PDA

View Full Version : TGS 2007: "Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep" Announced For PSP!

BelmontSlayer
September 20th, 2007, 06:51
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/BelmontSlayer/c027b329.jpg

Square Enix's Tokyo Game Show presentation is currently going down in Japan and we've got the first details on the new Kingdom Hearts title.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for PSP looks to be a single-player adventure in the vein of the PlayStation 2 iterations, though not "Kingdom Hearts III." Birth by Sleep's protagonist was not explicitly named in the presentation, but he looked an awful lot like Zack of Final Fantasy VII/Crisis Core fame.

Square-Enix's Official Press Release (http://www.square-enix.com/jp/company/j/news/2007/download/20070920_49.pdf)

Give Feedback Via Comments
via 1UP (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162989)

SnesR0X
September 20th, 2007, 07:19
I am so pumped for this :D

Basil Zero
September 20th, 2007, 08:05
Dang you beat me to it xD

V3N0M
September 20th, 2007, 08:22
Didn't they just say they had no plans currentaly when gunntims asked them? :rofl: Show us all how much we can trust their word! But yeah, this game should be good!

Basil Zero
September 20th, 2007, 08:29
there's also a game coming out for DS as well, wootness, I cant wait for both ^____^

JKKDARK
September 20th, 2007, 14:58
I love this serie. Finally a good game for PSP

Veskgar
September 20th, 2007, 16:47
YES!! So it is finally happening. That is such great news for the PSP. With some people going as far as saying that the PSP is a dying breed and SONY should scrap it altogether, having Kingdom Hearts of all games being developed for it shows that the PSP is here to stay.

I love this serie. Finally a good game for PSP

Yes, this is a truly fantastic game series, but I have to tell you that there are now plenty of great games for the PSP. Why people still gripe about PSP games still is beyond me.

sappo
September 20th, 2007, 17:00
W00t. DS is getting the better one of the two :D

Cokemusic
September 20th, 2007, 17:36
The DS version will look crappy along side the PSP version unless the developers do something genius on the DS and get lazy with the PSP version.

DarthPaul
September 20th, 2007, 17:58
Yeahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KINGDOM HEARTS FOR PSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I freaking <3 Kingdom Hearts.

CaptainMorgan4
September 20th, 2007, 18:15
Any pics comming soon or something?

DarthPaul
September 20th, 2007, 18:18
Yeah, that would be great. I'll jump for joy!

jools
September 20th, 2007, 19:14
Sounds awesome, they better not mess it up though :D

voorheesda
September 20th, 2007, 19:38
Hmmm i havent played Kingdom hearts, can a game mixed with Donald duck and square characters be that good? ;S then i just have to try this wierd game.

Cloud_35
September 20th, 2007, 20:21
I almost tought it was a fake but it's not!

NICE!!!!!

DarthPaul
September 20th, 2007, 20:31
Hmmm i havent played Kingdom hearts, can a game mixed with Donald duck and square characters be that good? ;S then i just have to try this wierd game.

Try "this weird game". Believe me, it's awesome. One of my all times favorites. That mix between Disney and Square-Enix is something outstanding. So cute, rude, funny, dark, childy, mature.... all at the same. Something unique. Plus one of the greatest story-lines and gameplay/battle system ever.

xg917
September 20th, 2007, 21:48
i still need to get kingdom hearts 2! lol, i havent played that yet.

psp > ds lol. i bet the ds version will suck as much as chain of memories

giggity giggity goo
September 20th, 2007, 22:06
lmao i love how people can assume that just because a kingdom hearts game is coming out for psp it will be good, or somehow "save" the system

why don't you all just cool your little fanboy jets and wait untill we get something to that can be judged

also just because a game has the label of a great series doesnt mean itl be good

OMFG its final fantasy so it must be good... HOLY christcakes! metal gear solid is a psp release title!!!

gundam was possibly one of the best, and most influential anime in history, and basicly owns the entire mech genre, however there exists maybe 2 games that dont suck ass

so all im saying is hold your urine, one or both of them may be horrible

however, i must say i love that square isnt trying to milk the storyline, they ended sora's story and are moving on, i love that, because if they did to KH what they are doing to ff7 i'd shoot myself

Johnny Rash
September 21st, 2007, 00:06
Woohoo! I can't wait to fight someone at Walmart for it!

LilSwish722
September 21st, 2007, 00:16
I cannot WAIT! This is sure to be incredible. I was impressed with KH and KH2. so KH for the PSP is going to be great.

Tetris999
September 21st, 2007, 03:14
lmao i love how people can assume that just because a kingdom hearts game is coming out for psp it will be good, or somehow "save" the system

why don't you all just cool your little fanboy jets and wait untill we get something to that can be judged

also just because a game has the label of a great series doesnt mean itl be good

OMFG its final fantasy so it must be good... HOLY christcakes! metal gear solid is a psp release title!!!

gundam was possibly one of the best, and most influential anime in history, and basicly owns the entire mech genre, however there exists maybe 2 games that dont suck ass

so all im saying is hold your urine, one or both of them may be horrible

however, i must say i love that square isnt trying to milk the storyline, they ended sora's story and are moving on, i love that, because if they did to KH what they are doing to ff7 i'd shoot myself

im sorry but people dont urinate and have crazy orgasms like you over this.....................

anyway, this isnt fanboyism and it will not save the system WHY? because the system is already good

YOU, as a FANBOY have to broaden their vision by seeing the good in other consoles, and not go "ooooh its bad cuz it not made by nintendo!, or ooooh it doesnt have touchscreen!"

the psp and ds are both remarkable systems and i have found both of them to be fun but the psp apeals to me and i have mostly nintendo based consoles

I get a system if its good and i dont say its better than everything else, but i do say it appeals to me and thats it

your point absolutely makes no sense in arguing this that the psp "sucks" already

VexnadFett
September 21st, 2007, 03:17
i honestly don't know if i should get excited about this game or not...
i love kingdom hearts but... if my friends can't play who are really into kh (they don't have psps) then i'll have no one to talk about it with....
plus this game could quite possibly turn to crap...

Shadowblind
September 21st, 2007, 03:34
Only a few things to say.

OHMIFREAKINSWEEEEET!!!!

ive been waiting wayyyy too long for a PSP Kingdom Hearts :D

WAYYYY TOO LONG!!!

Veskgar
September 21st, 2007, 06:05
Many PSP games have proven that the PSP can be pushed to almost equal PS2 level visuals. The PSP is also capable of beautiful video cut-scenes, audio dialogue, etc. So Kingdom Hearts for the PSP was the right choice and I think it shows great promise.

And as far as the whole DS Lite vs. PSP goes, they are two entirely different systems. I own both and barely ever touch my DS Lite. As stated before, the PSP just appeals to me more.

SpacemanSpiff
September 21st, 2007, 13:05
Many PSP games have proven that the PSP can be pushed to almost equal PS2 level visuals. The PSP is also capable of beautiful video cut-scenes, audio dialogue, etc. So Kingdom Hearts for the PSP was the right choice and I think it shows great promise.

And as far as the whole DS Lite vs. PSP goes, they are two entirely different systems. I own both and barely ever touch my DS Lite. As stated before, the PSP just appeals to me more.

Well the one obvious area where the PSP falls short of the PS2 is controls, there are plenty of PS2 -> PSP conversions that faltered due to the PSP's lack of button inputs. Plus I don't really agree that the PSP is capable of PS2 quality vaisuals, the image quality in PSP games seems far worse (TONS of jaggies), less detailed environments, most games don't have any real lighting, really across the board everything seems a notch below PS2 quality. The problem with the PSP is that its close enough to the PS2 that developers develop games for it as if they're developing them for the PS2, but the PSP's limitations end up holding them back, but with the DS developers are forced to design games around the limitations of the hardware. As it stands, most of my favorite PSP games are less ambitious games like the 2 Mega Man games, Ghouls and Ghosts, Lumines, Wipeout, Crush etc., games that don't feel like they would've been better off if they were on the PS2.

Veskgar
September 21st, 2007, 17:00
Well the one obvious area where the PSP falls short of the PS2 is controls, there are plenty of PS2 -> PSP conversions that faltered due to the PSP's lack of button inputs. Plus I don't really agree that the PSP is capable of PS2 quality vaisuals, the image quality in PSP games seems far worse (TONS of jaggies), less detailed environments, most games don't have any real lighting, really across the board everything seems a notch below PS2 quality. The problem with the PSP is that its close enough to the PS2 that developers develop games for it as if they're developing them for the PS2, but the PSP's limitations end up holding them back, but with the DS developers are forced to design games around the limitations of the hardware. As it stands, most of my favorite PSP games are less ambitious games like the 2 Mega Man games, Ghouls and Ghosts, Lumines, Wipeout, Crush etc., games that don't feel like they would've been better off if they were on the PS2.

Yes, you make some good points. Just remember I said that the PSP was almost capable of PS2 level visuals. And I must also point out that visuals mean squat to me if the rest of the game sucks.

I agree with you about the fact that developers haven't focused on building PSP-specific titles, instead trying to water down console games to squeeze onto the PSP. That is killed a lot of games. And as well as you, I find my favorite PSP games being games such as the ones you pointed out. Games that don't try to do to much but instead are executed nicely on the powerful PSP. Games like the Final Fantasy Remakes, Lemmings, Gradius Collection and the other shmup collections released in Japan.

Naturally, the PSP having lots of "ports" is a big gripe to a lot of gamers. But another example of the PSP's greatness is the fact that some of the exceptional games for PSP are actually being ported to the PS2 :eek: - Games like Siphon Filter, GTA, and I think a few others.

Concerning Kingdom Hearts, I don't think the PSP's button layout will be an issue.

So I think where we both agree on is that as soon as developers realize that we do not want a home console in our pocket, but instead a cutting edge portable gaming experience tailored and built from the ground up for the PSP.

sappo
September 22nd, 2007, 19:01

For me is the same, except that the console I barely touch is the PSP :P

I only use it for emulators :D

No good games except Guilty Gear XX: Slash.

Even Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is boring.

Instead, just for example, th only Ace Attorney series owns all PSP games. The PSP has a good hardware, but no good games.

That's life.

Johnny Rash
September 23rd, 2007, 10:52
There should be a petition against crappily ports of PS1 and PS2 games.

The PSP should have games that were made for the PSP. The only game I haven't sold is Lumines and Lumines 2.

As long as the create an original story line and create it for, it'll be good.

Like I said before,
I can't wait to fight someone at Walmart for this one.

xg917
September 23rd, 2007, 14:40
just because the psp is lacking 5 controls that you dont even use in the game doesnt mean that the game is gona suck. the only way that it will suck is if it has 2d graphics and is like chain of memories.

regarding the DS version, i think it would be a hard game to play unless they use the touch screen somehow

JKKDARK
September 23rd, 2007, 15:34
it will not save the system WHY? because the system is already good

He's trying to say the PSP is losing miserably against the DS. Just see the sales on hardware and software worldwide, there's a big difference.