PDA

View Full Version : DS Lite hits 700k in Australia

Shrygue
September 19th, 2007, 16:32
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=28796)

Nintendo has achieved over 700,000 unit sales of the DS Lite in Australia, with the Wii also continuing to "perform well."

Director of sales and marketing Rose Lappin also announced the company's software line-up for the rest of the year, which includes The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for the DS.

"This promises to be one of the most exciting times for the video game industry, I cannot remember a time when there were so many quality titles released that delivered to everyone."

Forthcoming Wii releases in the territory were also detailed, and include Big Brain Academy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles.

This news comes at a time when Nintendo products are enjoying significant success globally, both in the hardware and software sectors.

paul3100
September 19th, 2007, 17:52
I think its great that nintendo are doing so well after the sadness of the Gamecube! and that so many ( quality ) titles are coming out on both systems.

I only own the DSlite so really only care about that as i personally thing the WII is about 5 years in the past when it comes to hardware and the game titles mostly for BOTH are just pure childish! :eek:

Nintendo are careering mostly for kids so i guess i can't pick on them for that but i have to say considering there is so many units of DS being sold that we don't have more and better quality HOMEBREW out by now.

Ok so here is the point where all you reading say " like to see you do any better " and thats true i can't! but would happily give £££$$$ so some one making a decent emulator or GAME/app

Basically blabbing on a bit here but mu point is that with 100000000000000 or ds's being sold i thought we would have the best of the best by now for ds homebrew as psp seem to have! and yes i know psp is a faster/better system technically but the ds has not been pushed any where near its limits yet!

So no flaming me people :thumbup: everyone is entitled to his.her opinion however right or wrong it is. And i can't do any better but would unlike so many others put my £££$$$ where my mouth is to support any budding new DS programmers.

paul ([email protected])

wiggy fuzz
September 19th, 2007, 17:55
but nintendo's childish games happen to be great for teens, adults and grans

what i don't like is EA games trying to ride off nintendo's sucess with "cute" games like boogie and mysims... and failing at those too

paul3100
September 19th, 2007, 18:19
would you not like though " wiggy fuzz " to see just some games " gta/fear " and or some other grown up titles hit the DS?

And when i say grown up i don't mean tiger woods or splinter cell which were CR*p but some good adult fun and good game play!

paul

stevo11185
September 19th, 2007, 18:25
would you not like though " wiggy fuzz " to see just some games " gta/fear " and or some other grown up titles hit the DS?

And when i say grown up i don't mean tiger woods or splinter cell which were CR*p but some good adult fun and good game play!

paul

SEXY GAMES FTW