PDA

View Full Version : The venters Circle.

shadowprophet
July 3rd, 2005, 19:39
Okay heres the deal.
I opened this thread. For no reason other then it was my eightieth post at the time and i wanted an even number,

And I feel There should be at least one open thread where people can come in and just , exspress there opinions on anything and everything,

Im sure the rules would still apply about flameing/spamming.
But I believe this thread should be used as a creative/exspressive outlet for anyone that's got somthing to say about anything.
I also believe because this is the venters circle,
That what is said to one another in the venters circle should stay in the venters circle and no one should take it too personaly.

Its just a place to come exspress yourself/vent your rage, let it all out,
Its like a cyber aprozlyem (look it up) anyhoo .

I'll start things off by saying somthing that i truely mean.

Microsoft sucks, X-box sucks, the system is ugly enough to win some sort of basterdized prize in an ugly contest, continueing X-box live sucks, and just to get things rolling halo is freaken gay. ahh there I said it boy I feel beter:p

Now you try :D
LET ROUND ONE BEGIN!!!

"Shadowprophet" Cause hes just asking for trouble. lol

ptr.exe
July 3rd, 2005, 19:55
lol. i like the idea...

Sony are a disgrace, and only appeal to the lowest common denominater. They're shit. Im not going to explain why as deep down everyone knows why and has read at least a hundred differant reasons for or against.

Nintendo are humble, to say the least, their marketing campaigns are awful outside of Japan, and they are coming out of sync with todays market. It's a pity but nothing can be done.

Microsoft should not make consoles, i do not own an Xbox and am not too bothered about them.

Sega are the only company to not have pissed me off, i was always a Nintendo fanboy and still am, but never disliked Sega as they did what they were meant to, they catered for a wide spectrum of audiences and delivered when they said they would.

Im sick of the hierarchy on other sites and so am happy to lurk round the hardware board of this site, occasionally coming out to voice my opinions in other topics.

quzar
July 3rd, 2005, 21:40
I'm sick of this psp crap. Just because the coders for it don't know how to hold in a release for more than a day at a time, and they feel the need to bump versions for "bug fixes". Not only that, but the users... jesus. I have seen the homebrew/emulation scenes for a few different consoles: gba, xbox, ps2, and of course DC; but never have I seen such a bunch of lazy 12-year-old-ish incompetant data-regurgiators since well, one or two will remain nameless Dreamcast scene regulars. On top of that, very very few people in the Dreamcast scene (to which this site should be dedicated) turn up as fakers. I've been around for around 3 years and have seen MAYBE 5 people talk about making something and showing some sort of photoshopped pic. Yet it seems, everywhere I turn here someone is saying "hey, I'm a professional programmer with years of assembly experience. Where can I download teh leet explot??//" The worst scenario like that I can recall in the past year+ was when mental2k was new here and lost an argument horribly and decided to say that he had a phd in I think rocket science? Something ridiculous like that, and he got poor kamjin to believe him and try(and fail) to have an intelligent conversation.

In summary: I have nothing against the psp, but it's homebrew/emulation users/coders need to shape up.

shadowprophet
July 3rd, 2005, 22:49
Yeah, like every day theres a new uosnes9x with the slightest ever changes with no real improvments over the last.
But what really got me was the avi player with no sound.
I mean Jeezs whats the point of that!!!
*Media player w/o sound :(, I could still smack that guy.

"shadowprophet" Cause he truely believes that video and audio go hand in hand.

Kaiser
July 4th, 2005, 03:52
1.A little part of me died when a Sonic game came out on a nintendo console. i'm still bitter to this day about it. :mad:

2. All the games made that suck and sell like a billion copies :mad:

3....and on a similar note all the good games that are made and sell poorly :mad:

4.Micro$oft :mad:

5.White guys obsessing about all that is Japanese (otaku) :mad:

6.Mc Donalds :mad:

7.Nintendo fumbling the ball on their new system again :mad:

8.The name of microsoft's latest "console" and the reason behind naming it that :mad:

9.game piracy :mad:

10.Sega screwing sonic cd up again for us North Americans :mad:

11. Sony making bs videos at E3 :mad:

12. EA (evil)

and I'm done. That felt good

shadowprophet
July 4th, 2005, 10:32
:eek: Think of it this way.
Sonic is an awsome mascot for an awsome company, and (was always up untill the crash) For sega systems only.
At first I couldnt believe Sonic was comeing out on nintendo.
But the real slap in the face was when Sonic came out on the upstart newbies ps2/x-box.

I mean even still if there is a deserving respectible home for sonic. It would need to be a company deserving of the hearitage.
Nintendo and sega, bitter rivels in the past. But even tho it sucks, No other company deserves to touch sonic but sega or if necessary nintendo.

Sonic is holy to the sega fans. But ps2 and x-box are just the new kids on the block. If anyone can give sonic the respect of tradition it deserves. Its nintendo. Cause nintendo understands.

I mean lets us look at the new guys for a seconed. How can they respect somthing they cant possibly understand,(meaning ps and x-box never even had a beloved mascot).

"shadowprophet" hes well awear he sounds like a gushing fanboy in this post.
:confused: GOT A PROBLEM WITH IT:p

IT is the venters circle after all:D

**If you can't honor the hedgehog then who can you honor.**

ptr.exe
July 4th, 2005, 10:59
Kaiser, i agree with all those points, except whats the reasoning behind no. 5?

Quzar, that is one thing that has been pissing me off for ages, loading up the main page to find that all the top topics are PSP crap asking for help because they're too slow to actually figure something out for themselves or do any background research into the problem that has been answered in several other posts if they just scrolled down but no that would require some sort of effort.

No offense to the people, buy generally all they do is make shite posts about nothing or talk about warez - im sick of seeing posts about 'i downloaded Chrono Trigger but cant get it to work' cant they just say 'game'. As for this 1.5+ thing or whatever it is now, even if someone released a fix, there would still be a long string of nothing posts asking if there is a hack.

shadowprophet
July 4th, 2005, 12:35
And on that note.
I just downloaded beast of rage and the chrono killer mod.
But I keep getting random errors.
Cause I keep setting it in the wrong directory structure. (purpessly just to piss people off )
Now with that said can sombody please tell me what im doing wrong/ get it running for me :p

rotf! lol :D

lol J/K !! Dont shoot!!:p lol
Nahh I just had to say it, It works beautifly by the way, has anybody else tried it ? its awsome !

"Shadowprophet" He just had to say it :p Please dont shoot!!:eek:

Kaiser
July 4th, 2005, 21:09
:eek:
.....I mean even still if there is a deserving respectible home for sonic. It would need to be a company deserving of the hearitage.
Nintendo and sega, bitter rivels in the past. But even tho it sucks, No other company deserves to touch sonic but sega or if necessary nintendo.

Sonic is holy to the sega fans. But ps2 and x-box are just the new kids on the block. If anyone can give sonic the respect of tradition it deserves. Its nintendo. Cause nintendo understands.

Well I got mad respect for nintendo but still man. It ain't right for sonic to be running around on a Nintendo console. True Nintendo is probably the only respectable company still making consoles and its also true that if i could pick any other home for Sonic it would be Nintendo. But when it came down to loading up Sonic Advance on my GBA It gave me the shivers lol.

Its just unnatrual its hard to explain. Its like seeing A cow mate with a dog it doesn't fit.

HAHA now thats how you go on a fanboy rant ;)

Kaiser, i agree with all those points, except whats the reasoning behind no. 5?

Well my reasoning is not that I hate the white guy who loves, anime and Japanese games and sushi. The people I hate is like for example the people who only think Japanese developers can make good games and everyone else is just making crap. Not to be narrowed down on just games but stuff like that.

I agree with you on those damn updates too. Everyday for one bugfix in some random game I'll never play. I mean really....

Onetonbullet
July 4th, 2005, 23:30
Microsoft sucks, X-box sucks, the system is ugly enough to win some sort of basterdized prize in an ugly contest, continueing X-box live sucks, and just to get things rolling halo is freaken gay. ahh there I said it boy I feel beter:p

Microsoft sucks>Sure
Xbox sucks>OK your opinion, thats fine
Xbox=ugly>yep
Xbox Live sucks>You gotta explain that one to me...How in the world does Xbox Live suck?
Halo is freakin gay>If by freakin, you mean totally....and by gay, you mean awsome...then yeah I agree with you.

shadowprophet
July 5th, 2005, 09:42
Hmm. To explain why I hate haol.
That would allow people into a portion of my head that most people wouldnt understand.
I will give it a try but even after I explain my reasons, Most people wont agree.
I am an avid gamer, Hard core even , But I have always shuned games.
Good games like halo and gran theft auto, driver. For reasons that even I dont fully understand. Ive played video games since I was a small child, Im 28 now.
At the early times,Playing video games,years and years ago was a hobby that Give me somthing that I truely desired.

Now heres the part most of you wont understand.

*warning psychological information on shadowprophet*
Im not a follower, Im not a crowed chaser, And im not groupie.
I have never tried to fit in anywhere for any reason.

Ive always been a leader and started my own crowds.

To me Trying to fit in somwhere is like giving up ones own individuality.
Somthing that has made me more or less a leader most of my life,in many situations. * not that it was what I was looking for. I just dont feel peoples thoughts feelings and opinions should be opposed upon me, When i have my own.
*End shadows psychological report *

Anyhoo For those reasons. Since my strong feelings about following crowds have pretty much been with me my whole life. I dont buy into games that ginormous crowds love/admire because I feel the need to be different and not follow suit. *Perhaps I dwell to much on my own psyche.

But in short games that everyone else on planet earth loves, apeal to me less then the average person, If even for just that reason.

I realize its not a very Good reason.
And there will be a whole lot of people that do not understand where im comeing from on this.
But also im sure a few people will understand.
To those people I Say You may be in an elete class of individuals-
That has the same qualities/ Flaws that I have.

Any way, Mayby I am psychologicly flawed, But im psychologicly flawed with a Iq in the triple digits that i wont revel here Because it would seem to be showboating. (Yeah im different). But it takes all kinds to make the world go round:p

In conclusion I would like to add that people shouldnt take my posts to seriously, When I do throw somthing down on a post, its always strongly biased upon my personal thoughts and feelings on the issue.
In which im sure most people wouldnt agree to begin with :p

"Shadowprophet" Cause you asked, He told:rolleyes:

quzar
July 5th, 2005, 19:13
Any way, Mayby I am psychologicly flawed, But im psychologicly flawed with a Iq in the triple digits that i wont revel here Because it would seem to be showboating. (Yeah im different).

that IS showboating right there, and not even smart showboating, since triple digit IQ just means that you AREN'T retarded.

Kaiser
July 5th, 2005, 21:28
that IS showboating right there, and not even smart showboating, since triple digit IQ just means that you AREN'T retarded.

ha pwned

Seriously Shadowprophet make a straight answer. Don't go into some deep philiosophical explanation of your own personality. Also don't throw in big words expect people to praise you for your intellegence. On another note don't say that you hate them because they're are popular, because your a sonic fan and back in 93' you couldn't go anywhere without seeing him and he still is mighty popular. I wouldn't go so far as saying there crappy just that they have a lot to be desired.

They're good games, but I miss the days when games were not about multi-million dollar production costs and long boring intros. I liked it when the focus was on gameplay and not licensed music and voice talent ect.,

Plus GTA is so glitchy. San Andreas was a piece of crap and Vice city was great.

shadowprophet
July 6th, 2005, 09:39
:o How many quad diget people you know ? I would love to meet one ? :p
dont sweat it peeps :p Im not saying its so high it puts me above anyone :p and its not so high that it its unbelievible.

lets see if I remember correctly.

I will break it off into teirs as best I can.

somwhere between 92 and 115 is average,

between 116 and 125 is above average.

Between 126 and 140 is exclerated .

Between 141 and 160 is gifted <--- shadowprophet is in this area :rolleyes:

Between 161 and above is concidered genious *Shadowprophet wants to be in this area*

But just has to deal with the fact that he isnt,. (acordiing to some sources and books I have read, a persons iq doesnt really reflect so much, or what thay know or even truely how smart they are.

As it is more a representation of how there brain processes information.

The same book I read on this also went on to say that a person is born with there true Iq and they really cant raise it anymore then five points no matter what they do to achieve this goal. So its really just luck of the draw.

So a persons iq isnt in any way shape or form,a mesure of there worth,
Its more a processing speed that there brain works at like a Cpu.

As time and tradition would reassure over and over again, How smart one is, is not directly tied into ones Iq , But what makes one smart is ones will to learn and be educated, and the effort they put into learning.

Um as far as the ( un necessarily ovedeveloped vocab. ) go umm im sorry for that too, its not some sort of display, thats how I speak normaly:)

when I was in school, instead of wright offs , my teachers always made us copy page upon page out of an encylopedia, I hated it back then, but it prooved to be a good move on her there part.
As you can probibly tell, I copied a whole lot of pages :p lol

"shadowprophet" Cause he felt the need to clear some things up :D

shadowprophet
July 13th, 2005, 21:27
Ahh i miss this old thread. I assumed it would be a lot more sucessful. assumeing somone ever had somthing to vent about so im going to breath new life into it now,

As some of you may know by reading my post about Big brother spies upon us, our threads posted in these very forums are turning up in random places and search engines all over the net. somone wouldnt even have to search for emulation/homebrew/codeing/videogames/software or anything of that nature. Just specific information is needed. If you need proof of this, just go to google and search for some specfic imformation you may have posted in a thread here. and search through a few pages. after not very long you will run into yourself.

Im venting this because. Its an invasion of privacy. I realize People will have mixed feelings about this And thats okay by me , let me have it, I want to get venters circle back up and going.

Kaiser
July 13th, 2005, 21:55
Im venting this because. Its an invasion of privacy. I realize People will have mixed feelings about this And thats okay by me , let me have it, I want to get venters circle back up and going.

Thats basicly how I found every forum I'm in. including this one.

ptr.exe
July 14th, 2005, 16:14
Between 141 and 160 is gifted <--- shadowprophet is in this area
Oooh! arent we special.

Thats basicly how I found every forum I'm in. including this one.
Exactly.

Shadowprophet, how exactly is it an invasion of privacy? youre posting on a PUBLIC forum, everyone is allowed to see it - if you didnt want people to see it then dont post. Do you not understand the concept of a forum?

Search your screen name, it will show every forum you frequently visit and the most recent posts you made. OH NO!

Darksaviour69
July 14th, 2005, 16:32
Ahh i miss this old thread. I assumed it would be a lot more sucessful. assumeing somone ever had somthing to vent about so im going to breath new life into it now,

As some of you may know by reading my post about Big brother spies upon us, our threads posted in these very forums are turning up in random places and search engines all over the net. somone wouldnt even have to search for emulation/homebrew/codeing/videogames/software or anything of that nature. Just specific information is needed. If you need proof of this, just go to google and search for some specfic imformation you may have posted in a thread here. and search through a few pages. after not very long you will run into yourself.

that is how search engines work, they craw the internet i.e. websites every so often (the more popular the website the more often it is crawed), without this search engines would not work! it not a Its an invasion of privacy, as this is a public forum

shadowprophet
July 14th, 2005, 16:41
Those earlier posts. about the Iq thing ,Those where a bad idea, Well knowing people would have mixed responces. To get the venters circle up and running. ( It partly workd.) But then backfired upon me. And took A wrong direction. I apologized for those. And Wish I had never posted them in the first place. Thats old news get over it people please!!:D I Mean dayum!!

As for the invasion of privacy thing. Well Yeah I realize That Thats how forums are found. i realize These are public forums. What I didnt realize Was how Every specific line we type is subject to Show up on a search engine. Thats not kewl by any means. It leaves little privacy. And the fact that a lot of people dont know this, And post anyway thinking there thoughts and opinions are shared only to the other forum goers in this very forum. Is kind of unfair. People I think Should be warned of this.

Darksaviour69
July 14th, 2005, 16:57
if u can read it the crawer can read it.. it has nothing to do with us, it how the search engines work, to the crawer the forum is no different to the front page, its all text.
btw we have about 20,000 hits a day so you not getting much privacy anyway

shadowprophet
July 14th, 2005, 17:02
But I have a deeper trust for the people that would come here To dcemu, then somone that would just find my thoughts at random on the net.

But also. Ive been thinking of the positive side of this. There is no knowlage that cannot be used to an advantage. :D
knowing that my thoughts show up on search engines Thats powerful knowlage brother :D

Im not as bent out of shape and objected to this as it sounds. I only believed that people should be warned a little bit. You would be suprized that a lot of people includeing myslf did not know this fact untill recently.

ptr.exe
July 14th, 2005, 20:38
perhaps i was harsh before, but surely no warning is needed as that is the nature of the internet, people are aware of that before they post - perhaps you werent but im sure most are.

Also one thing; why you begin random words with capitals?

shadowprophet
July 14th, 2005, 20:51
No problem peat. :p I Can see how anyone would take some of my earlier comments wrongly. It was a bad move on my part:cool: . On to my poor typeing problems. Well im not flawless in my typeing skills to being with :P
But mostly im useing a wirelsss keyboard and mouse. and a tv out setup.
Its quite nifty. but it has its drawbacks. like the low resolution setting of a tv. Doesnt alllow me to see very well what im doing. And i suppose I could set the desktop resolution lower to make things larger more readible. But then I would just have to fiddle with toggeling with it every time I wanted to play a pc game.
So in the end its not a perfect setup. But for these features (Which i like very much) Im willing to suffer a little bit :p

ptr.exe
July 15th, 2005, 14:16
My names not 'Peat' its Peter.

shadowprophet
July 15th, 2005, 15:11
kewl my bad peter :D

WHurricane16
July 16th, 2005, 19:18
My under carriage hangs. Ok, I'm done.

DCDayDreamer
July 16th, 2005, 22:06
My under carriage hangs. Ok, I'm done.

That could well be the hydraulic sequencer valve.....

crap!, someone mentioned rocket science in an earlier post and I got confused for a min about the topic of this inane thread.

shadowprophet
July 31st, 2005, 05:17
Yeah ive got somthing new to vent about,
Ive looked all over the net to see if I could find some examples of how to impliment a scrolling background in a lua program im working on.
Ive had no luck finding anything.

Razafracken!! Thats the only compilations of mumbled words I can think of to describe my frustrations with this :mad: