PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Stores coming to PCs?

Basil Zero
September 20th, 2007, 09:07
Kaz Hirai's opening keynote for Tokyo Game Show featured plenty of announcements, but one that should interest PSP owners is that Sony has announced a version of the PlayStation Store accessible by PCs. The store is now live for Japanese gamers, featuring downloads like original PlayStation One games for the PSP, bypassing the need for a PLAYSTATION 3 with which to download content.

While the PlayStation Store is already live in Japan, it's restricted to that region only, so navigating it will be a challenge or impossibility for those in Europe and North America.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/tgs07/playstation-store-coming-to-pcs-301730.php

alexvander
September 20th, 2007, 12:23
lol i see i big mistake in that idea because once it on a pc more people will upload it to the net and sony would be wishin they didnt make the ps store on pc

lmtlmt
September 20th, 2007, 12:47
and it would aslos lead to security flaws in the system and peoples credit card details would be sold

cloud_952
September 20th, 2007, 16:54
And Christ will come to save us all.

Where do people get these theories?

Zin0099
September 20th, 2007, 18:06
great how about releasing ps0ne games from jap and eur china etc in english

Airdevil
September 20th, 2007, 22:21
This is EXACTLY what sony should of done in the first place instead of a PS3 store in order to play and download psp items.

I actually think sony have done something right. But this one positive doesnt make up for all the negative sony have given us.

Johnny Rash
September 21st, 2007, 00:30
This is EXACTLY what sony should of done in the first place instead of a PS3 store in order to play and download psp items.

I actually think sony have done something right. But this one positive doesnt make up for all the negative sony have given us.

Damn right!

Restricting the PS1 action to the PS3 was a bad idea. Probably hoping it would get more people to purchase PS3s. Dark_Alex took the liberty of removing that little blockade.

The PS Store probably isn't a good idea online. P2P sites would have a field day with this.

cloud_952
September 21st, 2007, 15:05
O_O THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS AND WHAT WE HAVE NOW.

People ALREADY upload the games from the playstation store to p2p networks. All this changes is that you can use your PC as the source to get games to your PSP instead of a PS3. x_X What are people not getting? The ONLY thing this does is skip a 3 minute middle step of pulling the files off of your PSP and uploading them to the PC. There's no more risk of cracking, there's no more risk of piracy than we've already seen.