PDA

View Full Version : PSP C++ Help

thehumanidiot
September 19th, 2007, 22:39
I was following this tutorial
http://www.psp-programming.com/tutorials/c/lesson04.htm
i finished it and the previous tutorials, but when i try to compile it i get this list error of errors, any help would be greatly apprecitiated.

Saracchini
September 19th, 2007, 22:43
The compiler doesnt found graphics.h. So it canīt compile your source code because you use some data structures from graphics library. Check your include paths .

thehumanidiot
September 19th, 2007, 23:29
Yes I know, but in the tutorial it said to type
#include "graphics.h" in quotations, indicationg that it is in the project folder not include.Thats what the tutotial said, and if you are right what do i have to do?

Saracchini
September 20th, 2007, 00:03
If you have graphics.h in the include directory of GCC change the command to "#include <graphics.h>" (whitout " ). If you dont... well... your GCC instalation doesnīt had the graphics library of PSP... even if you copy graphics.h to your include directory you will have linker errors.

thehumanidiot
September 20th, 2007, 00:27
Where is the GCC directory, and if i don't have what must i do next?(I am using PSPDev if you needed to know that)
Thank You for helping me this far.

Exophase
September 20th, 2007, 17:46
Saracchini; If you're going to try to help him you should at least look at what he's doing and not just give arbitrary advice :/ Something like "graphics.h" would never be part of the standard GCC headers.

thehumanidiot; You missed the part on page 2 (near the top) where it told you to download and extract the supporting files.

thehumanidiot
September 21st, 2007, 00:39
Ok thank you very much for pointing that out, BUT now i get this error.

thehumanidiot
September 24th, 2007, 22:07
anyone??? plz help

Tinnus
September 24th, 2007, 22:34
Looks like you only copied the graphics.h, not the graphics.c (or graphics.cpp). Did you extract ALL the support files?

thehumanidiot
September 24th, 2007, 23:00
yes i extracted them all, but i don't know if i put them in the right place.I am using pspdev, but in the tutorial they are using cygwin, i put the files in C:\pspdev\psp\include

yaustar
September 25th, 2007, 10:49
Your makefile does list graphics.c to be compiled judging from your output so it can't find the resultant object file.

thehumanidiot
September 25th, 2007, 11:30
So... what do i do?

thehumanidiot
September 26th, 2007, 23:22
I see that pspdev is not working, so can someone tell me what the best compiler is and how to set it up???

yaustar
September 27th, 2007, 11:48
To answer your first question, post your makefile so we can fix it.

Your second question, Cygwin + the ps2dev's PSP toolchain is arguably the best long term.

Tinnus
September 27th, 2007, 18:31
You put the graphics.* files in the same folder as your program (C code).

Remember, if the tutorial said to #include "graphics.h" it means graphics.h should be in the same folder as your .c file. Also, the makefile looks for the graphics.c in the same folder as it as well.

thehumanidiot
September 27th, 2007, 22:22
You put the graphics.* files in the same folder as your program (C code).

Remember, if the tutorial said to #include "graphics.h" it means graphics.h should be in the same folder as your .c file. Also, the makefile looks for the graphics.c in the same folder as it as well.

Thank you very, very, very,very much it works perfectly.I love you!(in a non-homosexual of course!)