PDA

View Full Version : Sony confirms Dual Shock 3

bandit
September 20th, 2007, 06:06
During its press conference at the 2007 Tokyo Game Show, Sony Computer Entertainment finally announced the worst-kept secret in gaming - the Dual Shock 3. The new controller looks exactly like the Sixaxis from the outside, with the only difference being that it now says Dual Shock 3 instead of Sixaxis on the top.

Sony announced that a number of games that are appearing at TGS already support the rumble functionality, including Metal Gear Solid 4 (and MGS Online), Devil May Cry 4, echochrome, Ratchet & Clank Future, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Dynasty Warriors 6. And as we reported yesterday, Burnout Paradise looks to also support the new controller.

Along with its new rumble functionality, the Dual Shock 3 will still support the motion sensing function of the Sixaxis.

The Dual Shock 3 will launch this November in Japan, while the US and Europe will receive the new controller in the spring of 2008.

Source: IGN (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/821/821289p1.html)

royvedas
September 20th, 2007, 07:43
Now maybe, just maybe I will get a ps3 some day.

Once again early adopters are getting screwed.

winxp64
September 20th, 2007, 11:32
Thats just lame, dual shock shoulda been in it from the start....they sorta did the same thing with the first playstation i don't even think the first controllers had dual shock in them either. or you had to buy a whole new system to get it to work.

jonezybaby
September 20th, 2007, 12:05
early adoptors arnt always screwed, i didnt use the rumble much on the ps1 or 2 so wen i bought my ps3 was kinda a bonus cus i dont have 2 go thru the options to turn of vibration!

bandit
September 20th, 2007, 12:49
Thats just lame, dual shock shoulda been in it from the start....they sorta did the same thing with the first playstation i don't even think the first controllers had dual shock in them either. or you had to buy a whole new system to get it to work.
When PS1 first released, it didnt have Dual Shock. The first controller didnt even have the analog joysticks.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b0/Playstation_Controller.jpg

Then they released a new controller with analog (looks just like Dual Shock but the joysticks were plastic and curved in). The Dual Shock's analog joysticks didnt curve in and had rubber tops to them.

mcdougall57
September 20th, 2007, 17:47
seems strange they are shipping them to different regions at different times

bandit
September 20th, 2007, 19:50
seems strange they are shipping them to different regions at different times
To ease the amount of production to produce when released. That will be a lot of controllers to produce and release all at the same time.