PDA

View Full Version : NewDictS 0.7r is out! Unicode e-reader integrated!

wraggster
September 20th, 2007, 00:36
News from Uwe: (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2991&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0)

Sesa updated to v0.7r
Some of the improvements are:

- support for Japanese pronounciation files
- bigger English pronounciation file
- integrated e-book reader with direct wordlookup function (just click on the word and see the results on the upper screen)
- integrated multiple-choice vocabulary trainer

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

onekevinc
September 20th, 2007, 14:00
just says "Can not find any dictionary."

stevo11185
September 20th, 2007, 15:07
just says "Can not find any dictionary."

http://stardict.sourceforge.net/Dictionaries_dictd-www.dict.org.php

get the dictionaries from there and you put a subfolder in your Newdict folder called dict

(you will need WinRAR and 7zip to unzip the dictionaries)

Gilrad
September 20th, 2007, 21:00
All my dictionaries either say "no entry" and are blank, or return junk under their definitions.

nannys_hedgehog
September 20th, 2007, 21:45
There is a lot of more information on this topic either in English on palib (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2991&forum=28) or if you know Chinese on the original tvgame360 (http://tvgame360.com.tw/viewthread.php?tid=21913&extra=&page=1) site.

The English tutorial I wrote at PALIB is really detailed, there is a zip with predifined folder structure (NewDictS_Folder_structure.zip) to make it foolproof and for supercard user who tried all without success there is a link to an older working version.

And ... there is a nice flash video showing some of the potential of newdicts and how to use it.
And .... at last there is a message telling whoever wants to know:

DON'T PANIC!

or was it:

Don't forget to DLDI patch...

Just look!

...... And if that wan't help and you are looking for help, there should be some more info from your side like:

1) Which version of newdict you are using?
2) Have you DLDI patched the version?
3) Which type of flashcard you are using and which firmware (because f.i. R4 Firmware v.11 has DLDI-autopatching, if you DLDI patch the NDS file or use a DLDI patched NDS file it will freeze)?
4) Have you followed the installation instructions carefully, especially regarding the folder structure? How is your folder structure?

I can confirm that the actual version 0.7r (not the libfat one) is working like a charm on R4DS.

Gilrad
September 21st, 2007, 00:05
I got it mostly working now (turns out I had to use 7-zip to extract, nothing else would work).

The only problem I am having is with kanjidict2. It's as if none of the entries are shown, even though if I were to tap on the area where they would be, I get the results on the top screen.

I am running a CycloEVO on the newest version of newdicts, if that helps.

nannys_hedgehog
September 21st, 2007, 06:58
Tried kanjidict2. It seems that some of the Kanji's are supported and some not. If you scroll down after a while some Kanji's are shown. That would make sense since implementing between 1000 and 80.000 Kanji's sounds like an impossible task.

maxiewawa
November 10th, 2007, 15:28
I've haven't been able to get the program running properly.

I can load everything alright but dictionaries are garbled. Some entries are blank, and some definitions don't match the word I have entered.

I am using a DS Fire Card, so I've used the R4 file to DLDI the Rom. Still no luck though. Entries are all over the place.

Please help, NewDicts was one of the main reason I got my NDS.

sboi
November 10th, 2007, 16:38
I've haven't been able to get the program running properly.

I can load everything alright but dictionaries are garbled. Some entries are blank, and some definitions don't match the word I have entered.

I am using a DS Fire Card, so I've used the R4 file to DLDI the Rom. Still no luck though. Entries are all over the place.

Please help, NewDicts was one of the main reason I got my NDS.

When u make .dic u cannot just rename it. U need to use 7zip and unzip to .dic. THats the error made most by people.