considering campaign or co-op? Or is that just out of the question?
4. If you move to DE2, will you need a full retail version of anything? Cause if you don't DO IT!!!
You're being really annoying (no offense or anything). Please stop bothering Demon about vehicles, he's busy with work, and he already announced that he probably won't make vehicles. so if you still like the game with vehicles or not than stay, but he's not making any promises. Plus I don't think Demon is giving up on this one so just chill out a bit and let the man do his work. Also no, he wouldn't need a full retail cause that would be illegal; he already mentioned this before also (I check this thread to often lol.

kevintrooper
December 15th, 2007, 20:43
NO DS???? NO Multiplayer????? THATS GAY!

Safari Al
December 15th, 2007, 21:10
NO DS???? NO Multiplayer????? THATS GAY!

good lord his name is "PSPDemon not DSDemon and did the original have multiplayer? No. Stop complaining

kevintrooper
December 16th, 2007, 20:45
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

HaloBro35
December 17th, 2007, 20:10
Although kevintrooper is acting like an idiot when he said that... I still think he's right because if this doesnt have multiplayer then.... i duno its just not halo.. If moving it to DE2 means no multiplayer... then stay with quake 1... cuz no multiplayer would suck.

kevintrooper
December 22nd, 2007, 17:19
:d

Safari Al
December 22nd, 2007, 19:47
please just please STOP COMPLAINING!! It's all pspdemon's decision on what's going to happen with the game :mad:

HaloBro35
December 25th, 2007, 05:19
Sorry about that... didn't mean to complain... i was just sayin what was in my mind at the time... i still appreciate how PSPdemon is workin hard for us.... And by the way... any updates?

HaloBro35
December 25th, 2007, 19:30
Hey can anyone give me a link to this DE2 story thing or whatever or somewhere i can download it... cuz I tried to google it and I didn't find anything...other than a bunch of DE1 mods. Can anyone help me out?

*Edit*Nvm, I found the dungeons 2 stairs thing and the gallery... and I must say I am amazed... the textures are way better and look a lot more professional than DE1.... and plus as far as i can tell you can move around a lot more freely than DE1.... the only problem is multiplayer... but i take back what i said before, moving it to DE2 would be very good because that would make the game a lot more playable and cleaner. anyways keep this up :) Another thought just came to me right now... but i was wondering since ure movin it to DE2 would it be possible to make bigger maps?

ruhtraeel
December 27th, 2007, 05:07
yo pspdemon, you still alive?

HaloBro35
December 27th, 2007, 19:00
Any updates?

Noobtaculus
December 29th, 2007, 18:03
upd4t35? pl34s3? ok no updates yet...:(

HaloBro35
December 30th, 2007, 03:12
erm is pspdemon dead?

parkermauney
December 30th, 2007, 20:29
He's been gone for a pretty long time now.
Every keeps looking for him in IRC.

ruhtraeel
January 9th, 2008, 05:40
Yup, pretty sure pspdemon is dead :'-(

PSPdemon
January 9th, 2008, 05:59
nah.... im here

however, the project is temperarily dead until DE2 or until i figure out a fix for speedup's and overflow issues.

i haven't really been active nor on the computer that much... so i havent had time to really sit down and work more on the mod like i use to.

Don't worry though..... this project isnt dead.....if anything its a long term project that i do eventually plan to finish.

hopefully charnold will get DE2 on the roll so i can start using his engine :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Cloudhunter
January 9th, 2008, 08:29
nah.... im here

however, the project is temperarily dead until DE2 or until i figure out a fix for speedup's and overflow issues.

i haven't really been active nor on the computer that much... so i havent had time to really sit down and work more on the mod like i use to.

Don't worry though..... this project isnt dead.....if anything its a long term project that i do eventually plan to finish.

hopefully charnold will get DE2 on the roll so i can start using his engine :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Lies! I know it's from too much Rez ;)

Cloudy

HaloBro35
January 10th, 2008, 00:36
Aww.. O well.... By the way why don't you just e-mail him and ask him about mapping and his engine etc... If you don't know his e-mail i can tell you his site or give it to u cuz his e-mail is there

PSPdemon
January 10th, 2008, 02:06
I've tried emailing him... but i have yet to get a response back.

i know he had plans for supporting other model formats and i know his mapping engine is going to be very different than DE1 and any regular mapping program.

until i know more about DE2, i cant really do anything. i love MD3 for its non-jello models.... but i hate it because none of my models work in his engine ( but work on Quake 3.... for some odd reason )

i just hope i get to either hear from him or see new news about DE2.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

ruhtraeel
January 10th, 2008, 03:26
Damnit, I was hoping this wouldn't happen. People always say they are starting an awesome project, but never follow through on it... Couldn't you just switch back to Quake 1? You could maybe use the new Counter-Strike 0.7 quake mod engine that was released recently? It has way better graphics and really smooth gameplay, along with more weapons and features.

ruhtraeel
January 10th, 2008, 03:44
UPDATE on jomart2000's halo for psp, 1 word: OMG.
http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=7FXV0v75i_Y&feature=related

PSPdemon
January 11th, 2008, 02:07
thread locked as of now.

the project is dead until further notice. no need to leave open due to no progress being made anymore.

sorry to disappoint anyone who wanted to see the mod released.

as mentioned above, jomart has done a mod based on quake, which looks to be going well. so... if all else fails, you still have a quake halo mod :p

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

PSPdemon
July 19th, 2008, 14:13
project discussion re-opened.

HQM is back in the works ;)

currently im remodeling all of the models and ill try to shrink it as much as possible without any loss of quality.

ill announce more when i get more done ( preferable to where we were..... )

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

-------------------------------

for anyone lost.... we will be using the quake engine.... and we will probably stick with slim version only ( but we will try to make a phat version as well )...... we will also try to make it on DS :)

Noobtaculus
July 19th, 2008, 14:31
zomgz w00t. thats awesome. thanks for not giving up =)

PSPdemon
July 20th, 2008, 18:17
eh... wasnt planning on giving up

had alot of work to do between times and knew i wouldnt have alot of time ( even now im still in a crunch... but im having a bit more free time finally )

in the meantime of the projects stop in progress... i learned a few things that would aid in the mod... like correctly modeling... learning more about texturing.... and mapping in general.

hopefully ill get back to where i was soon :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Noobtaculus
July 20th, 2008, 18:35
well thats good news anyways :). on an off topic note, i know that you didnt want to do anymore with Iris, but is there any chance you could release the source for it? couldnt hurt, right?

openboxfilms
July 29th, 2008, 08:25
Thank you so much demon. By the time I found out about this project, it was closed.:thumbup:

HaloBro35
August 15th, 2008, 18:15
Wow! It's back! I wasn't expecting this! Do you do all the QC Coding and modelling and mapping all by yourself? Because if you do, that is awesome.

EDIT: Hey PSPDemon, Maybe you should use this Quake mod as your base engine: http://www.bladebattles.com/kurok/

It's got a lot of nice additions like skyboxes, fog, colored lighting, etc.

PSPdemon
August 15th, 2008, 21:11
i am planning to use that engine, because it has alot more features ( and is alot more stable ) than the other engines i was dealing with.

With it, im pretty sure a recreation of Blood Gultch would be very easy to do.

Ill disect the paks and figure out what he all did to it...then base my modifications on that :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

HaloBro35
August 16th, 2008, 05:01
Hey PSPDemon check this out: http://www.haloportable.tk/

This Halo mod hasn't started much but they have a team built and started a few models. They are using the kurok engine.... I think MDave gave them the v0.4 as of now so they have skyboxes and everything. They are lacking a QC Coder and probably someone to help the modellers and textures in finishing the models and animating them.

I know you are most likely going to refuse this, and it's completely your choice, but maybe you can work with them to make a Halo Mod.

Once again it is completely your choice they just asked me to try and find a good QC Coder and stuff.

On topic: Did you start any maps yet?

mrgreezy3
August 16th, 2008, 12:59
Hey PSPDemon check this out: http://haloportable.forumup.co.uk

This Halo mod hasn't started much but they have a team built and started a few models. They are using the kurok engine.... I think MDave gave them the v0.4 as of now so they have skyboxes and everything. They are lacking a QC Coder and probably someone to help the modellers and textures in finishing the models and animating them.

I know you are most likely going to refuse this, and it's completely your choice, but maybe you can work with them to make a Halo Mod.

Once again it is completely your choice they just asked me to try and find a good QC Coder and stuff.

On topic: Did you start any maps yet?

please help us out over there pspdemon i kno your a busy man but we really could use a champions hand yah kno. right now all we really need is a coder and someone that can texture these guns they have Because we are having alittle Problems Please Just check the Site Out and Let Us Kno , and Yes We are Making this Mod Based Upon Kuroks Engine actually this mod started on Mdaves Page Bladebattles.com/ in the Forums By me But anyway Please just get back to us:thumbup:

http://haloportable.forumup.co.uk

kevintrooper
August 19th, 2008, 20:59
project discussion re-opened.

HQM is back in the works ;)

currently im remodeling all of the models and ill try to shrink it as much as possible without any loss of quality.

ill announce more when i get more done ( preferable to where we were..... )

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

-------------------------------

for anyone lost.... we will be using the quake engine.... and we will probably stick with slim version only ( but we will try to make a phat version as well )...... we will also try to make it on DS :)

*GIVES DEMON THE BIGGEST HUG EVER!* Was this becasue i said that in the news forum?

Once you're done with this, could you help me make Nexuiz Portable? And since Sony is giving away the PSP SDK for students, how could that influence this game/mod?

kevintrooper
August 19th, 2008, 21:40
Wow! It's back! I wasn't expecting this! Do you do all the QC Coding and modelling and mapping all by yourself? Because if you do, that is awesome.

EDIT: Hey PSPDemon, Maybe you should use this Quake mod as your base engine: http://www.bladebattles.com/kurok/

It's got a lot of nice additions like skyboxes, fog, colored lighting, etc.

Awesome engine!

kevintrooper
August 21st, 2008, 22:14
Bump, anyone there?

Noobtaculus
August 21st, 2008, 22:16
Yup.... waiting T_T

2dumb2live
August 27th, 2008, 02:01
this is great there is so much thing being brought up again im happy about this!!

2dumb2live
September 13th, 2008, 06:55
im sry to report but someone has reported this project to bungie, i just found out. im sry for this, i was really looking foreward to this mod! DAMN YOU REPORTERS!!

Noobtaculus
September 13th, 2008, 17:51
Does that mean that this is over? Did Bungie say that this should be stopped? That wouldn't make sense because whoever reported it would have to stop their psphalo project too. Have faith! :p

2dumb2live
September 13th, 2008, 22:32
no i mean someone that i know said they saw the project here and wanted it stopped or something an antiplaystation person, i dont remember all i remember id getting an email from someone saying i saw you on this site and blah blah and they said they were reporting it and they wanted me to tell you guys. i dunno probably a fake nosey person bustin ur balls

Eviltaco64
September 14th, 2008, 00:12
I think that "Bungie" would contact PSPdemon in person if they wanted him to stop the mod (if not, do you have any proof that they want him to stop?).
And dont be impatient, PSPdemon has actually been working pretty damn hard on this mod from what I've seen, and keep in mind that modding the Quake engine to suit a much more demanding game like Halo isn't easy.

The mod will be out whenever PSPdemon wants it to be out, end of story ;).

2dumb2live
September 14th, 2008, 17:29
i guess he was trying to jerk my chain, he was probably trying to get a rise from everyone sry for bothering you, ill sit on the sidelines and wait!

Eviltaco64
September 14th, 2008, 18:14
i guess he was trying to jerk my chain, he was probably trying to get a rise from everyone sry for bothering you, ill sit on the sidelines and wait!

Nah, it's alright ;)
It's just that if you're gonna say stuff like that, proof is a necessity.

2dumb2live
September 15th, 2008, 01:51
yeah i guess so i just got a little rattled i did not want to get this shut down.. i just wanted to give you guys a heads up just incase.