PDA

View Full Version : NeoPop PSP v0.71.1 - NeoGeo Pocket Emulator for PSP

wraggster
September 19th, 2007, 23:55
Uberjack (http://psp.akop.org/neopop/) has released a new NeoGeo Pocket Emulator for the PSP:

v0.71.1 (Tuesday, September 18 2007 18:45):

Initial release

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

GPeter7
September 20th, 2007, 00:35
:thumbup: super, and if it can play at full speed it will be a super + :)

Zombo
September 20th, 2007, 00:42
I dont think it is full speed...yet!
Luckily the sound is actually GOOD! O_o

DarthPaul
September 20th, 2007, 00:59
Awesome news, gotta try this.

What good games are there for NeoGeo Pocket anyways?

PSmonkey
September 20th, 2007, 01:25
Cool. I'm currious to try this out. I like the gui.

I'm currious how the performance stacks up to my port.

sroon
September 20th, 2007, 02:21
Cool. I'm currious to try this out. I like the gui.

I'm currious how the performance stacks up to my port.
Hey PSmonkey:O what have u been upto man?
havent heard from you in a while lol
u programming anything? or just workin alot? lol
sry off topicness but yeah
neogeo rocks?
nope bobbies do:D
(O )( O)

sbd86
September 20th, 2007, 09:16
good little emulator, thanks alot. Once it gets full speed it'll be fantastic

fpcreator2000
September 20th, 2007, 14:35
Actually, It seems the emu is a recompile, with small optomizations for the PSP. From what I gather, there are sound bugs that are related to the original emu that Uberjack will not be making corrections to some of these bugs, but I don't know about optomizing the emu for speed ups. Hope he does because this emu's on point.

They need to rerelease these snk games as a "best of" or "classics" compilation for the PSP. If Atary, Sega, and like so many other companies have in the past can do this, then Snk-Playmore can do this as well. Capcom rebuillt Snk vs. Capcom: Card Fighter Clash for the DS. Why not give some love to the PSP. I know they've given us a lot already, but the Snk vs. Capcom was the reason to own a Neogeo Pocket, and also you can never have too much love when it comes to games, and women ;).

hack.fool
September 20th, 2007, 17:59
I love this emu since the previous version..
NeoGeo Pckt got some interesting game as for SNK Vs Capcom - Card Fighters Clash!
so if this emu got sound is GrEatt!!
Thanks for the release!

PSmonkey
September 20th, 2007, 18:53
:eek: I should read readme files more often.

"Version History
Credits
neopop_uk - NeoPop
PSMonkey - bug fixes that prevented NeoPop from running on a RISC platform
Thanks
PSMonkey - for making it possible to run the emulator on PSP. Without his work, this version of NeoPop would not have existed"

:p
I should pass along all the other things I found out.

Hey PSmonkey:O what have u been upto man?
havent heard from you in a while lol
u programming anything? or just workin alot? lol
sry off topicness but yeah
neogeo rocks?
nope bobbies do:D
(O )( O)

Work work and more work sadly. I try to stop by here from time to time when I can.

On the side I'm coding a 2D puzzle game I would like to see end up on PSN but running into a few snags with finding an artist to do the work.

Also boobies rock but NGPC is always a close second. ;)

paladinja
September 20th, 2007, 22:55
Gentlemen please, totally depends on the boobies.
Moving on.
Can't wait to check this out. Mostly for Card fighters, so don't care much about full speed, cuz you can frame skip as bad as you wanna be on that. The 3 important points are thus:
-Can it go full screen without mercilessly cropping any capcomy goodness.
-Can it EFFING save.
- AdHoc son! wtf?

So far no NGPC emu has gotten both of those key points rocking. But lets hope this dev can impart the love.

*MAJOR DISCLAIMER* I am NOT bitching, I'm hellagreatful for any and ALL work devs do on their fantASStic emus! You guys are sick. Thank you Uberjack & PSmonkey for helping me to only have to carry one pocket system with me everywhere i go... leaves my other hand free to deal with the aforementioned boobies.

Apoklepz
September 22nd, 2007, 14:57
-Can it go full screen without mercilessly cropping any capcomy goodness.
-Can it EFFING save.

Yes it's got fullscreen and yes it's got savestates.

paladinja
September 24th, 2007, 23:40
Yes indeed it DO, sir. That and more! Seriously, this emu KICKS! TOPSHELF presentation & features! Reminds me a bit of DGEN, only tighter and a few additional well thoughtout AND well excecuted options (X/O button switcher while running, and add/load page that disapears while not valid?? rockon!)
SUCH a step in the right direction for this VERY attentionworthy lil system. If this dev keep the love going and gets the speed up? (yes, it IS slow) Pssssh, I'll put this right next to NJ's as one of my favorite emus. Whats better than psychokillerlittlemidgetburst Hanzo? Nuthin, that's what.

Insane first release showing wishworthy promise. Bigup to EVERYONE who led up to this.

fpcreator2000
September 28th, 2007, 04:34
Seems not to work on 3.71 M33, placed it on the GAME150 folder, and no dice. Gonna try the GAME folder to see what happens

paladinja
September 28th, 2007, 15:18
it was my understanding that NO homebrew/emus work on 3.71 M33 yet because they haven't released the "kernal mode" (dont know exactly, but I guess it is essential for homebrew) version for it yet.
DAX/M33 was making people wait for it a few days as a lesson of some sort to ungreatful neubs.

PSmonkey
September 28th, 2007, 20:21
it was my understanding that NO homebrew/emus work on 3.71 M33 yet because they haven't released the "kernal mode" (dont know exactly, but I guess it is essential for homebrew) version for it yet.
DAX/M33 was making people wait for it a few days as a lesson of some sort to ungreatful neubs.

Homebrew works on 3.71 M33. Its just the 1.5 plugin extension for old PSP model units thats still missing.

I guess this emu is not compatible for slim units. It should be an easy fix tho.

paladinja
September 28th, 2007, 22:44
Thanks PSmonkey. I still have the fatpsp, so what exactly does DMA3X3's 3.71 not having the 1.5 plugin extension prevent from working?
uh-oh... alittle off topic.... uhhh, NEOGEOPOCKET EMUS RULE!!!! *whew*